Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by wj4

18th letter- do you know how long it took for that guy to get in that shape? I'm guessing around 3-4 years for everything to happen.
You would think....dude said it took him like a year. So I was like
eyes.gif
grin.gif

The transformation is still impressive though.

and nah that is not me
laugh.gif
I'm doubting that VERY much. A year is a very short period of time. If he was skinny already and got to the final stage of being lean..thenI would believe it somewhat. But he was obese so he was already at a big disadvantage. Congrats to him no doubt, but I know it had to be more than a year,unless he did some ultimate P90X with a team of experts to help him train 10 hours a day or something of that nature.

EverdayDayKicks- you should measure your chest size to be sure, man. You see yourself everyday so changes are not very noticeable. I don't reallyconsider myself a body builder at all, but my fav chest exercise is the peck fly/press. They say chest is the harder part to get bigger though..that's whyyou see dudes walking around with massive arms and no chest.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by wj4
EverdayDayKicks- you should measure your chest size to be sure, man. You see yourself everyday so changes are not very noticeable. I don't really consider myself a body builder at all, but my fav chest exercise is the peck fly/press. They say chest is the harder part to get bigger though..that's why you see dudes walking around with massive arms and no chest.
laugh.gif
Alright I'm switching up my routine starting monday, so I will measure my chest over the weekend.
I'll compare the size now, and then measure again in like 2 months or so.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Ok so I feel like I'm not getting any bigger in my chest..

What are good exercises to up my chest size?
For me cables helped alot. Thats and dumbbell presses

Iceman-just curious, man....what's your daily food intake looking like? I know you gotta eat a grip because of your size, but how much exactly?

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Can you recommend me some cable exercises?

Originally Posted by wj4

Iceman-just curious, man....what's your daily food intake looking like? I know you gotta eat a grip because of your size, but how much exactly?

Right now im cuttin up but my food intake is pretty low right now.
Breakfast- 2 whole eggs+ 1 egg white, 3 slices of wheat bread, and maybe some turkey meat.(some mornings I get 2 breakfast borritos from Qdoba)
Lunch- depends on whats cooked. 2 chicken breast maybe with rice or with bread. and some type of sides like cabbage.
Dinner- is usually the same thing I have for lunch.

When im bulking its a different story. Just basically doubling what I eat when im cutting.
I try to keep my eating simple with mostly chicken breasts. I used to eat more but as time went by I realized eating too much food was a waste, but just enoughis key.

I donno if anyone payed attention to a post i made about checking how much you poop to try and figure out how much of the food you eat is actually goin towork
laugh.gif

I find it to be true

Can you recommend me some cable exercises?
cablecrossovers.gif

I usually hit 2 angles with this.
The angle he has and then extending my arms parallel to my chest

Does anybody do incline barbell presses ?? My gym stops at 75lb dumbbells and I wont be lifting at school gym for another 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by wj4

Right now im cuttin up but my food intake is pretty low right now.
Breakfast- 2 whole eggs+ 1 egg white, 3 slices of wheat bread, and maybe some turkey meat.(some mornings I get 2 breakfast borritos from Qdoba)
Lunch- depends on whats cooked. 2 chicken breast maybe with rice or with bread. and some type of sides like cabbage.
Dinner- is usually the same thing I have for lunch.

When im bulking its a different story. Just basically doubling what I eat when im cutting.
I try to keep my eating simple with mostly chicken breasts. I used to eat more but as time went by I realized eating too much food was a waste, but just enough is key.

I donno if anyone payed attention to a post i made about checking how much you poop to try and figure out how much of the food you eat is actually goin to work
laugh.gif

I find it to be true
That's all you eat right now? 3 meals a day, no snacks? We eat similarly, more or less.
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm guessing that's a Planet Fitness, but some gyms are just kind of smaller and don't spend that money on the db rack.

Incline Barbell Presses are great, especially if you're trying to lift heavy, but it's better to do them when you have a spot, or you'll stop shortof failure instead of going to it and past. Also, people mess up the form on inclines alot. I personally find that I feel my chest work more with thedumbbells, but I still do barbell presses probably every other chest workout to keep my strength up.

adding dumbbell flyes into your routine are also a good way to fill out a stubborn chest.

Originally Posted by wj4

That's all you eat right now? 3 meals a day, no snacks? We eat similarly, more or less.
laugh.gif

Nah I snack like crazy when im bulking. But now im getting more disciplined and making better progress and gains.
When I do snack Ill just have chocolate or something. My body can deal with sugar, its carbs and dairy that puts the weight on for me.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i know a lot of people are gonna take a chance an buy into though

just was wonderin what NT fitness fam thought about it.
This is the thing I don't understand.
So many in the amateur BB'ing community buy up all these supps and wait for the next "big thing" yet it's already out there and proven towork.
They're called anabolic steroids. There's no better supp (apart from good HGH which is expensive) for putting on mass and increasing strength.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

Honestly if going to the gym is that hard for you just play a sport. I was out of shape and never wanted to go to the gym. I started playing soccer and basketball again and lost 30 pounds on one summer. It's summer time, go out play a sport and sweat, and just watch the pounds melt away. You won't even notice how many calories you burn. Losing a couple of pounds then gave me the energy to go to the gym again.

This man speaks the truth.

2 weeks ago I started going to play basketball again. I was at 198. I am at 185 now. 3 hours of basketball a day in the sun will do that.
Yep. The gym is just a convenient place because everything is under 1 roof, per se. But playing any sport can help out definitely. I saw on ESPN that Blake Griffin was training the natural way. He was running up/down the hills by a beach shore carrying a big bag of sand or something like that.

I also read that a guy had a nearly perfect physique and he never set foot in a gym. He works as a furniture mover. The article also went to say that the ultimate test of strength is the human flag pole.
610x.jpg
You're right.
The gym is def. not the best way to add size and strength but it is convenient so we're all pigeonholed into using it most of the time.

Every other weekend (fall and summer) I go to train with a bunch of amateur strongman in one dudes driveway and by far working stones and yoke put more mass(and built my strength) on me than any other gym work I've ever done.
The only body part that can be trained better in a gym setting is chest imo.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

What is it?
Rippetoes is a strength program designed by Mark Rippetoe. It is designed mainly for beginners to give them a good strength base.

Who can benefit from it?
Though Rippetoe's is aimed at beginners, anyone can truly benefit from it.

Can I gain mass while on Rippetoe's?
Yes. The routine is aimed towards strength, but you can still make gains off of it so long as you're eating enough.

How much strength can I gain on this program?
You should be getting noticably stronger each workout. Aim to put 2.5 lbs
atleast on the bar each workout. If you absolutely can't add weight, do the weight you did last workout and move up the next.

Is Rippetoe's for everyone?
No. Most everyone can benefit from this, but for those who can't, look into one of the beginner routines posted in a sticky.

So here it is.

*do the SAME weight for all 3 sets

Workout A:
Squat-3x5
Bench Press-3x5
Deadlift-1x5
*2x8 Dips

Workout B:
Squat-3x5
Standing Military Press-3x5
Power Cleans(or Bent Over Barbell Rows)-3x5
*2x8 Chinups(palms facing you)

Week 1:
Day 1: Workout A
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Workout B
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Workout A
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Week 2
Day 1: Workout B
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Workout A
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Workout B
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Rotate between weeks 1 & 2.

what do you guys think of that? I got that off another forum.
I know I'm late, but I'll recommend this to anyone who's trying to get their strength up.

that + eat like a monster...I gained some good strength and size.

What are you guys incline dumbbell pressing ??

Also.... i play baseball so I only get to lift hard during the off-season, so my bench hasnt been able to stay at a certain number. Have gone from 185-280, nowat 215. How can I increase my bench in the next couple months ??

Incline dumbbell press I do 3 sets starting with 65 lb dumb bells. I progress up to 75 on my third set....that's next week though, I've been on 70 thisweek.

i was gonna throw up the pic i posted in the other thread but nah.

iceman is making me feel real small right now
laugh.gif

speaking of transormations.....someone showed me this one on bb.com a while back, i was
eek.gif
eek.gif
i think he's like late 30s too.....we take for granted how easy it is for us dudes in our teens and 20s.....but at that age your test levelsdefinitely are starting to dip.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

boxer- yeah, man...I told my family that here in the states, you gotta have money to do Muay Thai training. They were shocked because most dudes who do it in the homeland are of the lower class.

yeah, it's pretty out of control. due to the popularity even gyms without anybody worthwhile to train beside charge ridiculous prices. luckily i am notgetting robbed by my gym boss.

it's all about business here.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

laugh.gif
Let me get your abs ssshhhhzzztttt......My genetic 4pack is not coo
smh.gif

I'm tryna drop like 7 pounds by Friday....

Jus gotta stay determined and force myself to the gym....

Originally Posted by rhester

I'm tryna drop like 7 pounds by Friday....

Jus gotta stay determined and force myself to the gym....
You wrestle? Fight?

Ain't gonna happen unless you have a ton of water weight. I lost 10 lbs during a hard wrestling practice and most of it was water. You'll gain back 4-6pounds from eating/drinking, and overnight, you'll lose another 2-3 pounds.

Other than that, just go for 3 lbs a week. No reason to lose that weight if you don't have to. Wrestling season sucked.
smh.gif
Not being able to eat a ton after practices.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

laugh.gif

speaking of transormations.....someone showed me this one on bb.com a while back, i was
eek.gif
eek.gif
i think he's like late 30s too.....we take for granted how easy it is for us dudes in our teens and 20s.....but at that age your test levels definitely are starting to dip.
Starting at about age 30, testosterone levels drop by about 10 percent every decade. Were good.

Back
Top Bottom