STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Set a PR on squat, and DLs. :pimp:

2 sets of 3x275 squats.
1RM 365 DLs. Legs were already tired though.

It literally blows my mind that you do those numbers on squat and dl but bench so low. Props.

I'm kinda the opposite. My legs are progressing SO slow. I know it's mental because I'm at 10 months since Achilles surgery. I think I should be able to do more on squats by now. I've also been stuck on 275 dl for like 3 months.

I actually gained strength in my bench by working on my weaker points. Mind you I'm not even allowed to really bench heavy yet. I my PT doctor said I need to do light benching till July.

I prefer doing legs over any other exercise since they take forever to tire.

^

What were your weaker points?

Killed chest and shoulders but man, I hit 275 for 2 decent reps last time, but 245 was as much as I could go today. 
mean.gif
 My chest was ******ed today.

anyone here used l-carnitine on a cut??
is suppose to turn fat into fuel, thinking about pulling the trigger on some
Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Give it a go & see how it works. Get it from a good brand tho like Optimum nutrition, Universal nutrition, NOW Foods (i think they it) etc...

Does anybody prefer using the smith machine for bench over the reg. bench press? Anybody notice anymore gains as oppose to just regular bench? Thanks BRAHS

Nahhh b. I hurt my shoulder trying to bench on a smith for a month.

Made great gains in 2 months going hard with the bench. Went from 165-275, I believe some of that is noob gains since I never really worked my chest hard cause I never had a friend consistently go with me. You dont develop stabilizer muscles with a smith machine. You'll definitely progress, just not as quick and "complete" as regular benching.

i'd rather not use the smith machine for benching. have not used the smith machine for anything in ages. that's my personal preference.

^What if you're lifting more on a smith machine? Say on a reg bench I can do 3 sets of 225 by myself, whereas on the smith I can do 275 3 sets. Wouldn't I be seeing more gains by working on the smith with heavier weight?

^What if you're lifting more on a smith machine? Say on a reg bench I can do 3 sets of 225 by myself, whereas on the smith I can do 275 3 sets. Wouldn't I be seeing more gains by working on the smith with heavier weight?

But you're not actually putting up 275 since the machine helps you? How do you expect to see MORE gains while doing less?

You arent using stabilizer muscles with a smith, nor are you using your core and entire body as much. I have to flex my body hard when I do bench, with a smith I dont as much, all that effort is pushing the weight up, whereas bench you need to keep it in line.

Its not about how much weight you push. Its about how you use the weight to better your muscles, regular bench will be far more complete and rewarding.

Plus, who says "I bench 275...oh but its on a smith."  
laugh.gif

ol planet fitness folk be doing that...

Thanks brah. I figured smith machine was a waste of time. I been replacing reg. bench with the smith machine these past couple of weeks, but will go back to reg. this week. Probably just use it as a supplemental exercise and not as a replacement.

^

What were your weaker points?

Killed chest and shoulders but man, I hit 275 for 2 decent reps last time, but 245 was as much as I could go today. 
mean.gif

My chest was ******ed today.

External Rotation.

Not exactly weaker points, but muscles I never isolated to be worked. Once I isolated those, and put in work, I started to feel the weight feel lighter in bench. Also helped me with stabilizing the weight.

You arent using stabilizer muscles with a smith, nor are you using your core and entire body as much. I have to flex my body hard when I do bench, with a smith I dont as much, all that effort is pushing the weight up, whereas bench you need to keep it in line.

Its not about how much weight you push. Its about how you use the weight to better your muscles, regular bench will be far more complete and rewarding.

Plus, who says "I bench 275...oh but its on a smith."  
laugh.gif

ol planet fitness folk be doing that...

That reminds me of a friend if mine that every year around nfl draft time (now), he sees guys 225 reps and is like "I can do more reps than him"

Nah bruh, you bench on the smith machine.

Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Give it a go & see how it works. Get it from a good brand tho like Optimum nutrition, Universal nutrition, NOW Foods (i think they it) etc...

pulled the trigger on the bb brand, they had a bad one get one free deal....hopefully it wont be a waste of money

made some protein pancakes for the first time today, came out pretty good :smokin

Last edited:
Gatorad3,

Do you really want to be 140? How tall are you?

yeah, i still got a lot of bodyfat to get rid off
only 5'6

if u look at guys weights like Manny or Mayweather @ 5'7 they're like 145-146 and got way more muscle than me lol

Last edited:
Okay so I am finally gaining weight. I weight 2 lbs more than I used to. But my waist is disappearing.

How is this..... what is....... I don't even........

Lucky do not waste your money on the Hamilton Beach one, it was awful. But GE has a 16 set one they sell at Walmart that's been goin strong for months.

yeah, i still got a lot of bodyfat to get rid off
only 5'6

if u look at guys weights like Manny or Mayweather @ 5'7 they're like 145-146 and got way more muscle than me lol

well, mayweather not so much but you should remember - those guys CUT down to that weight (only for the weigh in). so pacquiao and most WWs walk around in the mid 150s.

it seems like when I was running combined with working out I gained my more weight...which is my ultimate goal

Props to DaBottom for the playlist repped.

Came in real handy i was at the gym (chest day) when i got the PM. Was there for an hour about to leave but didn't do decline bench...hit the playlist...stayed an extra 30mins slightly renewed motivation :smokin

Back and Bi's today. Will try to get legs in tomorrow might have to wait til Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom