STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Here is another version of protein pancakes 

I made a similar version of that last week. Used the Walden Farm chocolate syrup and mixed it with a scoop of CPB protein to top it off. Pretty good.

Hey bros is the Nutribullet worth the bread or will a cheaper joint be more than fine?

Nutribullter 99

Oster joint 25

Hamilton Beach joint 16 bucks

I have that exact Oster one. It gets the job done pretty well but for some reason I still want the Magic Bullet.

I have that exact Oster one. It gets the job done pretty well but for some reason I still want the Magic Bullet.

Magic Bullet was 50. I`m looking to get one of these when I start bulking so I can make smoothies and weight gainer, sure I could just use a blender but these seem a tad more convenient

Magic Bullet was 50. I`m looking to get one of these when I start bulking so I can make smoothies and weight gainer, sure I could just use a blender but these seem a tad more convenient

We both lost crazy weight, I don't think you'll need a gainer shake IMHO. I haven't had to, and haven't stopped keeping track of macros since stopping the cut in November and i've put on about 12-13 lbs since then, all while trying to eat at maintenance. I've read a ton of things about former big'uns having to eat less than one whose been light their whole lives to maintain the same weight. Of course YMMV, but this has been the case for myself

Lucky, do NOT get that Hamilton Beach one. I was looking at blenders about a month ago and copped that HB one...it lasted exactly ONE protein shake.

What I recommend is getting a solid Black & Decker one from Wal-mart...about $40 and they come with a lifetime guaranteed warranty if you get it from Wal-mart. So far so good for me and I load up on my protein shakes...almonds, granola, frozen fruit, etc...

We both lost crazy weight, I don't think you'll need a gainer shake IMHO. I haven't had to, and haven't stopped keeping track of macros since stopping the cut in November and i've put on about 12-13 lbs since then, all while trying to eat at maintenance. I've read a ton of things about former big'uns having to eat less than one whose been light their whole lives to maintain the same weight. Of course YMMV, but this has been the case for myself

yea I`m scared bro that when I finish my cut and try to bulk or even maintain a weight that my body will try to add crazy weight. IDK

Nutribullet is worth it. The way it's designed makes it really convenient. And it's noticeably more powerful than the Magic Bullet.

Last edited:
Nutribullet is worth it. The way it's designed makes it really convenient. And it's noticeably more powerful than the Magic Bullet.

yea it looked very solid and legit, lol but for 100 bucks I wanna make sure its something I use which is why I`m waiting till I start bulking.

yea I`m scared bro that when I finish my cut and try to bulk or even maintain a weight that my body will try to add crazy weight. IDK

Definitely man, it's hard to even decide to willingly put on weight after that being the main motivator in deciding to do the opposite, and for so long. Luckily i've been able to do it low and slow at less than 1lb (average) a week, but i'm digging it so far. How I began was by adding 250cals to my TDEE, and adjusting from there every few weeks.

Definitely man, it's hard to even decide to willingly put on weight after that being the main motivator in deciding to do the opposite, and for so long. Luckily i've been able to do it low and slow at less than 1lb (average) a week, but i'm digging it so far. How I began was by adding 250cals to my TDEE, and adjusting from there every few weeks.

yea my maintenence level right about 2700 cal right now, so I assume when I get down to like 200 it will be about 2500, so starting out on a bulk I would prob eat about 2700-3000. I get so jealous seeing these tiny cats on BB.com eating at 3500 calories on a cut lol

well you wanna work out 7 days a week? if so then go ahead

most do 3-4 days of workouts and rest in between some days or they do cardio on "rest" days

It's all trial and error.  You can calculate maintenance calories til you're blue in the face.  Even if your activity level is that of an athlete, some people simply have trouble burning calories.  That's the one thing I worry about when I hear people who dropped a lot of weight talking about bulking.  This fitness thing really is a never ending journey.  You have to constantly tweak everything to what works for you.
Made a mistake and scooped a pack of large Polo tees in a rush knowing that i usually grab mediums. Joints feel baggy as hell. Gonna have to hope they shrink or just give the other two away and cop mediums. Figured I could get away with it since my upper body has filled out more, but this is a good problem to have
smokin.gif
I know that feel bro, good thing I'm finally a large now 
wink.gif

ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED my legs today. Got a lot of squats in, then burned my calves up at the end.

Was limpin out the gym

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Good stuff my dude.  It makes buying clothes more rewarding when everything fits so much better.  My only issue now is that I've built my damn legs up so much that my quads hug the hell outta my pants lol.  That's what they make tailors for, though.

Back at it tomorrow.  Spent the weekend with family and taking care of the lil one's bday party yesterday.  Felt good to have everyone complimenting me on continuing to remain in shape.  So eye opening when you realize that 80% of the people around you have simply given up on trying to be fit. 

It's all trial and error.  You can calculate maintenance calories til you're blue in the face.  Even if your activity level is that of an athlete, some people simply have trouble burning calories.  That's the one thing I worry about when I hear people who dropped a lot of weight talking about bulking.  This fitness thing really is a never ending journey.  You have to constantly tweak everything to what works for you.

Definitely, I guess I should've said to not take the calculations at face value, but I did say to assess the progress, or lack thereof, every few weeks. This isn't necessarily a game of excel sheets or calculators, what works for one won't work for another, even with identical stats and measurements.

This journey, it's a tough one, but none tougher than living with sicknesses and diseases :smokin

just went out and bought my pair of Bluebuds X! got these ***** pumpin... bout to start back tomorrow after a long hiatus, lets go!

Set a PR on squat, and DLs. :pimp:

2 sets of 3x275 squats.
1RM 365 DLs. Legs were already tired though.

It literally blows my mind that you do those numbers on squat and dl but bench so low. Props.

I'm kinda the opposite. My legs are progressing SO slow. I know it's mental because I'm at 10 months since Achilles surgery. I think I should be able to do more on squats by now. I've also been stuck on 275 dl for like 3 months.

Nice new PR's baltimoregutta

not confident on my shirtless progression pics yet. Weighed 152 today after cardio, down from 177 from feb. Probably when i get to 140 ill do shirtless progression pics...

February/January

yesterday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom