STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Mobility exercises I use to keep me in optimal shape for all of the work I put in. Between weight training 5 days a week and boxing and playing in a football, basketball and soccer leagues, keeping my body mobile and healthy is of the upmost importance.

I was just about to ask for this...
can someone give me the list of these?
like a pdf or something i have to work on mobility and flexibility

but the MCL controls lateral movements...ACL operates on the forward/backward plane....you ran sprints on a fully ruptured ACL? No way. I need footage. you must've had to wear the stone cold knee brace and you arent running hard in that.

I'm not a kinesiologist but I don't think it exactly works like that. All four knee ligaments are ultimately working together in-conjunction with the musculature to control dynamic movement. A quick google search of published literature tells me those two assertions aren't quite right in the practical sense.

You can definitely sprint in a straight line on a torn ACL, just don't try to stop on a dime. I actually remember explicitly being told to start my deceleration 2/3 through 100m.

I'm not a kinesiologist but I don't think it exactly works like that. All four knee ligaments are ultimately working together in-conjunction with the musculature to control dynamic movement. A quick google search of published literature tells me those two assertions aren't quite right in the practical sense.

You can definitely sprint in a straight line on a torn ACL, just don't try to stop on a dime. I actually remember explicitly being told to start my deceleration 2/3 through 100m.
Yea man, the knee fascinates me. I've studied it extensively over the years. And for sure. Each piece is based on synergy.

Right right that's the bigger part, stopping. I bet theoretically you can run but you have to break slow or that tibia is going bye bye.

My homegirl tore her ACL skiing the first week of March. Got the surgery and all that. Went to Coachella this weekend. Speedy recovery lol.

many professional atheletes have played on torn up knees.

When I blew my knee out, I had to wait 6 months for surgery due to my growth plates.

I was able to rehab during that time.

So deadlifting is very possible with a torn up knee, esp if wearing a knee brace which acts as ligaments.

Team patellar tendon checking in*

Some light work today before a long run tomorrow

05A8FC6A-D642-490C-BE40-4323FE87D598.jpeg

but the MCL controls lateral movements...ACL operates on the forward/backward plane....you ran sprints on a fully ruptured ACL? No way. I need footage. you must've had to wear the stone cold knee brace and you arent running hard in that.

Yeah man I did rehab and all that **** and still had problems with it after surgery years later when I was playing ball or doing anything where the knee twisted. I cant run on concrete at full speed without it getting sore.

Last edited:
I tore my meniscus in October, no surgery, I been hooping again for about 2 months, I really haven’t lifted lower body too much, and been going light when I do. But since I’ve been able to hoop again I just mainly been doing that. I noticed my knee is feeling janky again, really minimal explosiveness off that leg. I think I need to hoop less and work in my legs strength. Any advice welcome

I tore my meniscus in October, no surgery, I been hooping again for about 2 months, I really haven’t lifted lower body too much, and been going light when I do. But since I’ve been able to hoop again I just mainly been doing that. I noticed my knee is feeling janky again, really minimal explosiveness off that leg. I think I need to hoop less and work in my legs strength. Any advice welcome

i’ve torn the lateral in my left and and medial in my right (football injury). had surgery to have them repaired, but they weren’t able to fully repair because of the size of the tears. dealing with torn meniscus sucks, do you have problems with it locking up your knee? either way, i would say that strengthening all the musculature around the knee is vital to help keep everything in place. that janky feeling is probably coming from the lack of stability around the knee. start strengthening asap. start light and work up

DBE0B69D-6D32-4B8D-B354-B2970ACA5744.jpeg

Damn there’s a fire fighter next to me and he’s training doing straight drills with weighted vests and stuff. He’s carrying weighted body bags going up the stairs and all sorts of drills. So much respect to him.

i wonder if he’s off. i think most firehouses have equipment.

i bet that weighted vest feels light compared to all the equipment they wear

“My bad it was here so I just threw it on.” :lol:

Being a fire fighter would be dope though. A bunch of them train at my gym. Good guys.

The time a fiend overdosed in front of me walking to the gym I just went across the street and banged on their door and they came and gave him some narcan and he was back from the dead.

Then after the ambulance takes him all 20 come in the gym and grab me and start taking me around by the arm telling random people I’m a hero. :rofl:

i’ve torn the lateral in my left and and medial in my right (football injury). had surgery to have them repaired, but they weren’t able to fully repair because of the size of the tears. dealing with torn meniscus sucks, do you have problems with it locking up your knee? either way, i would say that strengthening all the musculature around the knee is vital to help keep everything in place. that janky feeling is probably coming from the lack of stability around the knee. start strengthening asap. start light and work up

I appreciate it brother

“My bad it was here so I just threw it on.” :lol:

Being a fire fighter would be dope though. A bunch of them train at my gym. Good guys.

The time a fiend overdosed in front of me walking to the gym I just went across the street and banged on their door and they came and gave him some narcan and he was back from the dead.

Then after the ambulance takes him all 20 come in the gym and grab me and start taking me around by the arm telling random people I’m a hero. :rofl:

Damn banging out before hitting the gym?! I thought people were wild talking about lifting after smoking herb lol

Nah, this dude didn’t go to the gym. Just a fiend outside the gym. As much as I see them I can’t just walk over them dead on the sidewalk like that.

Fire dept is across the street and it’s all in the hood.

Back
Top Bottom