STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

This my favorite type of heavy bag

16ELSUHYDRSTRK100HVY.jpeg

Some dude at the club broke it tho :lol:. Man's a beast
Got one at the house and it’s nice. If you could only buy one bag I’d reccomend this over a traditional bag becuase of the feel and versatility.

Last edited:
I can see the appeal of having your gym in your house. Don’t have to travel, saves you time, don’t have to deal with others, weather ain’t a factor, saves you money long term, etc.

But I also feel like I wouldn’t be in the right mindset because I’m still home. Like how you would go to a library to study better. Something about going to a specific place to do a specific task.

I can see the appeal of having your gym in your house. Don’t have to travel, saves you time, don’t have to deal with others, weather ain’t a factor, saves you money long term, etc.

But I also feel like I wouldn’t be in the right mindset because I’m still home. Like how you would go to a library to study better. Something about going to a specific place to do a specific task.

Totally valid. I had the same fear of losing interest because it was more convenient to sit on my *** rather than work out....but I have not had that experience at all.

I've actually been more motivated to work out...so I guess it depends. But based on my experience alone, if you have the space, definitely consider it.

this. i feed off the atmosphere in my gym. I used to workout at home with some dumbbells and pull up bar and it was fine but that was when i was hungry and a newb

Home gym is one of those nice things to have just because, never know when you might need it.

I think Im gonna try one of those 10k calorie challenges sometime, I don't think it would be that hard.

Home gym was key for me. I'm an introvert by nature and love the privacy combined with my own music, no commute, no germs, no IG influence like people taking up time with the mirror selfies or setting up tripods to film themselves. I just like having zero distractions.

Only downside is less variety of equipment.

Haven't stepped inside a gym since 2005.

People try this all the time. It’s 16oz or bust or you’re not swinging at me. Your gloves protect ME not the other way around. Also have a problem with dudes not understand what control is. Happens in all sport though. Like the guy throwing elbows and crying after every point in basketball.

I’m late, but this all day. Sparring needs to be 16 oz gloves no matter what. I actually used to use 18 oz when I was living and training in Thailand.

A big flaw in my opinion is people using the same gloves for the bag, pads, and sparring. That’s a no for me. All that work on the gloves ruins them for sparring. I use 10 oz Winning gloves for pads and the bag and 16 oz Sabas for sparring.

Last edited:

To me, if you’re motivated then you are. It’s also not the only setup I have. I can always go to the gym when needed. During the fall/winter I’m mostly at the gym because I don’t run outside in the cold. It all serves it purpose

Power Rack w/ adjustable bench
Treadmill
Commercial Lat Pulldown/Mid cable row station with 10 different handles
Rowing Machine
Safety Squat Bar
Trap Bar
Olympic Bar
Olympic Curl Bar
Olympic plates
Hex Dumbbells with rack
Bands
Heavy Bag

That's what I've accumulated. Next purchase is either rubber 45 lb plates or the Valor seated row machine

41vE4YQmi3L._SX425_.jpg

Also in the market for an Air Dyne type bike. Probably gonna be a craigslist purchase.

Damn lol. I got the basics and the boxing essentials and that’s it. Flooring changes everything too. Saving for a good treadmill now. Bought my bike on CL for 150. It was a 800 dollar bike they never used so I lucked out. Want a good rope too.

Yeah I need some matting for the floor, about to pull up this old rug I've been using and scrap it. Heard tractor supply is a good spot for matting.

Yeah I need some matting for the floor, about to pull up this old rug I've been using and scrap it. Heard tractor supply is a good spot for matting.
Same. Looked them up and they’re about 49ish each. I’ll need about 7-8 so it’ll be my next big buy. Still very cheap opposed to “gym” flooring where they’re asking for 120-150 per mat

I’m late, but this all day. Sparring needs to be 16 oz gloves no matter what. I actually used to use 18 oz when I was living and training in Thailand.

A big flaw in my opinion is people using the same gloves for the bag, pads, and sparring. That’s a no for me. All that work on the gloves ruins them for sparring. I use 10 oz Winning gloves for pads and the bag and 16 oz Sabas for sparring.
Yes, 2 pairs of gloves are a must. If you’re serious it’s also a must to buy quality gloves. Ain’t no everlast from academy coming at me ever.

I cant imagine not having a full gym at home. So many clowns in the gym, now that I finally have a power rack and dual hi/lo cable machine at home, you will never find me at gym. I do miss the view sometimes though....

Attachments

• IMG_1390.jpeg
    IMG_1390.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 38
I’d get a home gym if I lived in the boondocks. Not worth it for me though. I got a dope gym 10 minutes away.

It would cost too much. Steel is expensive af.

Home gym means convenient two a days. I hate when i come home and realize i forgot an excercise or feel like theres more in the tank.

No way im going back to the gym though.

I cant imagine not having a full gym at home. So many clowns in the gym, now that I finally have a power rack and dual hi/lo cable machine at home, you will never find me at gym. I do miss the view sometimes though....

How much did that functional trainer run you (if you don't mind me asking)? And what brand? :nthat:

Home gym means convenient two a days. I hate when i come home and realize i forgot an excercise or feel like theres more in the tank.

No way im going back to the gym though.
During the summer I let it get hot as hell and rep it out. Everyday is a montage in that *****

Homie you got a legit gym at home lol. I need this

Key to a good home setup is getting you to respect it. You can’t cut corners when it comes to equipment. You either get the best or wait

How much did that functional trainer run you (if you don't mind me asking)? And what brand? :nthat:

Hey, it is a TuffStuff CXT200 corner funct. trainer and cost around 3500 (also upgraded the 2 stacks). I struggled with price tag for a bit before pulling trigger but have not regretted it one bit. It was perfect fit for my space and I can do just about any cable exercise I need and my oldest girl also uses it for functional training. I have to say, as much as I love the cables for variety, the power rack and olympic bar was best investment and those didn't cost nearly as much. If I had to choose one piece of equipment to start with, it would be a rack - can't believe I waited so long to add one.

Homie you got a legit gym at home lol. I need this

Key to a good home setup is getting you to respect it. You can’t cut corners when it comes to equipment. You either get the best or wait

Thanks, man. Agree 100%. I am in this for the long haul, so no corners cut. I am very lucky to have a setup like this, been building up to it for about 15 years and wife finally gave up the big spare room in the house a few years ago.

During the summer I let it get hot as hell and rep it out. Everyday is a montage in that *****

I love when it’s hot out. 100 degrees out with a gym with no ac makes it a ghost town. Only the select few show up.

You were gonna sweat anyways... I don’t see the difference other that the air being like soup but you get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom