STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just got back from the gym.  Got some solid work in.  Did back tonight.  I'll post pics and keep updating you guys with the progress I'm making by switching up my reps and weights.

For those in the armed forces, what area should I work at most? Cant do that many crunches so I guess the core?? or should I just stick to cardio? enlisting in the USMC btw

Rest > Overdoing it in the gym.
Fast track to injury/burn out/plateau, recovery is where gains come from.
Honestly I don't even know how you can train 4 days in a row unless your doing low weight work, definitely not enough time for your CNS to get back right.
There is no competition fam, everybody has their own goals.

IdK man, I guess I train as much as I want because I know my body can take it. I've played competitive sports all through my life so...I'm just conditioned differently than most. I know my limits, so I tread softly. I definitely feel you on the injury/burn out/plateau part of it, no doubt, but I think even beyond the actual science, you must also know your own personal 'can and cannots'. Every rule of thumb is generally speaking. Before every workout, while I'm stretching and on the foam roller I'm doing mental and physical checklists of my body, taking every ache or pain, or lack thereof into account. Plus I'm getting great nutrition, and I rehab my body regularly with massages, yoga, hot tubs, saunas, the occasional ice bath, etc. So I mean I'm taking precautions and whatnot. I'm not just trying to be a big guy, I want to be in great shape overall, and functional.

Freeze, did you get hurt or just resting?

iLLest!

nah bro, I got it in. Did legs, 12-45lb plates on leg press, 2-45lb dbs on walking lunges, not too heavy on dead lifts and some quick but tough calf work. My body felt great, I couldn't just sit still at home. Went and knocked out a quick hour. I'll chill tomorrow.

Last edited:
Speaking of beef jerky. Is it a good protein snack?
I know everyone likes to wear sweaters and stuff during the winter and not show everyone what they're working with, but I want to wear a tank tonight. Call me corny but I don't got a lot of gym clothes so I rock double tanks... :rolleyes
We should start posting pics and where we get our gym clothes.. lol. serious. It would help a lot.
iLLest!

I need a spot for DIRT CHEAP, sweats and track jackets.

Foreal? What can you get from there?
iLLest!

Mushroom Chicken + Fire Cracker Chicken + Mixed Veggies = 490 Calories, 43 grams of protein. Sodium count is like 2k though lol.

And sodium is over rated, if you work out you sweat so much that you wont retain that water long to even get bloated like that.

Yea and I guess high blood pressure is overrated too. You gotta be careful with that salt my man.

Also. Cutting Update. Sorry for the weird pic. Sent it to a couple of friends to tease them to get ready for Vegas.

iLLest!

Getting ripped dude!! You're doing great!

lol I wear tanks to the gym all the time. I dont care, I like seeing my striations lol. I wear tshirts too of course, but I fill out my tee's lol. But yea I wear them all the time, tanks, beaters, sleeveless shirts, I put work IN, so it's not like I'm just a poser trying to look good for the cameras. I like watching my muscles work. And you know you catch those side glances in the mirror of people lowkey watching on the humble lol, yea they like to see it too. Be an inspiration! lol.

I stick to cut-offs that I make out of old bball camp tees and other random tees mostly

Yea and I guess high blood pressure is overrated too. You gotta be careful with that salt my man.
Getting ripped dude!! You're doing great!
lol I wear tanks to the gym all the time. I dont care, I like seeing my striations lol. I wear tshirts too of course, but I fill out my tee's lol. But yea I wear them all the time, tanks, beaters, sleeveless shirts, I put work IN, so it's not like I'm just a poser trying to look good for the cameras. I like watching my muscles work. And you know you catch those side glances in the mirror of people lowkey watching on the humble lol, yea they like to see it too. Be an inspiration! lol.

Like I said as long as you're not eating 4-5 grams it doesn't even matter for someone that works out and drinks water.

Second day using DS Craze and the pump/energy was just as great as the first time! Absolutely loving it!

I work out in long sleeves now.
This.  I copped a Thermahoody from the nike outlet for $40 bucks.  I literally wear it every time I work out or hoop, I love it.  Never gets drenched, keeps me warm when I leave, and its lightweight.  

Probably not enough nourishment. Your body went into a kind of emergency mode to save all nutrients it had left, but your muscles craved them, which made your metabolism speed up to consume them, which in turn kicked your body temp up. I've had this happen occasionally. You also could've been dehydrated. The heating and cooling system of the body can get burned out real quick if the wrong combination of activity and fuel is activated. I've seen this too many times in sports.
Yea thats what I thought.. It only happens to me from time to time but oh well.

I thought I was hydrating correctly.. Im just gonna drink a little more water before bed

Maybe even a light snack.. Only for the next couple days though.

Yea thats what I thought.. It only happens to me from time to time but oh well.
I thought I was hydrating correctly.. Im just gonna drink a little more water before bed
Maybe even a light snack.. Only for the next couple days though.

Def drink more water if you can.

I just wear a thermal set now to the gym and basketball shorts over top. It's too cold to just walk out the house in a white tee.

lol i work in a drug rehab and when i first started taking it, i tested my piss 2x to make sure it wasn't amphetamines. i'm a former ice user and there were some similarities to when i smoked ice: the boost in mood, more confidence that i could lift heavier weight, tweaking in the gym for more than 2 hours, appetite suppressed. it doesn't hit me as hard anymore but it's still great. i'm due for a stim break soon though.
eek.gif
 ..im intrigued tho. hopefully gnc (got a coupon for 25% off lol) has it. thanks!

would it be weird if i workout in crewneck sweater??? thinking about copping one to work out in...

6 foot about 175-180. I can't really lose or gain weight very easily since i run too much. Soccer is almost over so i hope to be able to put maybe a little bit more weight on and cut down on long distance running. But always had bigger legs from soccer as a kid. My chest is hardest for me to develop.

Someone just sent me this christmas motivation...

Santa Claus been puttin in work...

Last edited:
Im definely looking to get back in shape this summer. cant start anytime soon because schools waaaay to demanding, but in due time.

Back
Top Bottom