STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I appreciate that.

when is a good time to do all SRM stuff . I typically just work out. i have no idea what my SRms are

Anytime is a good time. Just make sure you try to hit them first before doing any other accessory lifts or anything. heres a site you can use to estimate what your 1rm is based on the amount of reps and weight you can do: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Make sure you're properly warmed up before you try to hit a 1rm too. Somebody in here can help you with a rep scheme. Boss gave me a solid one for bench a while back m boiz m boiz

Glad to see you guys jumping on that Ed Coan train, he is the GOAT.

Who is taking the Olympia this year? I say Flex takes 212s again and Heath probably takes the big boys again. I think physique might have a new winner though.

Phil going to win until he wants to retire.

Just science and mathematics really, it's not possible for another man to catch him.

He's already built so much on his frame yet still hasn't seemed to max it out, has access to the best gear/protocols, has the best nutrition game and obsessively monitors his body using different scientific methods down to tracking his sweat.

Kai was really the only challenger but at this point it's obvious that he can't do it on that stage.

I don't pay attention to 212 or Physique so I can't speak on those.

Last edited:
Well got damn

Is that calculator good for all the big lifts? I see at the bottom it says based on benching program

For that SRM peaking cycle, how many sets should be done before the 2 working sets each week?

Phil going to win until he wants to retire.

Just science and mathematics really, it's not possible for another man to catch him.

He's already built so much on his frame yet still hasn't seemed to max it out, has access to the best gear/protocols, has the best nutrition game and obsessively monitors his body using different scientific methods down to tracking his sweat.

You are right and wrong. The main reason Phil is going to win is because hes an awesome poster child for the IFBB; its the same reason Kai would never win. He's good looking, well spoken etc. With regards to his package... its the best overall but there are certain bodyparts he lags in. His chest, there are several bodybuilders with better and his arms- his claim to fame - close competition with Roelly.

Let's say I do this for bench.

I only need to bench twice a week?

Is this a once a week program?

It's not clear. My bad if I'm being slow today :lol:

Last edited:
For that SRM peaking cycle, how many sets should be done before the 2 working sets each week?

I don't think there's a set number. Just start with the bar then go up gradually. I may start with the bar then after do like 4-6 sets up to the working sets. I think it all depends on how much weight and how many reps you crank out.

Let's say I do this for bench.

I only need to bench twice a week?

Is this a once a week program?

It's not clear. My bad if I'm being slow today :lol:

Once a week. 2 working sets at the end of your bench workout

I don't think there's a set number. Just start with the bar then go up gradually. I may start with the bar then after do like 4-6 sets up to the working sets. I think it all depends on how much weight and how many reps you crank out.

Once a week. 2 working sets at the end of your bench workout

Im assuming each set before the working sets are the same # of reps as the working set? So say for week 1 its 2 sets 10 reps, so the bar 10reps then 5 sets of 10 then the 2 working sets?

You are right and wrong. The main reason Phil is going to win is because hes an awesome poster child for the IFBB; its the same reason Kai would never win. He's good looking, well spoken etc. With regards to his package... its the best overall but there are certain bodyparts he lags in. His chest, there are several bodybuilders with better and his arms- his claim to fame - close competition with Roelly.

So let me decipher that.
Because phil is apart of the lightskin birgade
And kai is not.

Because kai speaks very well. And is far more positive. Is consistently the fan favorite .

Kai has been out promoting the sport on tv and radio more times than phil...

Last edited:
I was about to say, how you gonna say Phil is well spoken when Kai damn near sounds like a scientist when he speaks?

I honestly believe them questionable vids that leaked of him have hurt him more than anything.

Im assuming each set before the working sets are the same # of reps as the working set? So say for week 1 its 2 sets 10 reps, so the bar 10reps then 5 sets of 10 then the 2 working sets?

I'm not sure about that honestly. Maybe somebody else could chime in.

I was about to say, how you gonna say Phil is well spoken when Kai damn near sounds like a scientist when he speaks?

I honestly believe them questionable vids that leaked of him have hurt him more than anything.

ridiculous he would even say that.

Kai is probably one of the most calculated speakers for his profession.

Phil knows his stuff, but he comes of as the im the best douchy way.
and that's ok, a lot of the greats were that way Jordan, Mcgregor, mayweather, Ali,

But don't say he's the best representive for the sport for reasons he's not.

I will forever give phil heath his respect as a competitor tho.
And as he said in Generation Iron, "why should I change what im doing when im the champion. everyone needs to change what their doing in order to beat me" I agree with that whole heartily

he's just not my favorite person.

so kai is just done with olympia huh? tired of the politics after they cut him last year and made him cry? I dig it..but that's still the pinnacle. He's not hurting them by not competing; only himself.

So let me decipher that.
Because phil is apart of the lightskin birgade
And kai is not.

Because kai speaks very well. And is far more positive. Is consistently the fan favorite .

Kai has been out promoting the sport on tv and radio more times than phil...

KAI IS ON VIDEO TAPE HAVING SEX WITH A GRAPEFRUIT. THE IFBB WILL NEVER LET HIM WIN. Also I never mentioned skin color.

Last edited:
Didn't have to.

so kai is just done with olympia huh? tired of the politics after they cut him last year and made him cry? I dig it..but that's still the pinnacle. He's not hurting them by not competing; only himself.

why not be. Heath practically bought out the last olympia. He's not really hurting himself either his brand is doing well. he's still doing features/ magazines. It's just like Cutler. Cutler does quite well for himself and he's not competting anymore. Yes Cutler has the title to back up a lot of his success. but Kai will be fine.

Out of all the rest of the participants this year. Jackson, Rhoden are probably the next popular.
Compton will be a problem in a couple years himself.

Rholley will probably be 4th.

Look out for Kevin Levrone too he'll be top 7

either way tho Kai will be fine. many many people dont know about the grapefruit thing. many many other people really don't care. and again that was some rich dude paying him to do that. is it weird yes.
is it criminal... no

not like it was animal or child pron he's in trouble for.

Kai is gonna keep promoting his brand and doing Arnold's unless something big changes. Looks like Phil and Flex are gonna have it on lock again. I'm most excited for this classic physique division. Gonna be neck and neck between Sadik and Arash

DL today. 
pimp.gif
 I tried to do more volume and still see if I could reach my 1RM. Tell me what you guys think of what I did today. You can see where I started to get a little tired at 315

135x10

225x10(skipped 185)

275x8

315x4

365x3

405x2

455 failed. Felt so gassed out just getting it an inch off the ground

The guys suggested I back down to 405 and got it up pretty quick. They thought I wasn't gonna be able to. Felt like a good day

Back
Top Bottom