STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nice! Just did my first one last month.

Them attempts had me like.
5ca9692262c6f2caecb3701d426d7784.png

now I have to find another one to go for since that meet is full... me and my trainer were just talking about it today. He’s been trying to get me to compete since forever.

hadn’t deadlifted over 275 since August and smoked 405 for 9, I guess I still got it.

My girls first meet and she did great. Went 9 for 9 and hit PRs.

Repped. Legit jelly. I need to get my PR season pass renewed...

Not tryna be a ****, but her numbers seem kinda low. How long has she been training? The 130#'s I gym with squat and pull 300+, and they usually rep 135+ on bench. I wonder if the extra 15-20# makes that much of a difference. :nerd:

Repped. Legit jelly. I need to get my PR season pass renewed...

Not tryna be a ****, but her numbers seem kinda low. How long has she been training? The 130#'s I gym with squat and pull 300+, and they usually rep 135+ on bench. I wonder if the extra 15-20# makes that much of a difference. :nerd:

For powerlifting shes trained one cycle of a program I found for her. Shes never trained for it before that, mostly aesthetics. I have no doubt she can pull and squat +300 and +135 bench on her next meet.

And the jump from 114 to 130s would be two whole weight classes. BIG difference.

bbaa3486f0c8fbd28cd0cc09ccfb6175.jpeg

Last edited:
For powerlifting shes trained one cycle of a program I found for her. Shes never trained for it before that, mostly aesthetics. I have no doubt she can pull and squat +300 and +135 bench on her next meet.

And the jump from 114 to 130s would be two whole weight classes. BIG difference.

bbaa3486f0c8fbd28cd0cc09ccfb6175.jpeg

Thank you for the graph.

Can never tell which of these females are strong and which just don't lift heavy.

He holds the American deadlift record in the usapl with 701lb at 74kg (163lb)

hes going for the all time untested world record this week I believe which is 728lb

Just googled the dudes chart. Yeah, I was definitely in the wrong weight class. Above Class I at 198 but barely eem Class 2 @ 220.

I was told not to cut weight. Is there a reason for this? Seems like I woulda been better off at 198 instead of being one of the lighter dudes at 220...

Just googled the dudes chart. Yeah, I was definitely in the wrong weight class. Above Class I at 198 but barely eem Class 2 @ 220.

I was told not to cut weight. Is there a reason for this? Seems like I woulda been better off at 198 instead of being one of the lighter dudes at 220...

It’s a general rule for anyone competing for the first time because you’re going to lose a lot of strength come meet day and it’ll be a shock to yourself.

Ex. You train super heavy and hard at 200 then cut to 183 meet day. You’re most likely not going to hit the numbers you were hitting during training when you’re 20lb lighter lol.

What did you weigh in at? For a first meet you just wanna get in, learn as much as you can, and hit PRs. For the dudes at the meet where its not their first time, chances are their gonna be ahead of you anyways so you don't wanna negatively impact your performance.

Down the line when you do another meet then you might think about cutting weight.

What did you weigh in at? For a first meet you just wanna get in, learn as much as you can, and hit PRs. For the dudes at the meet where its not their first time, chances are their gonna be ahead of you anyways so you don't wanna negatively impact your performance.

Down the line when you do another meet then you might think about cutting weight.

Weighed in at 212. Spent that whole week tryna gain/hold weight. Normal walking around weight is ≈205. All-time PRs came at 203-206, nothing higher.

And yeah, I didn't mean training and then cutting down. I woulda cut the weight and trained at that same weight.

Been going through a knee injury pretty much all of 2019, since late February/March.. saw a couple doctors, did PT, then in September I found out it’s arthritis (psoriatic RA), I have it in my right knee, 2 toes on my left foot, and 3 on my right. Needless to say I was in pretty bad pain just walking around for damn near a year...saw a rheumatologist and got on a prescription about 7 or 8 weeks ago and It’s so much better it’s amazing!!

Got back to the gym yesterday and man it was tough🥵. I just wanted to go on a bike ride and go in the sauna and even 20 minutes was tough on the bike. Before I was doing 20 miles at a way higher resistance

good to be back and start to get back into a routine though :smokin :smokin

been looking into this CO2 training.
really good studies out on it and im trying to practice the bare minimum stuff. and it helps a lot. I can get through my entire minor body part workouts purely breathing through my nose now. and I can do majority of my cardio through only my nose. if you guys haven't checked out the studies you should. its very beneficial

really good studies out on it and im trying to practice the bare minimum stuff. and it helps a lot. I can get through my entire minor body part workouts purely breathing through my nose now. and I can do majority of my cardio through only my nose. if you guys haven't checked out the studies you should. its very beneficial
Any links?

I listened to this

Repped. Seriously considering seeing a doctor about my breathing, I’ve tried all types of cardio and don’t see any gains in endurance.

Master in one class, almost 2.

Thats a pretty forgiving chart though, especially for non tested guys, you see someone hitting 2k every weekend now.

Back
Top Bottom