STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

on week 2 of my homemade 100's workout (I do 4 sets of 25 on all of my exercises... as heavy as I can manage) followed by cold showers for recovery (poor mans ice bath)... LOVING IT
glasses.gif

only hard part being on summer break is the temptation of snacks...
mean.gif
hmmm... i've been looking to turn it up a notch. i'm gonna try this.

i've been stuck on 30lb dumbbell shoulder presses for like 5-6 months, while my other parts are progressing fine. any advice on building strength with my shoulders?

Last edited:
i've been stuck on 30lb dumbbell shoulder presses for like 5-6 months, while my other parts are progressing fine. any advice on building strength with my shoulders?

i have the same trouble, i never focus on them. dont like it at all but ive been stuck as well :lol:

That Manny workout vid  yall recomended actually made me sore.

My 3rd and 4th abs got a deeper cut while the sides got a bit more definition.

Still having trouble with the 5th and 6th abs.

Ive been doing leg lifts but I still cant get them to pop.

The struggle.

Do you guys think taking creatine while on a cut will affect weight loss?
Water retention will give you a few lbs, but it's not bodyfat so I wouldn't worry about it. If you're trying to look as shredded as possible, cycle off creatine though.

So strength isn't a goal at all for you?

just trying to stay lean and in shape for the summer while I'm at home (I have adjustable dumb bells and a TRX to work with)... when my gym opens up again for work I will start going heavy again

it does feel nice to switch it up though[/quote]
Fair enough.

all this sugar in my coffee is killing me, making me crave sweets and more food.

had my diet been 100% my 6 pack would be killer right now. im still eat relativley good but dont think ive been eating at a deficet :smh: meh, i want summer to be over already so i can bulk.

havent even gone to the beach, michigan weather BLOWS!!!
Why are you putting sugar in your coffee then? If you've identified an issue, fix it.

I would do OHP with a barbell. You can microload to a slightly greater extent. I.e. bump up by 5 lbs total rather than 5 per dumbbell (assuming you don't have 32.5s at your gym)

Ween yourself off sugar in your coffee.

Start using half of what you normally use. Then after a week, use half of that amount. You will eventually get used to the taste and not care for sugar in it at all.

I've been on sugar less coffee for about 2 months now. It doesn't bother me anymore.

For DB Shoulder Presses, I do 5 sets if I'm doing strength/hypertrophy sets, or just 3 if I'm purely doing hypertrophy training.

For example, I'm building my way up, so I'm doing strength/hypertrophy:

40 lbs x 5-6 reps
40 lbs x 5-6 reps
40 lbs x 5-6reps
30 lbs x 8-10 reps
30 lbs x 8-10 reps

If I'm just doing hypertrophy, I do 3 sets at 30 lbs for 8-10 reps/set.

On another note, I love "carbing up" before I workout on Sundays. I feel like I have so much more energy compared to going on an empty stomach.

Back day today. Yesterday went to the gym 1 hr and 15 min before closing time which is usually dead. I couldnt get the squat rack to deadlift... i needed that. So i just did forearms and abs... smh.... hope i get it today. First time that ever happened. Was pissed.

I need to destroy my biceps tomorrow. Anything I can do that you guys recommend besides DB curls, BB curls and hammer curls? I've been hitting them for awhile for high reps with these 3 exercises and not seeing the results that I want. Tomorrow I'm only hitting them - any advice?

I need to destroy my biceps tomorrow. Anything I can do that you guys recommend besides DB curls, BB curls and hammer curls? I've been hitting them for awhile for high reps with these 3 exercises and not seeing the results that I want. Tomorrow I'm only hitting them - any advice?

Preacher curls, weighted supinated pull ups.

Last edited:

What results are you expecting to see

those are solid workout, if you are also doing your back you are hitting them enough. maybe your bi-ceps in general dont respond well or genetics?

thinking about getting a pre workout. Which one do yall recommend???  Damb i want a burger sooo badddddddddd...... i need to be active in this thread.. i miss so much.

Back
Top Bottom