STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

little quarantine update pic.
still got too much to work on before i start a clean bulk in october. and i turn 35 :frown: 20200905_105649.jpg

Lower back went on strike; it said nah, we not squatting everyday and doing Dr. Squat deadlifts too.
1599317353036.png
1599317387861.png

Will have to go back to pulling singles @ 70%+ but try to do so 3 days a week.
1599317369078.png

Also going to have to eat more.

just the whole nonsense that Louie Simmons spits talking about how his training method is the best (it’s not) and how west side supposedly has the greatest and strongest powerlifters yet no one hasn’t heard of any of these guys. Not to mention they’re all drugged up and compete in federations that no one takes seriously along with their half rep squats.

like yuri Belkin said, you’re not a real world champion until you win it in the IPF. Same thing goes for world records.

Went to the gym for the first time today and wearing a mask wasn’t the worst thing but are there any lighter gym mask options out there you guys are using?

Went to the gym for the first time today and wearing a mask wasn’t the worst thing but are there any lighter gym mask options out there you guys are using?

https://buffusa.com/buff-products/multifunctional-headwear/coolnet-uv-plus/black/119328.999

UPF 50+ and is pretty breathable. Usually wear it during my runs as well as in the gym and I’m able to keep it on the entire time. Though I suspect the viral protection is bad, it’s better than wearing nothing IMO

https://buffusa.com/buff-products/multifunctional-headwear/coolnet-uv-plus/black/119328.999

UPF 50+ and is pretty breathable. Usually wear it during my runs as well as in the gym and I’m able to keep it on the entire time. Though I suspect the viral protection is bad, it’s better than wearing nothing IMO

Viral protection is virtually nonexistent. Better off wearing a bandana at that point. (As a rule of thumb, the easier it is to breathe through the less protection your getting.)

Viral protection is virtually nonexistent. Better off wearing a bandana at that point. (As a rule of thumb, the easier it is to breathe through the less protection your getting.)

Yeah, figured that was the case. It turns out 25% capacity at my gym is 125 people and between the two days of the weekend, it doesn’t seem like there was ever anymore than 20 people in there, including staff which was great.

Luckily, everyone seems to be practicing good habits. Has there even been any contact tracing that’s led back to a gym yet? I’d figured the media would’ve jumped on something like that by now if it’d had happened yet.

Yeah, figured that was the case. It turns out 25% capacity at my gym is 125 people and between the two days of the weekend, it doesn’t seem like there was ever anymore than 20 people in there, including staff which was great.

Luckily, everyone seems to be practicing good habits. Has there even been any contact tracing that’s led back to a gym yet? I’d figured the media would’ve jumped on something like that by now if it’d had happened yet.

Besides that one PF, not that I know of.

My office does contact tracing and it's by no means investigative in nature. (When my peons do it they focus on when and who you came into contact with, not necessarily where you were.) Perhaps county health departments do it differently.

I still think there are other bugs I'd be more worried about getting at the gym than rona, but that's just me.

Besides that one PF, not that I know of.

My office does contact tracing and it's by no means investigative in nature. (When my peons do it they focus on when and who you came into contact with, not necessarily where you were.) Perhaps county health departments do it differently.

I still think there are other bugs I'd be more worried about getting at the gym than rona, but that's just me.
Staph x MRSA for sure..

I had MRSA. I didn’t really understand why it was a big deal because they kept testing me for it but nothing ever happened to me from it. I didn’t get sick or anything.

I went to the gym for the first time in nearly 6 months yesterday.

I wear full fingered gloves, long sleeves and a K-N95 mask.

Breathing through that thing felt like I was breathing into a ballon lmao. At least I know it’s working tho.

Man I used to bench 275 x 8 for cookies.

Would even finish with a power set of 315 for 2-4 reps.

Yesterday I did 4 sets of 135...

Arms were shaking like Shakira in her prime.

:frown: :rofl: 6 months is a long *** time b.

didnt the cdc say no valve mask because if you are sick youre letting the germs out but not in

Basically this, and the fact that the masks are almost certainly not going to be cleaned properly. (It specifically bushed single valve respirators.)

Moreover, that mask was very uncomfortable to move around, much less work out in. We all know my conditioning isn't the best but still.

As with all things in this thread, your results may vary. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom