Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by Shaky3

I started bulking up last week, and I'm not sure if I'm eating correctly

I weigh 134 and I try to consume between 2500-3000 calories a day, and I eat healthy things such as eggs, chicken, fish... BUT I also eat things that aren't too healthy like the Subway Melt or a Chipotle burrito just so that I can get my calories in. Is that ok?

Bulking up ftw. I use to consume 1700 calories a day while working out for a month, and I barely saw results. I've been bulking for the last 9 days and I already see some legit results

As for motivation http://niketalk.com/topic/190618/t/Official-Megan-Fox-Picture-Thread.html
pimp.gif
Bulking up is easier if you lift heavy weights. Would you rather train for hypertrophy or strength. Both add bulk though.

Originally Posted by NiPxD

I'll post what i do and maybe you guys can gimme some pointers here and there

After a 2 year relationship that got me all fat and lazy, the sorrow took over me and i let myself go even worse for 6 months
embarassed.gif

I was 180 lbs at 5'7. Complete obesity if you ask me. With a gut and flabby chest. Yuck!

So i started lifting and tryna get in shape around January. At first i was dilly dallying at the gym with my buddies but the past 4 months i have made some serious adjustments.

Monday - lift for an hour (bicep/tricep, shoulder, chest, abs), swim for 30 minutes afterwards (and i mean swim as in doing laps, not just hanging around in the pool)
Tuesday - swim for an hour
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - lift for an hour (back, legs, abs), swim for 30 minutes afterwards
Friday- swim for an hour
Saturday - lift for an hour (bicep/tricep, shoulder, chest, abs), swim for 30 minutes afterwards
Sunday - Rest

My diet primarily consists of

Oatmeal, flaxseed, milk, juice, eggs, turkey/chicken breasts, fish, lots of fruits (avocado, strawberries, bluberries, blackberries, bananas), veggies (romaine, iceberg, spinach). LOTS of water too.

I dont do soda and try to stay away from sweets and fried foods

Right now im at 155 lbs. Im gonna go swim now. Check back in a few.

BTW i HATE running but ABSOLUTELY LOVE swimming. Ppl told me to alternate between the 2. Can i completely rely my cardio on swimming?
He does....

040820_michaelPhelps_vmed_3p.widec.jpg

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Shaky3

I started bulking up last week, and I'm not sure if I'm eating correctly

I weigh 134 and I try to consume between 2500-3000 calories a day, and I eat healthy things such as eggs, chicken, fish... BUT I also eat things that aren't too healthy like the Subway Melt or a Chipotle burrito just so that I can get my calories in. Is that ok?

Bulking up ftw. I use to consume 1700 calories a day while working out for a month, and I barely saw results. I've been bulking for the last 9 days and I already see some legit results

As for motivation http://niketalk.com/topic/190618/t/Official-Megan-Fox-Picture-Thread.html
pimp.gif
Bulking up is easier if you lift heavy weights. Would you rather train for hypertrophy or strength. Both add bulk though.
caloric surplus + lifting heavy *## weights + wolf shirt = bodybuilder status

gains wont come overnight, just keep at it.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

lilpro4u wrote:

I can't lose weight for shht!!!!

I'm 5'9 at roughly 230lbs right now.. I want to be at 215lbs by Sept 1st..

Help me folks!!

I don't eat red meat much maybe once every 2 weeks if that. I don't drink pop/soda.. I hit the gym quite often 4-5 times a week. I love vegetables, chicken, fish, and fruit..

WT.F im I doing wrong. I know it's not good to starve your self, but at least then I'd get damn near immediate results. I take in probably 100g of protein a day if not more.

What are my options; cut meat out completely?
500-1000 calorie diet?
straight hour of cardio a day, no weights?

you would actually gain weight if you starved yourself. Starving yourself slows your metabolism, which in return causes weight gain b/c u arent burning calories.

Dont cut meat, continue to eat chicken n fish it lean plus the fish contains Omega 6(Lurkin, check my resources). But you need to lift to compliment your cardio. just doing cardio alone you wont see results that much, especially if you want to drop 15 lbs by Sept1.

What is your cardio consisting of??

Elipitical 30mins 4+ miles 4-5X a week, Hooping 2.5 hrs on Sundays.. I want to start swimming 3x a week possibly I really have no reason not to.

Can some of you dudes answer this at what point should you use the Sauna or Steam room, and for what benefits?

man guys... i gotta ask, what should i do?

i'm 6'3" and about 160. yeah i know I'm skinny. but I'm not really all that bad I suppose. i never get a
sick.gif
, more like a
ohwell.gif

I don't have money to spend on a gym membership, but I can try to get protein supplements.

I eat regularly, healthy stuff. i take multivitamins every day and drink plenty of water.

So what exercises & possible protein stuff would you guys suggest? I'm not tryin to get super swole, but I'd like to be around 175 or 180.

I know it'll take a while, so i need a daily regimen of activities to do... I got all the willpower & determination. I just gotta know what to do.

any suggestions for me?

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by Black Entourage inc

I don't have money to spend on a gym membership

get some money would be my suggestion.

yeah, i figured you guys would say that... well, since i'll be living closer to school next year I'll use one of the gyms there.

cheaper rent + convenience = gym membership x time = BROLIC.
laugh.gif

BTW i HATE running but ABSOLUTELY LOVE swimming. Ppl told me to alternate between the 2. Can i completely rely my cardio on swimming?

I was wondering something similar because I read you should switch it up so as to "shock" your body.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

lilpro4u wrote:

I can't lose weight for shht!!!!

I'm 5'9 at roughly 230lbs right now.. I want to be at 215lbs by Sept 1st..

Help me folks!!

I don't eat red meat much maybe once every 2 weeks if that. I don't drink pop/soda.. I hit the gym quite often 4-5 times a week. I love vegetables, chicken, fish, and fruit..

WT.F im I doing wrong. I know it's not good to starve your self, but at least then I'd get damn near immediate results. I take in probably 100g of protein a day if not more.

What are my options; cut meat out completely?
500-1000 calorie diet?
straight hour of cardio a day, no weights?

you would actually gain weight if you starved yourself. Starving yourself slows your metabolism, which in return causes weight gain b/c u arent burning calories.

Dont cut meat, continue to eat chicken n fish it lean plus the fish contains Omega 6(Lurkin, check my resources). But you need to lift to compliment your cardio. just doing cardio alone you wont see results that much, especially if you want to drop 15 lbs by Sept1.

What is your cardio consisting of??

Elipitical 30mins 4+ miles 4-5X a week, Hooping 2.5 hrs on Sundays.. I want to start swimming 3x a week possibly I really have no reason not to.

Can some of you dudes answer this at what point should you use the Sauna or Steam room, and for what benefits?

good cardio. i suggest you start to add lifting to the mix if you want to see results

Steam Room is in its highly beneficial effect on the skin. The moist heat stimulates the subcutaneous blood flow and cleanses the skin intensively, opening thepores, removing dead skin and impurities and leaving the skin feeling soft, clean and smooth

Sauna helps lose weight after working out I beleive

man i know so many dudes who take steroids now.....san diego is so close to the border
laugh.gif

i don't know how to feel abotu it. i think they should be legal, but i don't think i'd ever take them. i'm about health first size second. yeah i know you can cycle correctly, pct, etc. but even then i don't know....

Steroid laws are a joke but at the same time id rather them illegal. Thats help keeps it out of the hands of kids and ppl that dont know what they're doin.Plus if u really really want to find some, chances are ull be able to obtain.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

I just started getting back into working seriously this year. I need to be more consistent with lifting weights though. I just joined a boxing gym and have been doing Jiu Jitsu since November. Really into MMA/UFC. I started 260 now I'm around 240. The hardest part is going but once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop don't get derailed and just stay on a routine.

I feel ya man, I'm still getting rag dolled by 150s and 60s in BJJ
frown.gif
and i'm a lean 190lbs
laugh.gif

Haha bro I'm 240 I get sweeped and tapped all over the place haha. Half Guard FTW tho

Rest is a major part of gains. The sauna makes you lose weight in an unhealthy way. You're just dehydrating yourself by losing fluids.

Rest is a major part of gains. The sauna makes you lose weight in an unhealthy way. You're just dehydrating yourself by losing fluids.

As long as you use the sauna right there's nothing wrong with it. You'll lose tons of water weight but you're supposed to be drinkingupwards of over a gallon anyways. This circulation of water through your system flushes everything out and makes your body retain LESS water, giving you anoverall leaner look. Make sure you take your vitamins though.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

man i know so many dudes who take steroids now.....san diego is so close to the border
laugh.gif

i don't know how to feel abotu it. i think they should be legal, but i don't think i'd ever take them. i'm about health first size second. yeah i know you can cycle correctly, pct, etc. but even then i don't know....

Steroid laws are a joke but at the same time id rather them illegal. Thats help keeps it out of the hands of kids and ppl that dont know what they're doin. Plus if u really really want to find some, chances are ull be able to obtain.

diff discussion for a diff thread but i dont believe drug laws do much aside from wasting our tax dollars....im all for legalization and distribution of realinfo instead of scare tactics....

until then i guess business will be booming for these guys

6692d1224889851-how-many-fellows-shop-mexico-socorro-farmacia.jpg

lilpro4u - how many cals do you take in a day? What's your BMR? That should be your starting point.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

As long as you use the sauna right there's nothing wrong with it. You'll lose tons of water weight but you're supposed to be drinking upwards of over a gallon anyways. This circulation of water through your system flushes everything out and makes your body retain LESS water, giving you an overall leaner look. Make sure you take your vitamins though.

But wouldn't taking a hot shower, then switching to cold water a couple of times achieve the same thing? Working the lymphatic system?

Originally Posted by wj4

lilpro4u - how many cals do you take in a day? What's your BMR? That should be your starting point.
Just checked.. You have a BMR of 2218.8

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by NiPxD

I'll post what i do and maybe you guys can gimme some pointers here and there

After a 2 year relationship that got me all fat and lazy, the sorrow took over me and i let myself go even worse for 6 months
embarassed.gif

I was 180 lbs at 5'7. Complete obesity if you ask me. With a gut and flabby chest. Yuck!

So i started lifting and tryna get in shape around January. At first i was dilly dallying at the gym with my buddies but the past 4 months i have made some serious adjustments.

Monday - lift for an hour (bicep/tricep, shoulder, chest, abs), swim for 30 minutes afterwards (and i mean swim as in doing laps, not just hanging around in the pool)
Tuesday - swim for an hour
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - lift for an hour (back, legs, abs), swim for 30 minutes afterwards
Friday- swim for an hour
Saturday - lift for an hour (bicep/tricep, shoulder, chest, abs), swim for 30 minutes afterwards
Sunday - Rest

My diet primarily consists of

Oatmeal, flaxseed, milk, juice, eggs, turkey/chicken breasts, fish, lots of fruits (avocado, strawberries, bluberries, blackberries, bananas), veggies (romaine, iceberg, spinach). LOTS of water too.

I dont do soda and try to stay away from sweets and fried foods

Right now im at 155 lbs. Im gonna go swim now. Check back in a few.

He does....

040820_michaelPhelps_vmed_3p.widec.jpg

haha Michael Phelps is a different beast, if you swim as much as he does great, if not running will be far better for rapid weight loss, because of the coldwater the body actually has to fight to maintain regular body temprature, basically swimming burns more carbohydrates than true body fat, but swimming will getyou a different type of muscle build than running so they both have their pros and cons

http://forums.deeperblue.com/general-freediving/25976-swimming-makes-you-fat.html

here is one forum site that talks about the swimming coating your muscles with small layers of fat, I used to work out with a trainer with a BA in physicaltherapy and kinesology and he first told me about it, if you read it only 5% of swimmers maintain a fast enough pace to actually get an equivalant caloric burnto a jog.

I am not really preaching one way or another but just interesting stuff to read about

Just found out about this. I'm about to join on Monday. Gym by me is open 24-7 beats paying golds gym $45 a month.

Planet Fitness 1 year gym contract $99 July 13-22 Check planetfitness.com to see if your planet fitness is participating (though going through a bunch it seems like most/all of the are)

The ad also states july 13-22 but I'm able to fill the membership form online.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by wj4

Just checked.. You have a BMR of 2218.8
Still didn't answer the first question of how many cals you take in a day. If you don't know..find out.

for those of you that are wondering what lifts to do in order to gain weight and get a good exercise stick with compound movements and stay away from machines.
Bench Press, Squat, DeadLift, Military Press etc...Talk to guys at the gym that look like they know what they are doing and have them help you out with yourform and ask questions.

or look up Mark Rippetoe starting strength...great routine

yo someone hit me up with songs for the gym, my playlist is so lame it's not even funny.....none of my music on my ipod is hype at all so i threw somejeezy and $%%# on there but it's only like 5 songs so it gets olddddd

edit: i actually have stankonia on my ipod but songs like b.o.b. with super fast drums for some reason throw me off...i like slower tracks like 24 23, standingin the kitchen, anyone talking %%@# over a hype beat gets me ready to lift basically. also dead prez- hip hop (diplo remix) is dope for lifting imo

This thread is great
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, bought some creatine and protein this afternoon, forget the name though and I'm too lazy to walk downstairs.
As far as playlists go, I usually get hyped off songs that put me on edge, moreso then "hype songs"
But try Bombs over Baghdad by Outkast, that is the only really up-tempo song I listen to while working out
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

This thread is great
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, bought some creatine and protein this afternoon, forget the name though and I'm too lazy to walk downstairs.
As far as playlists go, I usually get hyped off songs that put me on edge, moreso then "hype songs"
But try Bombs over Baghdad by Outkast, that is the only really up-tempo song I listen to while working out
ohwell.gif

I was just about to ask you what you got until I saw the rest of the sentence
laugh.gif

But BOB gets me pumped too, the Diplo remix is just as good

yo someone hit me up with songs for the gym, my playlist is so lame it's not even funny.....none of my music on my ipod is hype at all so i threw some jeezy and $%%# on there but it's only like 5 songs so it gets olddddd

edit: i actually have stankonia on my ipod but songs like b.o.b. with super fast drums for some reason throw me off...i like slower tracks like 24 23, standing in the kitchen, anyone talking %%@# over a hype beat gets me ready to lift basically. also dead prez- hip hop (diplo remix) is dope for lifting imo
it's my life - bon jovi
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom