Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

whole wheat can be ground flour, it just needs to be unbleached and untreated. whole-grain contains whole grains along with whole wheat. whole grain isapparently better since you're getting the raw grains themselves that way. the BEST bread i've had though is authentic ciabatta, it's made withuntreated unbleached whole wheat flour, water, salt, yeast and malt; and it tastes amazing.

carbs are tricky, the best thing to do is learn about glycemic index and how it works. basically, good carbs are ones that don't boost your insulin levels.high insulin levels force your body into a fat storage and fat conversion mode, so all the high GI carbs just get converted into fat. carbs are crucial becausethey keep you feeling full, and the good ones (greens, beans,apples etc. just look it up) don't spike your insulin. they're basically the most usefulthing when it comes to cutting fat.

as for belly fat, i've just been relying on strength training to keep a really high metabolism and keep my body burning calories all throughout the day. irarely walk or run, because the larger red muscle you exercise doesn't end up burning as many calories as your strength muscles. it has been working verywell, and going much better than when i ran. i ran 5k a day for over a month and saw minimal results. the strength training seems to be the way to go.

i lost 80% of my belly fat doing pushups to get my metabolism going and my muscles burning calories.

wj4- great that you're still getting exercise in though, it's going to help out a lot. the body needs a metabolism spike once in a while anyway,don't want it getting too efficient. enjoy it.

eeB,

thanks dude... I just read up on the GI index and from what I gather anything 55 and below is low GI. What do you do in terms of your diet regarding carbs,i.e. portions?
do you have a specific number of carbs you will consume a day? and would you add those foods that aren't carb-natured? (eg. apple vs potato) - would theapple be a fruit not a carb portion?

Im trying to cut body fat but maintain weight if that helps.

wj4- great that you're still getting exercise in though, it's going to help out a lot. the body needs a metabolism spike once in a while anyway, don't want it getting too efficient. enjoy it.
That was the first thing I did after we unpacked at the hotel.
laugh.gif
I went to the gym down the street and signed up for 15 days. Apparentlyit's pretty big in Europe, the gym is called Fitness First. I go for 2 hours everyday at 6AM, except for Sunday...pretty much the same routine as backhome. I also had the chance to run along a beach shore at sun rise...man that was one of the best running sessions I've ever had.

It's just hard because I can't cook for myself and all I have in the hotel are snacks. My family members over here eat like crazy and they'restill skinny. I mean full 3 course meals...every meal! I still choose carefully to an extend, not eating cakes drenched in chocolate, but still eating morethan I would back at home. I'm leaving on Thursday so I would be back on the same routine soon enough.

Is this OD for my first session?

In order:

Incline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Flat bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Decline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Can I bench again tomorrow or should I wait till thurs and work something else tomorrow?

I only plan to work out mon-fri in the mornings.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Is this OD for my first session?

In order:

Incline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Flat bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Decline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Can I bench again tomorrow or should I wait till thurs and work something else tomorrow?

Try this

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Monday:[/color]
Flat Bench
Warm-up - Bar
1x10 - %50 of 1Rep Max
1x10 - %60 of 1Rep Max
1x8 - %75 do 4 sets of this, increasing the weights in 5lb increments

Decline Bench
3 sets of 10....no warm up needed, jump right into it

Thursday:
Incline Bench
Warm-up - Bar
1x10 - %50 of 1Rep Max of regular bench
1x10 - %60 of 1Rep Max "
1x8 - %75 do 4 sets of this, increasing the weights in 5lb increments

CloseGrip Bench
3 sets of 10....no warm up needed, jump right into it

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

i was told its not really a good idea to primarily work the same muscles everyday

^ I have not done decline bench in ages...I think more than anything it works out your tris and maybe shoulders a bit more because of a greater need to balanceit as opposed to flat or incline. I definitely felt it in my lower pecs though...but I just stick to flat now.

I think decline is just as essential as any other bench exercise. You get an overall pectoral look when you corporate all those joints together. At least doflies if your not into decline.

decline, incline, and flat is needed dont let anyone tell you otherwise. whether it is bench or cables you have to do a form of each..

I know the experts are going to disagree but this is what I've been doing and I've gotten ripped back to my football shape in a week and a half

1000 Pushups/500 Ab Reps

Wake up
Stretch/Warmup
25 Perfect Pushups or regular
25 Elevated Pushups
25 Knee Pushups (The ones Girls do it works your upper pecs)
25 Diamond pushups
10 Salute Pushups (Do 5 speed pushups and then salute with right hand while in pushup stance/ 5 more in salute with left hand so its really 50)
50 Speed Pushups

Ab Ripper X (P90 X search it on youtube)

Eat Breakfast

2 hours later

Stretch/Warmup
Pushup Routine (might switch it up a lil)

Snack/Protein Shake

2 Hours Later

Stretch/Warmup
25 Perfect Pushups or regular
25 Elevated Pushups
25 Knee Pushups (The ones Girls do it works your upper pecs)
25 Diamond pushups
10 Salute Pushups (Do 5 speed pushups and then salute with right hand while in pushup stance/ 5 more in salute with left hand so its really 50)
50 Speed Pushups

Lunch

About 5 or 6p.m. Pushup Routine & Ab Ripper X

Snack/Protein Shake

8 or 9
Pushup Routine

Dinner

11 p.m.
Hit Gym (Cardio and free weights)
Casein Protein Shake/Sleep

\

Alright, this is the first picture I've taken since working out of my back. I've made quite a bit of progress but I've still got a ways to go.

This is me at week 8 (this week) since I've officially declared to myself I would commit to attaining the physique I want.

6376_116982450403_520070403_2788414_4093207_n.jpg

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

I think decline is just as essential as any other bench exercise. You get an overall pectoral look when you corporate all those joints together. At least do flies if your not into decline.
i do flies but i cant imagine them being a substitute for decline bench.

This week I'm basically going from eating 2800 calories to eating 1800/1900, because I'm done bulking. (I weigh 139 btw) What are some efficient waysfor me to get stronger and lose fat, because I'm scared of getting weaker.

Also, is it possible for me to lose a good amount fat and gain muscle in the next 18 days? I have a medium size gut, and I'm going to do cardio 5 or sixdays a week and lift 3 times a week. I just want a realistic answer because maybe I'm

expecting too much.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

this thread died out hella quick

used to be gettin like a few pages a day
Too busy working out...

What shoulder exercises do you do? I noticed that you have really big Teres muscles... I have a badteres minor/major and I need some new exercises other than the physio ones to do....these don't do @#+! for strength

Some people didnt take it serious, They were going through the "bandwagon motive" Others probably are busy due to college/high school starting backagain.

Me on the other hand has a restriction being that I had food poisoning/E-Coli Infection my doc told me not strain or do any heavy lifting for 4 weeks plus myanitibiotics make me dizzy and drowsy, so my last week will be next week
pimp.gif
and i can go back to the gym

I havent gained weight
pimp.gif
but Im losing the progess I made since I cantreally do anything but cardio, lost 15 pounds (209-194) but I cant take this not going to the gym, especially when World Gym took out my dues forAugust
mad.gif

Alrite so I've been surprised at how much I get out of jogging. San Francisco is pretty hilly so I get some tough running. What the most you guys run, inmiles, on an average day? I've been doing 3.5-4 miles pretty well. I just started running last week.

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

I think decline is just as essential as any other bench exercise. You get an overall pectoral look when you corporate all those joints together. At least do flies if your not into decline.
i do flies but i cant imagine them being a substitute for decline bench.
Your right to an extent, you could do decline flies.

Originally Posted by TD The God

Too busy working out...

What shoulder exercises do you do? I noticed that you have really big Teres muscles... I have a bad teres minor/major and I need some new exercises other than the physio ones to do....these don't do @#+! for strength

yo ill be honest i have no clue what a teres is?

but right now i do:

military bb press
military behind the neck bb press
shrugs (traps not shoulders but i do it on shoulder day)
military db press
front db raises (more than parallel though, i go like almost vertical)
db side raises
reverse flies (is that the right name for them? they hit the rear delts)

edit:

i just looked up teres.....looks like its more back/lat area than shoulder? i dunno i feel like it would be something that bent over rows and pullups and thelike would hit more than shoulder exercises.

Back
Top Bottom