STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

When soundview gets soundviewed smh. I'm at about 475 too.

@ahat20 those look good bro.

Just hit a 50 pound pr on my dl. :lol: wtf and broke into the 1k club total is 1035 now.

Dl
405x2x2
425x2
455x1 (soundview)
475x1 (super soundview)

Then did 5x5 185 into 175 pounds of bands.

Did other back stuff like croc rows and what not and tried the elbow fix calibeebee calibeebee mentioned.

when soundview gets soundviewed

Last edited:
When soundview gets soundviewed smh. I'm at about 475 too.

@ahat20 those look good bro.

Just hit a 50 pound pr on my dl. :lol: wtf and broke into the 1k club total is 1035 now.

Dl
405x2x2
425x2
455x1 (soundview)
475x1 (super soundview)

Then did 5x5 185 into 175 pounds of bands.

Did other back stuff like croc rows and what not and tried the elbow fix calibeebee calibeebee mentioned.

when soundview gets soundviewed

:lol: nice response.

Man dl are so hit or miss. Like obviously we all can pull a good amount any day of the week but as far as hitting big pr's it's like the planets just align some days and it isn't even hard but the week before you couldn't even get 50 less pounds that easy.

Like I just walked into the gym like I'll take it easy. Well the weight was moving quick that day so I just decided to go for it. I like not having a plan for pr's.

Periodizing my bench press now. 3x a week, undulating format. One week in, and I'm seeing some numbers come up. Still working on tightening my form and getting that leg drive down.

Man dl are so hit or miss. Like obviously we all can pull a good amount any day of the week but as far as hitting big pr's it's like the planets just align some days and it isn't even hard but the week before you couldn't even get 50 less pounds that easy.

Like I just walked into the gym like I'll take it easy. Well the weight was moving quick that day so I just decided to go for it. I like not having a plan for pr's.
Didn't you just say your max was 445 last week tho?

But yeah man. We about the same (should be). I just wanted it to feel lighter this time than it did a month ago. But yeah. I'm probably just overthinking. Might have been "one of those days".

At least I hit a 330 PR on the bench. Although I wasn't really excited lol it was like "ok cool".

But this one dude who *thinks* he press 4 plates was looking at me like I wasn't gonna hit it. When I looked up when I was done he was lookinh away. Lmao. I know he saw it tho. I do that move all the time. Lmaoooo

Last edited:
Random fitness thoughts.

Why do people wait for parking spots at the gym? Do they not see the irony?

Woman at work talking about "the hidden sugars in fruit" Oh bananas?!?! and strawberries so much surgar which is not good for you at all. Orders KFC for lunch....like ok? but like...eat the fruit honestly...

Coworker: "You don't know what its like to be tired and sore and have no motivation to go to the gym, it is really hard"

bruh....if it were easy everyone would do it...like you think i magically appear at the gym and magically stay in shape?

Do sharks complain about Monday? No. They’re up early, biting stuff, chasing ****, being scary — reminding everyone they're a ******* shark.
— The Captain (@sgrstk) September 28, 2015

Last edited:
I love parking far. Cardio head start lol.

That quote though is probably one for the stupidest and corniest things I've ever read. Bad analogy is bad

That's how I've hit 70% of my PRs. No intention of doing it but did it

This explains why my bench has struggled while my squat and DL are improving. I've been going to failure on my bench for practically a year whereas I'm doing more volume on my squat and DL.

Y'all remember dajondondo?

Salty dude following me around on IG.

Lol @ that quote.

I hate when people act "fake" busy. Like you can be "busy" but you ain't BUSY. Like I tell them, Oprah is busy. Bill Gates is busy. Hell, even El Chapo is busy and he still made time to break out twice, but you don't "have time" to do ____ and ____. Nah, you just don't wanna MAKE time. Say it like that....

Yup, my own brother says that because he travels for work he had no time to workout... Smh. I give him options to do at the hotel gym, but he like nah. Welp

Lol @ that quote.

I hate when people act "fake" busy. Like you can be "busy" but you ain't BUSY. Like I tell them, Oprah is busy. Bill Gates is busy. Hell, even El Chapo is busy and he still made time to break out twice, but you don't "have time" to do ____ and ____. Nah, you just don't wanna MAKE time. Say it like that....
They spend too much time watching reality TV and playing video games.

Seeing level executives schedules made me stop that busy nonsense. Dudes run billion dollar organizations with constant meetings and still have a rich family and social life penciled in.

My sister has like 3 jobs, goes to school and has 3 kids. Those are some busy people, most normal folks aren't.

Last edited:
Hahaha I piss and moan nonstop about working full time and going to university. Meanwhile some of my co-workers are like, "nah son. I have 4 kids, work as a nurse at the hospital at night, work at this job during the days, and ride my bike 20 miles a day between jobs. And I workout and run my own business in my spare time." :rofl: :rofl:

I still think I don't have a lot of time, but I know it's just an excuse and I keep my complaints to myself and NT now :lol:

Yup, my own brother says that because he travels for work he had no time to workout... Smh. I give him options to do at the hotel gym, but he like nah. Welp

Wth... I love when I get to travel for work, as far as working out goes. I can get my work done and then stay as long at the gym as I want. I be at the gym for 2 hrs when I travel. That's assuming there's a real gym in the area, not the crappy hotel gyms. But in those cases still no excuse to get something in.

Side note I tried dumbbell suitcase carries today. They felt alright. I used 90 lb dbs. I'll keep doing them and try 100s next time. I threw in some farmers which I like a lot more

Yup.

Like I've always said. You have two types of people: Those who talk about it and those who did it.

People love excuses. Those who don't catch up, get left behind.

A lot of people honestly don't even know what "busy" is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Side note, 206to813 206to813 I miss strongman exercises. I used to love log pressing. Farmers walk, etc. It was fun to incorporate strongman into my PL routine. I should be able to get back into it once I switch this membership to Mount Vernon Barbell.

Last edited:
soundview soundview

I failed to lock out 345 3 times two dl sessions ago. I didn't have any chalk.

Glad you showed that clown what's up.

Legs

Back squat
225x5
315x3x2

Hyper extension
90 2x15

Leg extension
3x8 165

Pull-ups
4x5

Dinner,3 pc fried chicken, grits, fried bologna sandwich and fries, salmon tar tar and confit rabbit risotto. I feel like dying :x

Last edited:
soundview soundview

I failed to lock out 345 3 times two dl sessions ago. I didn't have any chalk.

Glad you showed that clown what's up.

Legs

Back squat
225x5
315x3x2

Hyper extension
90 2x15

Leg extension
3x8 165

Pull-ups
4x5

Dinner,3 pc fried chicken, grits, fried bologna sandwich and fries, salmon tar tar and confit rabbit risotto. I feel like dying :x
Lol. I bought about 12 blocks for less than $15 on Amazon years ago.

I can't wait to get back into squats.

Yeah, people looking makes me go harder. Lol.

My gym has it for free, I just had to go to anytime that day because my boys wanted to go at like 11 and they were closed. I'll never deadlift at anytime anymore, it just isn't the same.

Back
Top Bottom