STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I got asked if I would teach this older man some boxing yesterday, offered to pay me.

I said I’d do half hours once or twice a week for $40 / sesh

He said that’s cool let’s set up a day to start, he doesn’t wanna learn anything too in depth just wants to learn punches and wants to practice. Easy enough.

Made me feel good, hopefully I’m a decent teacher :lol:
$40 for half hour is wild, no disrespect. Some folks got money to burn i suppose.

$40 for half hour is wild, no disrespect. Some folks got money to burn i suppose.
It was a number I threw out when he asked me in the middle of my workout.

For the fact I have little spare time right now, I wouldn’t do anything less than $30.

iirc, I had a friend I used to train with who did private lessons for $80 / hour.. it’s not cheap.

witness the most rookie interaction at the gym today. in case some of you don’t know the only correct answer when someone says you’re looking swoll is to say “just tryin to get like you big dawg” periodt.

if you didn’t know, you’re welcome

it could definitely be that you aren’t adequately fueled or hydrated for such sustained activity if you are consistently having that happen…also one way to judge if you actually need to re-up your electrolytes is if after your activity your dried sweaty clothing has apparent ‘salt stains’ in them
It does but very light. That means too much salt or electrolytes were lost?

It does but very light. That means too much salt or electrolytes were lost?

not necessarily, it just lets you know that you should probably rehydrate/get electrolytes after activity, maybe even during but if it’s not excessive then it’s fairly normal…most people lose some electrolytes through sweating. if you are consistently getting headaches after activity when not drinking gatorade it could be the sugar in it that helps you out if you aren’t sweating a crazy amount of electrolytes…or it could be some other issue

that weather looks nice. still hot in my location. just better than when I was in L.A. a few days ago. hope to get better in about a week.
Today here in San Antonio it is going to be a high of 91 degrees... which is relatively comfortable... after an entire summer of daily 100+ degree weather.

Hiked Mount Whitney yesterday. I do a decent amount of endurance activities but man this **** took it out of me. Was out there from like 3am-7pm.

F8422584-C472-438E-A4CB-EFE4CF7F2533.png 91A3EA93-F9C6-4C49-A9A2-F082E3328A1D.jpeg

It must be nice as heck to have good bodybuilding genetics. I remember in elementary school in like 2nd grade there were those kids who had abs without doing anything. We all played on the same playground and ate the same school lunch but I was a stick meanwhile these dudes were doing back flips off the monkey bars.

My family line all have skinny arms and legs and pot bellies. Feels like I have to go 10x as hard to get where I want to be.

End rant, lolz.

Only thing I’m blessed with is good shoulders and great calves.

Everything else including metabolism is trash. :smh:
I think ancestry plays a major part of it. Never had a great abs and the most I could muster is a wide 4pack despite having a long torso. My shoulders though are broad which we got from our father's lineage. Our calves are good but mine are massive, same with my glutes and hammys. I had to work my biceps and chest muscles hard though. Anyways, the only downside with having wider shoulders is getting on and off some fitted or normal cut size shirts. Speaking of, had to size up with some shorts again and I'm back to 96kg.

It's a struggle when you come from family who never really take fitness or health seriously. You basically have to learn everything from scratch and unlearn bad habits when it comes to nutrition and diet.

i think it’s a struggle for most, which is why so many people are overweight…especially in places where food choice is plentiful & lifestyle are mostly sedentary.

Recording myself doing dribble moves was a real eye opener for me.

Would have sworn up and down I had sauce like a PG13.

Watched that joint back and i'm looking like Gobert out on the perimeter :smh:

Our bodies are our vehicles... and our food is our fuel. At the pump... there is only 93, 89, and 87. If your car is designed to maximize its potential on only 93... you shouldn't be putting in any 89 or 87 in it. I feel like we are all going to eventually learn that things like red meat and shellfish are bad fuel... and we are going to eventually eat more of less.... leading to maximum performance of our vehicles/bodies.
87 = gluten/dairy...anybody who fully takes it out of their diet for atleast 10 consecutive days reports a dramatic improvement, not just in physical performance either, also hair/skin, studying ability, mental well being etc.

89 = Most fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Particularly stuff that wasn't available in the tropical environment and only became staples within recent centuries. Apples, Carrots, Celery, Lettuce, Peanut Butter. Not necessarily BAD for you, but what benefit do you get from them that couldn't be had tenfold from others?

which leads to...93. Average American has been fooled into thinking he eats too much meat, when in reality he's probably eating a quarter pound, give or take a decimal. Most African tribes on the outskirts of civilization may eat up to 2 lbs of meat per day. Hell, the bodybuilders and pro athletes living in America have been known to eat up to 5 lbs of meat a day. For the past decade I've been doubling up the patties on my hamburgers, and if theres hot dogs available I'll slide one of those in there two. When I'm eating chicken wings I'll chew off the bone caps at the end (cartilage). And people look at me like I'm crazy. Fact is I've only touched the surface in terms of removing stuff and incorporating new things in my diet.

when I was in middle school I was super into basketball. **** was my life.

I remember practicing my dribble and cross overs by trying to cross my shadow

michael-jordan-crying-michael-jordan.gif

ua6oywsx85a31.jpg

tell me about. been doing a lot of long walks (atleast 8 hours minimum) for over a week now, while on vacation and continued thru my work. cardio is still shot and needed maybe a day or two of complete bed rest. too gassed and my injured calf is now taking the brunt of it. felt some soreness and tightening around it and my fear is when I get back to scrimmage, I could reinjure it again. I can't say that I would be able to perform to atleast 50% but I know that I'm definitely slower. I have to check my handles though I don't think that would be a problem, the same as my stroke. speed and agility though is probably done for. might be quitting this year and skipping on the league later this year.

One of the coldest things I ever been told in my life was from an old basketball teammate I played with in middle school.

After playing with me for like 3-4 seasons him and I were getting into it for some reason (I forgot why) outside of the court. He told me the only reason I was on the team wasn’t because I was good, it was because I “took up over half the paint just standing there”.

I quit after that. It’s gym pre workout for me now.

Back
Top Bottom