STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Eat
Lift
Eat
Nap
Eat

Starting to see some quad gains creeping in slowly. Switched up my routine to high rep leg Tuesdays and single leg Fridays. High rep leg extensions with 10 lb ankle weights on Wednesdays, 6x50 each. Might throw those in on Thursdays as well. Goal is to crush a watermelon with my thighs by the end of the calendar year.

Last edited:
DL today. :pimp:  I tried to do more volume and still see if I could reach my 1RM. Tell me what you guys think of what I did today. You can see where I started to get a little tired at 315

135x10
225x10(skipped 185)
275x8
315x4
365x3
405x2
455 failed. Felt so gassed out just getting it an inch off the ground

The guys suggested I back down to 405 and got it up pretty quick. They thought I wasn't gonna be able to. Felt like a good day

Nice g. :pimp: :pimp:

I would say do less volume before 315 and you'll definitely have more left in the tank when you go for that 1rm.

Is that calculator good for all the big lifts? I see at the bottom it says based on benching program

There is one for squats. That's the one I did. Just look up Ed coen peaking cycle squats.

ahat ahat so many reps. :lol: I'm on week 5 now. Week 4 was hell. I almost puked so I was dl by the trash.

Edit, nvm that calculator is for bench. I'm still going to try it for squats and see what happens.

Last edited:
i hate stiff leg deadlifts with a passion now :lol:

Im hype for next week tho. I went really early today cuz i was worried about equipment being available so i can keep with the proper rest times between sets.

Is that 14 week peaking cycle u posted earlier for bench? And when ur building upto the working sets each week r u supposed to be doing the same # of reps as the working set?

i hate stiff leg deadlifts with a passion now :lol:

Im hype for next week tho. I went really early today cuz i was worried about equipment being available so i can keep with the proper rest times between sets.

Is that 14 week peaking cycle u posted earlier for bench? And when ur building upto the working sets each week r u supposed to be doing the same # of reps as the working set?

Yeah that cycle takes hella barbells. :lol:

Yeah it's actually for bench. When I warm up I just get used to the movement and weight. Not actually tired. Like for the dl program it do.

135x10
225x5
315x1

Then just jump right into it.

For week1 i was thinking

Barx10

95x10
115x10
135x10
155x10

175x10 x2

Would something like that be good?

For bench? That's a lot of volume man.

I'd do bar 10
95x10
135x5
175x3

You can make big weight jumps too when you warm up. I jump plates on squat and dl.

m boiz m boiz

You know of a good squat calculator? Or would that Ed coen bench one we all are carry over to squats too?

U right, thats 70 reps :lol:. Ill probably do like u suggested and do 2 sets between the bar and the working sets

For bench? That's a lot of volume man.

I'd do bar 10
95x10
135x5
175x3

You can make big weight jumps too when you warm up. I jump plates on squat and dl.

m boiz m boiz

You know of a good squat calculator? Or would that Ed coen bench one we all are carry over to squats too?

Like a program or just something to estimate your 1rm?

Last edited:
I already squat 3x a week under my weightlifting program on Wednesday Friday and Sunday.

I wonder if I can use the coan program to squat an extra Monday. Then use the Tues to recover and repeat.

:lol: I'm gonna run the Ed coen bench on squats.

I can't squat 4 days a week. That's the only lift I'd be doing unless I spent 2 hours in the gym.

Yeah I don't recommend that kind of frequency, thats really just to peak for comp.

I only squat once a week.

Anyone try Fran denim? I'm looking at the slim ones. I've outgrown 3 athletic Levi's whatever the number is in 6 months. I'm a 32 waist and need at least a 35 now to get them over my damn legs. Haven't put jeans on in months. Tried to yesterday and couldn't. -_- I haven't even gone up in weight.

Forgot to share my thoughts on fitjoy.

What are you guys smoking that are saying quest > fitjoy? Cuz I want some. These things taste just like you're eating a chocolate bar. Some have more crunch than others. Even my girl likes the bars and she can't stand any other protein bars. Damn now she's gonna be in my stash I only got 2 boxes from the jig.
Ewwww. I got 2 boxes. It's gross. Oh boy is my fav

I already squat 3x a week under my weightlifting program on Wednesday Friday and Sunday.

I wonder if I can use the coan program to squat an extra Monday. Then use the Tues to recover and repeat.

I'm just like you on this. Squatting 2/3 times a week.

Don't want to overload...Time to redo my schedule.

Anyone try Fran denim? I'm looking at the slim ones. I've outgrown 3 athletic Levi's whatever the number is in 6 months. I'm a 32 waist and need at least a 35 now to get them over my damn legs. Haven't put jeans on in months. Tried to yesterday and couldn't. -_- I haven't even gone up in weight.
I love my levi 541s. Best fit ive had. Caught them on clearance at target for 27.99

541 with the stretch is :pimp:. Won't wear anything else now, even copped the 541 chinos today for when I need to be dressed up.

Back
Top Bottom