Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Cuttin Time......

c6b15de7781fa9e41eb42718367db163e4ef273.jpg

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

I just started going to the gym, just trying to lose weight running on the treadmill, so how many days a week should i hit the gym?

how many minutes or hours should i run on it?

Through my experience, both as a high school varsity athlete, and a person who has gone through a slight cutting phase....if you're not running like a runner, or running doing HIIT 1.5- 2 hours a day...for 5 days of the week, you better have a strict diet in mind.
1.5-2 hours of running a day is OD, man. The dude is going to die unless he goes super slow and just walk on the treadmill. I don't think Ican even last an hour of continuous running now and I run 6-8 times a week.

I would do 1 hour MAX. Try to test your limit and run the fastest you can. The general rule: if you can talk normally, you're running too slow. This iswhy I SMH at people who go on the treadmill and bring books to read and talk to the person next to them. Such a waste of time.

It's all about your diet when it comes to losing weight.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Dr Spaceman wrote:
naw what you doin? i like that !+% soft.

I hate soft! I want to toned everywhere. Since February, I gained 10 pounds. I actually want to lose 20, so I will make it realistic for now and go for 10 pounds. I can lose weight easily just by watching what I eat but then I reach a plateau and cannot lose anymore. So, this is where the workout DVD comes in handy. The thighs have got to go.

If is from this chick from the Biggest Loser...

I better lose the weight or I am selling this on Ebay.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Alright....I have a hard time getting this thing off the rack though by myself which is usually how I roll to the gym recently.

Also...exercises to make for bigger lats, if you may? I've been doing the lat-pulls on the circuit, steadily from 130 lbs - 160 from 10 reps - 10 reps - 8 reps - 8 reps....I haven't really noticed much gain though this entire summer...

Dumbell rows --- going heavy the reps should be kept at 6 or less but I've found that personally it takes a lot to over train my back so I usually do 4sets of 8-12. Technique is important in these not so much because of the risk of injury if done improperly but because you won't be directly targeting theLat muscle. If done properly the Lat/teres minor/teres major are the primary muscles that are worked while the biceps and anterior/middle deltoids aresecondary.

Wide grip Pull Ups. 4-5 sets of 6-8 reps.
Form is important here too. No swinging. All the way down, pause for a second, then all the way up (as far as you can go).

Barbell rows are just as good as DB but it's not the easiest technique to get correct and has a high risk of injury. Personally not a fan, although I dothem once every 6 weeks or so.

Ditch the lat pulldown machine. It's good for when taking a break or on a recovery day but it's not that great apart from that. Muscle memorycontributes to an inordinate percentage of the weight lifted in this exercise. At least that's my experience with it.

IF any of yall are looking for some nike pro compression shorts or winter tights hit me up on the PM and we can go through ebay etc

For those that run outside of the gym, do you carry a water bottle with you?

Costco is still having that $300/2 year for 24 Hr Fitness going on BTW.

Back
Top Bottom