STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The park across the street from my gym was gutted and redone throughout this past year. It's finally reopen, and it's really nice. They even added a section of calisthenics bars :pimp: . Can't wait to do ab routines, pullups, etc over there when it's too nice to be in the gym.

Nahhh b. I hurt my shoulder trying to bench on a smith for a month.

Made great gains in 2 months going hard with the bench. Went from 165-275, I believe some of that is noob gains since I never really worked my chest hard cause I never had a friend consistently go with me. You dont develop stabilizer muscles with a smith machine. You'll definitely progress, just not as quick and "complete" as regular benching.
So you got your bench up by over 100lbs in only 2 months??

PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS 
laugh.gif

Todays workout : Done, and demolished :smokin

Shaved the beard yesterday too, was too damn hot! HAven't been this bare since senior year back in HS (2005). I get out of the car a few minutes ago getting home from the workout... it's cold and gloomy :stoneface:

IT WILL GROW BACK , is what I keep telling myself, lookin' super Messican rightnow :lol:

It's all trial and error.  You can calculate maintenance calories til you're blue in the face.  Even if your activity level is that of an athlete, some people simply have trouble burning calories.  That's the one thing I worry about when I hear people who dropped a lot of weight talking about bulking.  This fitness thing really is a never ending journey.  You have to constantly tweak everything to what works for you.

Definitely, I guess I should've said to not take the calculations at face value, but I did say to assess the progress, or lack thereof, every few weeks. This isn't necessarily a game of excel sheets or calculators, what works for one won't work for another, even with identical stats and measurements.

This journey, it's a tough one, but none tougher than living with sicknesses and diseases :smokin

True indeed. So many variables. This lifestyle has definitely changed me big time. Went out with my cousin and had a cheat meal (one of a few this weekend - lil one's bday, was bound to happen) and I had a few of his fries with my cutlet. Told him I don't remember the last time I had a single fry that wasn't a roasted sweet potato in the oven lol. That's the one bonus of this lifestyle, cheat very rarely and it feels like an actual treat and then you're back to business. Couldn't imagine eating like crap 24/7.
i'd rather not use the smith machine for benching. have not used the smith machine for anything in ages. that's my personal preference.

I concur. Sometimes I'll use it for shrugs and shoulder presses when I'm desperate for equipment tho.
Nahhh b. I hurt my shoulder trying to bench on a smith for a month.

Made great gains in 2 months going hard with the bench. Went from 165-275, I believe some of that is noob gains since I never really worked my chest hard cause I never had a friend consistently go with me. You dont develop stabilizer muscles with a smith machine. You'll definitely progress, just not as quick and "complete" as regular benching.

PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS :lol:
:lol:
Speaking of which, chest/tris today. Let's get it! Try and gey a few good sets with 315 since this is a low volume day.

whats a good leg routine i can do? i just wanna change it up since i been doing the same thing for a bit now

i squat, dumbell lunges, leg press, seated and standing calf raises

PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like I said, im sure most of that is noob gains. I could BARELY get 185 up for 3-4 reps when I first started 2 months ago. I progressed pretty quick, we just did about 6 sets (one warm up so 5 working). Typically 135-185-185-225-225-185. Now when im feeling good its 135-185-225-275-275-225, and sometimes even do 185 again so 7 sets. Seems excessive but it worked. Still had a lot in the tank for incline, dumbbell presses, and flys after.

275 is a wall right now though. We're trying to tinker our workouts to get us over that hump, but cutting season wont help that at all. As long as I get 225 up 8-10 good reps while im on that cut, ill be hapy.

Starting lacrosse but I'm trying to improve overall for athleticism in areas like lacrosse/football/track. I feel like football players are the best athletes so I'd like to be like them, but I also need endurance.

Ideally I need to put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle and reduce body fat later.
 I played D-1 soccer. Offseason we worked out/trained Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday and games on Saturdays or Sundays. Off Wednesdays. We did some form of lifting on Mon, Tues, and Thurs followed by training. Sometimes we wouldn't even get on the field. We would do track workouts and agility drills. I would say hit the weights hard on your lifting days, and do track workouts. For endurance, i would suggest 400m repeats. We would do a 400m run in under 1:20ish, rest one minute, then repeat. At minimum we did 10 laps. I someone didn't make the time, coach would add another lap.

Still remember like it was yesterday. We dreaded the days coach came into our locker room and say "only running shoes today boys" haha

Props to DaBottom for the playlist repped.

Came in real handy i was at the gym (chest day) when i got the PM. Was there for an hour about to leave but didn't do decline bench...hit the playlist...stayed an extra 30mins slightly renewed motivation :smokin

Back and Bi's today. Will try to get legs in tomorrow might have to wait til Wednesday.
You check NT mid-workout?

I don't really keep up with macros but I just did the math. 774 cals, 92g protein, 88g, carbs, 6g fat.
What would the macros be on normal pancakes? I'm guessing you could probably just have normal pancakes with a shake on the side and get similar macros...

Came in real handy i was at the gym (chest day) when i got the PM. Was there for an hour about to leave but didn't do decline bench...hit the playlist...stayed an extra 30mins slightly renewed motivation :smokin

Back and Bi's today. Will try to get legs in tomorrow might have to wait til Wednesday.

I don't really keep up with macros but I just did the math. 774 cals, 92g protein, 88g, carbs, 6g fat.
What would the macros be on normal pancakes? I'm guessing you could probably just have normal pancakes with a shake on the side and get similar macros...

laugh.gif

Like I said, im sure most of that is noob gains. I could BARELY get 185 up for 3-4 reps when I first started 2 months ago. I progressed pretty quick, we just did about 6 sets (one warm up so 5 working). Typically 135-185-185-225-225-185. Now when im feeling good its 135-185-225-275-275-225, and sometimes even do 185 again so 7 sets. Seems excessive but it worked. Still had a lot in the tank for incline, dumbbell presses, and flys after.

275 is a wall right now though. We're trying to tinker our workouts to get us over that hump, but cutting season wont help that at all. As long as I get 225 up 8-10 good reps while im on that cut, ill be hapy.
I hear you man, I usually do a pyramid that is like the first one you listed, except I throw 205 in there as well. Your lucky you have someone with you to lift with, all I have been able to use is DBs lately because i;m not asking a dude to spot me for that many sets 
eyes.gif

Kinda pumped for today because my creatine should come in the mail and protein is on the way later this week hopefully.

Last edited:

I get emails when i get a PM on NT and the new email system sends you the actual PM too (it used to just say like You have a PM) now it says you have a pm and shows you the pm so it was a soundcloud link. Just clicked it and it loaded right up on my phone which i use as my Mp3 player at the gym

Perfect timing

I get emails when i get a PM on NT and the new email system sends you the actual PM too (it used to just say like You have a PM) now it says you have a pm and shows you the pm so it was a soundcloud link. Just clicked it and it loaded right up on my phone which i use as my Mp3 player at the gym

Perfect timing

What playlist?

If you think ON chocolate of any variety is the best then you are crazy. theres a lot of brands out there with AMAZING chocolate especially in water. The best ive had was the original myofusion/intrapro. straight up chocolate milk
I never said it is the best, just saying out of everything I have tried, I haven't had anything better tasting than ON Extreme Milk Chocolate. Thanks for the MyoFusion suggestion, I'll try that next 
nthat.gif

Mike Kuz & The ISA - Ayoo
Brisco ft Flo Rida - Just Know That
Lady Gaga - Just Dance (dubstep remix)
Trick Daddy - Can't F_ With the South
MGK ft Lil Jon - Lace Up
Flo Rida - Good Feeling
Rihanna - We Found Love
2Chainz ft Drake - No Lie
Trick Daddy ft Twista & Lil Jon - Let's Go
Kanye West ft Pusha T - Don't Like remix
Future - Turn On The Lights
T.I. ft Alfa Mega & Busta Rhymes - Hurt

If you think ON chocolate of any variety is the best then you are crazy. theres a lot of brands out there with AMAZING chocolate especially in water. The best ive had was the original myofusion/intrapro. straight up chocolate milk

I never said it is the best, just saying out of everything I have tried, I haven't had anything better tasting than ON Extreme Milk Chocolate. Thanks for the MyoFusion suggestion, I'll try that next 
nthat.gif

they dont make the original myofusion anymore, the probiotic is terrible. Theyhave elite but i havent tried that but i think most if not all who tried the original can vouch it was pretty damn good.

Do yoga. 

I have been doing this 15 minute yoga routine I found on youtube every day for about a week, and it pretty much takes away the soreness that I would usually feel after playing basketball. It also increases my flexibility, which makes me play better/longer. I am so happy I incorporated it into my routine. 

^Care to post it?

I need an alternative just in case I can't make it to yoga class or don't feel like doing p90x.

Went from 18 to 15 in about 2 months.

Nice. I got one of these last week. Its putting me at around 11.5%. Wasn't sure if it was working right so I had some 'well fed' people try it out and the numbers seemed realistic lol. According to the reviews and instructions, gotta make sure you hold your arms straight out at a 90 degree angle from the body.

Anyone jump rope? I swear my feet are made of stones, I feel like rocky in part 3. Any tips?

Practice and patience. Try and make sure you stay on the balls of your feet and that your heels don't touch the ground. Play with the rope to make sure you end up with the right length. Don't wanna swing your arms around like double dutch lol. Starting out I practiced with no rope at all to try and get a rhythm going. Sure wasn't as easy as they make it look on 24/7.

No problemo.

Mike Kuz & The ISA - Ayoo
Brisco ft Flo Rida - Just Know That
Lady Gaga - Just Dance (dubstep remix)
Trick Daddy - Can't F_ With the South
MGK ft Lil Jon - Lace Up
Flo Rida - Good Feeling
Rihanna - We Found Love
2Chainz ft Drake - No Lie
Trick Daddy ft Twista & Lil Jon - Let's Go
Kanye West ft Pusha T - Don't Like remix
Future - Turn On The Lights
T.I. ft Alfa Mega & Busta Rhymes - Hurt

Went from 18 to 15 in about 2 months.

Nice. I got one of these last week. Its putting me at around 11.5%. Wasn't sure if it was working right so I had some 'well fed' people try it out and the numbers seemed realistic lol. According to the reviews and instructions, gotta make sure you hold your arms straight out at a 90 degree angle from the body

That's exactly how I did too. Had my homeboy use it and he was near 24% and he's closer to the fat side.

Back
Top Bottom