STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

GymSharks... SquatWolves...

The product looks nice (as does some of GymShark's offerings), but I just can't see myself wearing anything from either of those brands since most of the people that wear that kinda **** (at least at my gym) are the annoying 16 year olds flexing in front of me in the mirror while I'm trying to DB OHP and dudes who wear gloves, stringers, and joggers - both of whom weigh 140 soaking wet and take themselves wayyy too seriously...

I wish stuff like Ten Thousand (5" inseam, liner, and mesh waistband) weren't $50+/pair... Can't justify that pricepoint, even though I'm in the gym 5+ days a week.

Upvote for the 5 inch Baggies though. Have 5+ pairs and wear them 24/7 when I'm out and about being in the South, just wish they had some stretch and a more comfy liner.

I ordered some shorts. Will let y'all know how they are.

Lmao. I've never taken preworkout besides regular coffee.

Yall don't really shoot unmixed powder straight down the gullet do you. :lol:
i swore it off for years saying thats nasty blah blah.
one day i just saild ill try straight powder with a gulp of water chaser.
the way that Pwo hit.....It was different had to keep doing it after

Last edited:
Finally been back in the gym for about a week straight. It’s on base and they have a few restrictions but it feels good to be back in there. I’m a bit paranoid so I’ve been wearing gloves...I hate it :lol:

my experience first day back at a gym. Theres about 20 people here at 7 am. so not bad. the older crowd are wearing maskwhike working out anyone under 50 isnt. everything is spaced out. everyone is cleaning before and after being on a machine. the staff is coming around about every 15 mins to clean machines they see people using on top of cleanining the cleaning stations and making sure hand sanitizer is full, and cleaning spray gets topped off and wiped down.

the only thing that worries me a bit are the dumbells thats the only thing people arent really wiping before and after use,but most just doing it after. gym etiquette is top notch here.

it was a bit of an uneasy feeling at first but i was never less than 10ftaway from the next person

no squat rack or bench press set up in PF Kinda sucks. but felt good to have any type of pulley system & dumbellls and not have to use bands. arms havent been this cooked since rona started

9673B2D4-CC28-4DD9-9AAA-6CE329A60023.png

looks like he’s pushing his feet outwards to get more quad activation almost like a sumo deadlift... might have try that...

squat university was good and bad for me imo.

They have like 10+ cues for a squat and it used to make me overthink the squat in general and I kept thinking j wasn’t squatting right. This was way before I got into powerlifting.

I feel like they sometime over analyze the squat with information that really doesnt need to be explained.

to be fair not every cue is for everyone. he’s just throwing out cues that help different people in different situations...and to create content of course. he’s gotta keep posting to keep the money flowing :lol:

find the cue that works for the situations your trying to address and go from there. having too much info can definitely be overwhelming and cause you to overthink. especially if you over analyze things already (i definitely do this).

:lol:

with oly lifting it’s all about breaking down the lift into the 3 pulls and working on them separately. once you get one down you add a step. typically working from the hip down to pulling from the floor last. even then there’s a lot going on and it’s so easy to get overwhelmed and lost. i remember getting cues and thinking “i’m trying but my body’s not responding” :lol:

my experience first day back at a gym. Theres about 20 people here at 7 am. so not bad. the older crowd are wearing maskwhike working out anyone under 50 isnt. everything is spaced out. everyone is cleaning before and after being on a machine. the staff is coming around about every 15 mins to clean machines they see people using on top of cleanining the cleaning stations and making sure hand sanitizer is full, and cleaning spray gets topped off and wiped down.

the only thing that worries me a bit are the dumbells thats the only thing people arent really wiping before and after use,but most just doing it after. gym etiquette is top notch here.

it was a bit of an uneasy feeling at first but i was never less than 10ftaway from the next person

no squat rack or bench press set up in PF Kinda sucks. but felt good to have any type of pulley system & dumbellls and not have to use bands. arms havent been this cooked since rona started

Apparently some PF have squat racks and benches.
leon.png

Not very common, just depends on the franchise.

Bought a new 12 week program last night to run starting next week, if anyone wants it just leave your email. No cost for my dawgs :nthat:

I'm game. I'll need something once my body is broken after S.E.

Back Squat
1x1 @ 225, 240, 255, 255, 275, 315, 315, 330, 345, 365, 390, 435

OHP
1x1 @ 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165
2x2 @ 150
Then mixed in push press for the first time ever: only ended up with 185 for 1
1597334058078.png

Pendlay Row
1x165, 180, 195, 210, 225, 240

Weighted Pull-ups
+25 x 11
+35 x 5