STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

Free, espn league.
I plan on going to the convention. It's right in between my son's birthday and mine

^Thanks man, I appreciate it. I called both downtown and East Liberty stores - downtown had a 9.5 and East Liberty had a 10.5... I'll probably grab the 9.5, since I think the fit from a 9.5 will be better on the Jordan 1if I can't find a 10.
id size up in 1's before i sized down. I'm a usual 10.5/11 but i cant do a 10.5 in those, theyre so narrow

anybody know this guy? he msg me at 233am and wanted to meet up right away not even knowing what i had. didnt care about shoe or price. seemed real sketchy. i obviously didnt meet up with him but wanted to know if hes a scammer trying to rob people or maybe hes legit and just comes across that way

Yea that don't sound right at all...shoulda asked em where he got your number and if he was on NT what his name was.

Those custom 3s are nice too

id size up in 1's before i sized down. I'm a usual 10.5/11 but i cant do a 10.5 in those, theyre so narrow
Thanks for the advice - I learned this one the hard way yesterday. After I copped the 9.5s, I went home and tried them on and they're JUST a bit too snug. I could pull them off, but I'd rather not. Anyway, right when I was about to go return them I got a PM from a member here who will hopefully have a size 10 on Thursday - so fingers crossed that works out and we can size swap.
anybody know this guy? he msg me at 233am and wanted to meet up right away not even knowing what i had. didnt care about shoe or price. seemed real sketchy. i obviously didnt meet up with him but wanted to know if hes a scammer trying to rob people or maybe hes legit and just comes across that way
No way I'd meet that person.  I agree with Cn0wl8dg3 - that sounds like a robbery waiting to happen.  Who gets thirsty for kicks at 2:30 in the morning???
^^^u woulda got robbed.  shoulda said you would meet him at airport at 9. bet he wouldnt of responded

anyway...

http://sneakernews.com/2013/07/16/a...r-pedro-alvarez-by-mache-customs/#more-434062
I saw those!  Looks like we need to invite Pedro to post in this thread, haha!  Wish he would have done better last night, although I'm not sure anyone could have competed with Cespedes last night - dude was on beast mode.

Javier

Exactly. I know when stuff doesn't sound right that's why I blew him off. I always met at secure locations like my bank or inside the mall

Hey guys. Just got back into shoes earlier this year. I'm from the McKeesport area. Where's the convention at? I work downtown and would probably stop over during lunch if its down there.

I also have a pair of shadows coming that i dont think im going to want to keep in a 10 but I have 160 in them. Supposed to be here tomorrow

Exactly. I know when stuff doesn't sound right that's why I blew him off. I always met at secure locations like my bank or inside the mall

If anyone ever needs a safe place to meet, 625 Liberty Ave (EQT Plaza -downtown, a block from social status) has a nice public plaza that is monitored by secuirty cameras! I have sold a few items there.

Hey guys. Just got back into shoes earlier this year. I'm from the McKeesport area. Where's the convention at? I work downtown and would probably stop over during lunch if its down there.

I also have a pair of shadows coming that i dont think im going to want to keep in a 10 but I have 160 in them. Supposed to be here tomorrow

Here's the flyer for the sneaker show:

Looks like social status is the only spot getting the Lebrons this weekend via raffle. You gotta buy something to enter in the raffle. Seriously ? Sup with that sheit

^ I'm still on the fence about whether I like those enough to go through all the bullish** to try and cop... Can you buy anything or is there a certain amount you have to spend?

Last edited:
@skep I agree purchase-for-entry is stupid, but its the owner's strategy to boost sales

@javylsu not 100% sure but I think its a $50+ purchase. Which isn't too bad really. its basically b/c people would just buy a pair of socks or a tee to get in the raffle before. Smart on the customer's behalf, but you can see where that goes against the owner's aforementioned business strategy

interesting cuz any nationwide raffle or anything of the nature clearly has to state "no purchase necessary" but i guess that isnt required at this level. another reason for me not to buy from them

I know they had a screwed up system for the yeezy 2 release. Only major release I got from them was last years GMP which was fairly easy!

Todays kicks...

interesting cuz any nationwide raffle or anything of the nature clearly has to state "no purchase necessary" but i guess that isnt required at this level. another reason for me not to buy from them
I think it's because you're not really "winning" anything, just the opportunity to buy.  I also think that the only reason the major "big box" sneaker chains don't do this is because they have a lot more to lose in terms of reputational risk, good will, and potential business loss from losing their Nike/Jordan Brand account (can you imagine if Foot Locker lost their Nike/JB account? LOL).  Word would reach Nike MUCH faster if FL did this than one of these small boutiques... Also, the margin for these limited releases is much smaller than it would be for a typical GR-type release due to the volume (or lack thereof).  Just my two cents.

@skep I agree purchase-for-entry is stupid, but its the owner's strategy to boost sales

@javylsu not 100% sure but I think its a $50+ purchase. Which isn't too bad really. its basically b/c people would just buy a pair of socks or a tee to get in the raffle before. Smart on the customer's behalf, but you can see where that goes against the owner's aforementioned business strategy
I wonder what the profit margin is (in % terms) on a tee or a pair of socks vs. a pair of shoes...  I'm guessing (and I could be completely wrong) that the profit margin is higher on these types of products vs. a pair of shoes.  Again, I don't have any first-hand knowledge on this, so I could be way off...

Javier

Profit margin is higher on smaller items, because you need volume to actually generate revenue. Most businesses operate this way.

Figure this.. you go to Lowe's and but a riding lawn mower that costs 2000, they might pay 1300-1400 for it. And that's being lenient. Then you go to get a spare key, or a bag of bolts. Something that you pay $2 for. They might pay 35-50 cents for this. Margin is insane on small items.

And places like social status and villa are required to bring in certain items like shirts and socks to get the accounts for sneakers. It's Nike's way of forcing the items to sell. It's shoved down their throats and ours.

Only one of those pictures are mine (the thunders). The other pic is someone else. I am Latin though... :-D

Javier

Last edited:
^Cool! I was born in Puerto Rico. On another note... Finally found my size 10s thanks to a member here in NT. These are REAL nice, very happy with the Shadow 1s:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom