STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Wow.... with powerlifting becoming more popular the talent pool is just ridiculous.

when 163lber are deadlifting in the 700s at raw nationals....
Taylor atwood also won his 6ths championship...

The human body is insane.

Don't let them fake natty fool you.

Don't let them fake natty fool you.

what makes you say that? these dudes are small as hell lol. i mean just look at the dude who broke the american deadlift record at 74kg. you dont believe a natural can have that strength even with top tier genetics, coaching, and training?

Does anyone do box squats? Started them this week and not sure how I feel about them yet. Not sure how it will transition to a regular back squat.

what makes you say that? these dudes are small as hell lol. i mean just look at the dude who broke the american deadlift record at 74kg. you dont believe a natural can have that strength even with top tier genetics, coaching, and training?

I wasn't talking about the smaller guys, my bad should have clarified, although it doesn't matter what your size is you could still be running gear. I believe there are many amazing things that can be done naturally when it comes to strength sports in general, but when someone is break or setting records that aren't even being done in untested feds then thats a pretty good indicator that somethings up, in my opinion at least. I just believe if you lift in the USAPL/IPF that you should be lifetime drug free, I don't know their exact rules but thats how I feel. You cant tell me someone like Norris has never taken something before and he's out here totaling 2k at under 200 pounds while being lean as hell at the same time.

Does anyone do box squats? Started them this week and not sure how I feel about them yet. Not sure how it will transition to a regular back squat.

Most people don't do them correctly, what are your goals? They aren't really needed if your just trying to look better.

Most people don't do them correctly, what are your goals? They aren't really needed if your just trying to look better.

Trying to get my 1RM max up.

Also, like mixing it up every couple of months to just try something different. Watched Westside Barbell and it motivated me to try this out. :lol:

I am quad dominant when it comes to squatting so it was suggested that I try boxsquats.

It has been a game changer. I have more flexibility in my hips. My quads and hamstrings are less tight.

I wish I started doing them years ago.

40A42736-F6D5-4CA2-B69E-967C151F953D.jpeg

Apple knocked these off $50. Boutta train with them tonigjt

I only wear Studio 2's (backups are 3's) into battle the gym. Whenever (if) the pads break down, I replace the cuffs.

Can your foam pads be replaced?

I also rock these to protect the headbands.
61Y0LcztSpL._AC_SX679_.jpg
i have the 3's and they hurt my ears after a while.

I don’t think they can be replaced. They are super old beats. It’s not really that big of a deal, I’m sure they’ll crap out soon.

I bought some cheap wireless Bluetooth joints off Amazon for like $20 several months ago. Been doing the thing. Helps with cardio, don't really bump music when I lift

Back
Top Bottom