STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Working out while on a caloric deficit/Keto sucks brahs
tired.gif
#DatWeakness

Hit back today. Switched up my technique on DB bent over rows a little. Sprawled my leg out to act as an anchor and pulled the DB closer to my armpit. Felt a lot more natural. Got the tip from Scott Herman.

Another thing you could do is tilt the seat up, make it a nicer rest for the "free" hand. Should help you get the weight closer to your pit too.

Hit back today. Switched up my technique on DB bent over rows a little. Sprawled my leg out to act as an anchor and pulled the DB closer to my armpit. Felt a lot more natural. Got the tip from Scott Herman.

I'm curious as to the other way you used to do it

Had a great work out earlier toady. Hit the arms, chest, abs and finished with some treadmill work. I stopped using a barbell and started doing dumbbell bench pressess a while ago. I feel like I get better form with those and my chest just feels better.

This old black dude doing it? Why cant you?

Motivation. No silly gimmicks, no head hats, no "club club", just good eating and working out hard.

Don't even care if he is using something, that's impressive as hell

No BS. Pure motivation to keep lifting. :pimp:

Last edited:
Had a great work out earlier toady. Hit the arms, chest, abs and finished with some treadmill work. I stopped using a barbell and started doing dumbbell bench pressess a while ago. I feel like I get better form with those and my chest just feels better.

This old black dude doing it? Why cant you?

Motivation. No silly gimmicks, no head hats, no "club club", just good eating and working out hard.
Don't even care if he is using something, that's impressive as hell
No BS. Pure motivation to keep lifting.
pimp.gif
why my mans gotta wear a leotard tho?
mean.gif

You guys do the whole insulin spike post work out? If so what you eating/drinking. I read an article saying that its better to drink your carbs post work out like gatorade or even using syrup to sweeten up your drink. My room mate swears by sunny D and sour patch kids post work out. I tried to tell him that there is better things out there but he wasn't hearing it.

I normally don't do the sugar's after workout...maybe i eat a banana or something. But anyone do it and see results? If so what was your sugar source

I drink down Dark matter asap after my workout (hella carbs and one of the best pro workouts supps imo) then chow down protein pancakes after workouts so i guess I get my insulinspike there.

Leaning against the dumbbell rack is another way.
I'm hip to that way. Dont like standing infront of the rack though..feels like I'm in the way.

I thought he meant another using the bench
Feels like it?

You ARE in the way if you post up right in front of the rack smh...

There was a DJ at my LAFitness last night blasting music. Couldn't listen to my own music and had dudes/chicks suped up in the gym for no reason...The gym is not a club people, stop dancing and mingling like it is.

Feels like it?

There was a DJ at my LAFitness last night blasting music. Couldn't listen to my own music and had dudes/chicks suped up in the gym for no reason...The gym is not a club people, stop dancing and mingling like it is.

DJ's in the Gym?

We are lucky to get Music in mine :x

Feels like it?

DJ's in the Gym?

We are lucky to get Music in mine
sick.gif
They show up every once in a while to do promotions I guess.

And each time the gym is super annoying.

I used to have my free leg (his left leg in the pic) against the bench so it was more perpendicular to the floor as opposed to sprawled out creating an angle with the floor. I would also pull the DB more towards my hip. It was really only a slight adjustment but made a big difference.

My gym has a very long dumbell rack .

When im doing one arm bent over rows I start off at 120lb then move up.

I stand in front of the rack, since no one really ventures to that side lol

Hit 160lb on Monday for 6 each arm.

Need to get straps because my grip is taking the L (even with chalk).

Last edited:
You guys do the whole insulin spike post work out? If so what you eating/drinking. I read an article saying that its better to drink your carbs post work out like gatorade or even using syrup to sweeten up your drink. My room mate swears by sunny D and sour patch kids post work out. I tried to tell him that there is better things out there but he wasn't hearing it.

I normally don't do the sugar's after workout...maybe i eat a banana or something. But anyone do it and see results? If so what was your sugar source

I use gatorade myself. I've read about it too, and I drink gatorade after I drink my post workout shake.

I have Gatorade powder I toss in the nalgene bottle and chug it down along with dat protein in my shaker , dat dere window :smokin

My gym has DJs on Thursdays I believe.

I don't got that late because that's when the squids show up.

Back
Top Bottom