STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I stopped working out completely after doing dead lifts, rows, etc one day.

I had some serious spasms and muscle tension that popped up two days later. Think I'm going to chill and do cardio and body weight exercises for the time being.

When I get back into it, I think I'll try the 5X5 work out to see if it helps get some gains.

Chins (strict no kip): +77.5x6, +57.5x8, +32.5x10

I'm sorry. Is this with weight? Like plates hanging off your junk?

Last edited:
My back is better and went back to the gym. Full body LIGHT routine. High reps, no compound exercises yet. Wont do squats or DL's for a while. Ran a half mile before I felt a little stiffness in my back so stopped it.

Feels good to be back after a week though, actually liking thisnfull body routine. Doing a little of everything.

Beginners question..

But is a chicken breast or some fish still healthy if you load up on seasoning? By load up I mean lowrys, pepper, maybe some old bay for the fish..

Just something my girl and I disagree on but neither of us is truly qualified to answer lol...

Last edited:
Absolutely. People not out here eating unseasoned food.

Last edited:
That's some prison looking ****
Yeah, I didn't want to wait on delivery and no stores in the area sold dip belts. 
Beginners question..

But is a chicken breast or some fish still healthy if you load up on seasoning? By load up I mean lowrys, pepper, maybe some old bay for the fish..

Just something my girl and I disagree on but neither of us is truly qualified to answer lol...
So long as you're drinking enough water, I see no issues.

Strange question but has anyone done Johnny Candito's 6 week strength program?

If so. Week 2 for day one says

Extra Volume Squats - Add 5 lbs or 2.5 kg if using kg plates, then perform 5 sets x 3 reps each set with 60 seconds rest between sets.

So is this saying add 5 pounds per set? or just add 5 lbs then use that weight to do 5x3?

Extra Volume Squats - Add 5 lbs or 2.5 kg if using kg plates, then perform 5 sets x 3 reps each set with 60 seconds rest between sets.

So is this saying add 5 pounds per set? or just add 5 lbs then use that weight to do 5x3?
Add 5 pounds and do 5x3. His program is based off linear progression.

Add 5 pounds and do 5x3. His program is based off linear progression.

Appreciate it repped.
Wondering how it will all turn out my one rep max squat is about 365 so thats what i used for my calculation. Day one on squats was 4 sets of 6 reps at 290 and was tagged as "moderate difficulty". I got through it but the last set was killer took a good break between sets 3 and 4. Idk if i would have called it "moderate" :lol: but did the deadlift part after that pretty easily so maybe i just need to up my intensity during the work out.

Strange that today is upper body...tuesday off...wednesday upper body agian.

What kind of scale do you guys use? I have a nice electronic one I bought back around 2009. I think it's becoming a bit worn down so looking to get a new one.

Based on reviews, if I buy one I'll go with the Eatsmart scale. I personally just rely on the ones at the gym since I don't need anything pinpoint accurate.

Last edited:
I use the Tinita Ironman Scale(BC-568 to be exact), but I bought it when I was on my Herbalife grind a few years ago so at the time it was a great investment. I still love using it, but it just one of those things that you love, but kind of regret spending the money to get it. 

Based on reviews, if I buy one I'll go with the Eatsmart scale. I personally just rely on the ones at the gym since I don't need anything pinpoint accurate.
Cats always line up at the gym for that :lol:

I only weigh myself in the morning before I eat anything and after I excrete so I want a convenient one that's of good quality.

I use the Tinita Ironman Scale(BC-568 to be exact), but I bought it when I was on my Herbalife grind a few years ago so at the time it was a great investment. I still love using it, but it just one of those things that you love, but kind of regret spending the money to get it. 
I have a Tanita now. I got it from Sharper Image and spent $120 or so on it. Given that it's used a lot, I wouldn't getting another one like it. Just want to know if there's a better brand.

Cats always line up at the gym for that :lol:

I only weigh myself in the morning before I eat anything and after I excrete so I want a convenient one that's of good quality.

Dudes line up at your gym for the scale? Your gym must be hella packed when you go, I've never had to wait for the scale. That being said, I only use the one in the locker room, or out in the open on the floor.

Amazon product ASIN B001KXZ808
Over 16,000 positive reviews and less than $50.

Last edited:
Dudes line up at your gym for the scale? Your gym must be hella packed when you go, I've never had to wait for the scale. That being said, I only use the one in the locker room, or out in the open on the floor.

Amazon product ASIN B001KXZ808
Over 16,000 positive reviews and less than $50.
I go at prime time, man. 5PM after work. And this scale is in the male locker room. I see at least 3 dudes in line to get weighted at any given time. Lol. Thanks for the link.

Appreciate it repped.
Wondering how it will all turn out my one rep max squat is about 365 so thats what i used for my calculation. Day one on squats was 4 sets of 6 reps at 290 and was tagged as "moderate difficulty". I got through it but the last set was killer took a good break between sets 3 and 4. Idk if i would have called it "moderate"
laugh.gif
but did the deadlift part after that pretty easily so maybe i just need to up my intensity during the work out.

Just remember that "cookie cutter" programs are meant to be altered to fit your individual goals and what works best for you.

Im in the process of getting a coach right now, I think Ive maxed on progress through 5x5 for squats and need something new. Im going to hit 1500 this year.

Side note: Harris Teeter deli is dat piff

Last edited:
Appreciate it repped.

Wondering how it will all turn out my one rep max squat is about 365 so thats what i used for my calculation. Day one on squats was 4 sets of 6 reps at 290 and was tagged as "moderate difficulty". I got through it but the last set was killer took a good break between sets 3 and 4. Idk if i would have called it "moderate" :lol: but did the deadlift part after that pretty easily so maybe i just need to up my intensity during the work out.

Just remember that "cookie cutter" programs are meant to be altered to fit your individual goals and what works best for you.

Im in the process of getting a coach right now, I think Ive maxed on progress through 5x5 for squats and need something new. Im going to hit 1500 this year.

Side note: Harris Teeter deli is dat piff

Thats the one thing i like about this routine. It basically leaves room for you to do what you want minus the big 3. I never follow anything perfectly since i have no real goals since i dont' compete in BB or Powerlifting. I just have numbers id like to hit

and the feels i get when i watch candito squat 405 for reps....i just want 1...just one

Back
Top Bottom