Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

Originally Posted by glasses

in response to williams thread "has anybody went from skinny to buff" that got locked

I certainly wouldn't consider myself buff now, but this is what I used to look like

b7dwdw.jpg

1 month into working out
14ddb39.jpg

6 months
infwy8.jpg

then I stopped, because I got bored. All at home training because I loathe gyms.  protein powder and food only. worked out 20mins 4 days a week
Ducktales 
I agree. You can't put that much muscle mass in 30 days, legal or illegal, especially with that bird chest. 

Just started Rippetoe's 3x5 program and I'm loving it. I've added at least 10 pounds to all my lifts in the first week and I feel like I'm getting stronger every time. My biggest

improvement has been squats, going from 190 to 215 in the first week. I'm excited to see what will happen in the next couple of months.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

I'm in the Air Force DEP.. trying to get into shape before my ship date.. (around August the earliest)

Anyways I'm a real skinny/frail dude.. 5'2.. 107 lbs.. trying to add on weight. I eat as much as I can but it doesn't really do much.

But.. along with adding weight, I'm trying to get conditioned for boot by running miles/hills/etc.. will that get in the way of my weight gaining goals?

How can I compromise? Anyone want to help me out with a good workout routine..running routine.. etc..

Would be much appreciated.
pimp.gif
First, how old are you? You might still be growing, I don't know many grown men who are 5'2 107 ibs, 

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I'm in the Air Force DEP.. trying to get into shape before my ship date.. (around August the earliest)

Anyways I'm a real skinny/frail dude.. 5'2.. 107 lbs.. trying to add on weight. I eat as much as I can but it doesn't really do much.

But.. along with adding weight, I'm trying to get conditioned for boot by running miles/hills/etc.. will that get in the way of my weight gaining goals?

How can I compromise? Anyone want to help me out with a good workout routine..running routine.. etc..

Would be much appreciated.
pimp.gif
First, how old are you? You might still be growing, I don't know many grown men who are 5'2 107 ibs, 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

in response to williams thread "has anybody went from skinny to buff" that got locked

I certainly wouldn't consider myself buff now, but this is what I used to look like

1 month into working out

6 months

then I stopped, because I got bored. All at home training because I loathe gyms.  protein powder and food only. worked out 20mins 4 days a week
Ducktales 
I agree. You can't put that much muscle mass in 30 days, legal or illegal, especially with that bird chest. 

No benefit to lie. I forgot to mention that I didn't start working out until 2 years later from the first pic.

first pic - 2006

2nd pic - july 2008

3rd pic - dec 2008

aug 2008, month after the 2nd pic, I still had a birdchest, i dont see anything too unbelievable
fyo043.jpg

b7dwdw.jpg

1 month into working out
14ddb39.jpg

6 months
infwy8.jpg

Do you honestly think any of us believe you? Seriously?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There's no way you only worked out 20 mins a day at home and got like that.

b7dwdw.jpg

1 month into working out
14ddb39.jpg

6 months
infwy8.jpg

Ducktales.bmp.jpg

StaXX wrote:

b7dwdw.jpg

1 month into working out
14ddb39.jpg

6 months
infwy8.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn i had my hopes up
roll.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

StaXX wrote:

b7dwdw.jpg

1 month into working out
14ddb39.jpg

6 months
infwy8.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn i had my hopes up
roll.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

I believe it.

Those pictures are very deceiving.
Exactly.

The pics aren't even that deceiving though. The response aren't surprising considering what people think of as "big". I've seen guys weighing 160 or  even 180 routinely being called
big in this thread.
My guess is the dude is around 165-175 in the last pic and that's normal. Not too crazy at all.

StaXX wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Edit- Didn't see your other post.
Make's more sense now. I thought your first picture was when you first started.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

b7dwdw.jpg

1 month into working out
14ddb39.jpg

6 months
infwy8.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn i had my hopes up
roll.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

Yo I doubt this is real but if it is, give me your routine now.

I already mentioned my Body Fat % is at about 6-7
But even with that I feel like I have fat deposits/love handles on my sides
I've been mixing in sit-ups and side bends (for obliques) with my cardio but I have a feeling that they won't just go away (I mean I can only go so much lower body fat wise)
WIll a neoprene belt do anything for this? Do they work at all?

Lost another 3.5 lbs in about a week and a half... about 6-8 more lbs to go and Ill be where I wanna be.. Already lost 18 so far
pimp.gif

I don't see the huge dramatic gains everyone else is seeing in that guy's pics either. Just one picture where shadows are making his deltoids looks big and another where the extremely low resolution accentuates the fact that he's flexing. Son has the Myspace/Facebook angle game on point. Props on the low body fat % though, however from the looks of your "before" picture doesn't look like you have it in the genes.

I don't see the huge dramatic gains everyone else is seeing in that guy's pics either. Just one picture where shadows are making his deltoids looks big and another where the extremely low resolution accentuates the fact that he's flexing. Son has the Myspace/Facebook angle game on point. Props on the low body fat % though, however from the looks of your "before" picture it looks like you have it in the genes.

Originally Posted by iLLest

I'm %%+%+!$ annoyed. I'm 5'11 and 195 pounds. I have nice arms, shoulders at times but I have SOOOO much excess skin/fat. Why am I 195..... It seems like everyone is the same size as I am but like 160-170 and under.... It's %%+%+!$ annoying and demotivating because I don't even know what I'm doing anymore..
mad.gif
mad.gif

Thats crazy im 5'11 and 195 as well. I don't know anyone thats 5'11 and in the 160 range... thats mad frail. I however do know alot of 5'10 & 5'11 that are in the 180-185's.

Question how do I get more definition, I've definitely gotten more stronger by being in the gym arms are almost 2inches bigger but I want more definition/cut look in terms of my biceps.

dscn0854b.jpg

My arms are more like the guy on the Left but I want it to be more like the guy on the right

Gotta hop on the MAX-OT training bandwagon.

Been on the 4 sets 8-12 reps for awhile and gonna change it up to burn more fat.

Tryna push out 4 sets of 4-6 with much bigger weights.

BTW, does it make a difference if all you do is DUMBBELL bench presses compared to BARBELL bench presses?

Back
Top Bottom