STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hows my NY folks holding up? It seems gyms wont be opening here no time soon.
Luckily I had 200lbs set of adjustable dbs, a crappy bench, and a whole bunch of resistance bands. Been getting great workouts with just that, but man I miss the gym

For you guys that took time off from the gym. How long did it take for your strength to return? This is my first week back and everything felt heavy.

Historically after 3+ month lay off it usually takes me 3-4 weeks to get 90% of my strength back. That last 10% is a different story though.

At around 90%, things slow down and I basically start progressing at the same rate I was progressing at before the pause in training.

Edit: Checked the actual numbers and it's more like 97% for me on bench press.

Historically after 3+ month lay off it usually takes me 3-4 weeks to get 90% of my strength back. That last 10% is a different story though.

At around 90%, things slow down and I basically start progressing at the same rate I was progressing at before the pause in training.

Edit: Checked the actual numbers and it's more like 97% for me on bench press.
Thanks for your response. I figured it would take some time to get all my strength back

Dfrd691XkAA1UXa.jpg

Dumb question but any tips/tricks for the Fitbit Versa 2? Got it this week & finally set it up. Definitely looking to maximize its potential.

For you guys that took time off from the gym. How long did it take for your strength to return? This is my first week back and everything felt heavy.
That what I love about lifting weights.

Quarantine has got me stressed out seeing as I haven't touched a weight in over 3 months now and feel like ****, but this isn't the first time I haven't lifted for a while.

Muscle memory is a very real thing. That first week of being mad sore shall be glorious and anywhere from 2-4 weeks ill be back for the most part strength-wise and by 6 weeks ill have most of my size back.

Hell, most people say I look the same and some even have said I've grown lmao.

Last edited:
One thing I love about pulling sumo now is how it doesn’t tax your body as much compared to conventional.

pulling conventional would drain my soul and I would take 5+ minutes to rest for the next set.

One thing I love about pulling sumo now is how it doesn’t tax your body as much compared to conventional.

pulling conventional would drain my soul and I would take 5+ minutes to rest for the next set.
im still sort of relearning conventional since thats what i was doing when i herniated my disk. havent done more than 225 conventional since then. that was 3 years ago. but sumo i still go for broke.

Last edited:
I’m not a sumo guy. It’s a totally different lift and I suck at it. :lol:

I feel like it taxes me harder. Kills my legs more for sure and the pulls move so much slower than conventional once it gets heavy to me.

Never particularly got too big into Sumo. Sumo explosion seemed to come out of no where with Candito.

besides the usual Olympic bar, y’all using or incorporating any other speciality bars (duffalo, Swiss, etc)?

Never particularly got too big into Sumo. Sumo explosion seemed to come out of no where with Candito.

besides the usual Olympic bar, y’all using or incorporating any other speciality bars (duffalo, Swiss, etc)?

I want a dl bar just to mix it up, a Chan bar would be nice too, probably my favorite all around bar.

Man I been saying that soon, a 405 squat is going to be the new 315. 315 bench is going to be the new 225, and a 495 deadlift will be the new 405.

as strength sport gets more popular, humans are only going to raise the bar higher

Last edited:
It really is. I wanna see strongman blow up more too with these young heads competing in both.

crazy people used to think you had to be thicc to be strong af. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom