STILLmatic > It Was Written

And it's not really close.

I love IWW as much as the next person, but I've heard people say it's better than Illmatic when it's not even Nas' 2nd best album.
That title belongs to Stillmatic.

Stillmatic Intro
Ether
Got Ur Self a...
Smokin'
You're the Man
Rewind
One Mic
2nd Childhood
Destroy and Rebuild
The Flyest
Rule
My Country
Poison
Every Ghetto

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One Mic and 2nd Childhood are in my top 10 NaS songs of all time.

This album is piff...

the stillmatic intro makes me feel like NaS is the King re-ascending his throne. its so majestic and incredible. best intro ever, best diss track ever, amazingalbum all around

IMO the best from Stillmatic (You're the man, 2nd childhood, one mic) can match the top tracks on IWW, but overall I think IWW is better from start to end.

ehhhhh, i think that's stretching it my dude.

Though I have had "Rule" on repeat today.

Illmatic
It Was Written
Untitled
Stillmatic
I Am

I think the main reason I vibe with Stillmatic more than I vibe with IWW is because what is the meaning of Stillmatic?
It's Nas, rising from the dead, basically saying give me my throne back.
You can feel it from the intro(where he basically tells you), to the end of the album.

What the %!$* is IWW about?
Lyrically, it's on the same level as Illmatic.
But music isn't JUST about sick lyrics.
Where's the direction of IWW?
What is it about?

Songs like the Message, I Gave You Power, If I Ruled the World are CRACK.
But when critiquing an album, you have to look at the entire album and what it says about the artist.

What is Illmatic?
Nas telling you about his environment, growing up in QB, stories about his hood, etc. with great production, amazing lyrics, etc.

What is It Was Written about?

Nah............... more like

Illmatic > It was Written > Lost Tapes > I am >Stillmatic

Illmatic > It was Written > Stillmatic > Lost Tapes > I am
Dudes already know how I feel about IWW and where it fits into Nas' discography.

IWW > Stillmatic > Lost Tapes > Illmatic > the rest of the trash Nas put out compacted into one.

IWW is TRASH period, anyone that thinks this album should be mentioned in the same sentence with Illmatic is a *+%*+@% fool with AWFUL taste in music (unlessthe sentence is 'Illmatic is amazing, how did the same guy make a certified #+!@ sandwhich like IWW) . . . Nas should've don't AZ a HUGE favor andjust gave him that album, so atleast he'd have 2 HALFWAY decent albums . . .

Back to the subject, Stillmatic is miles AHEAD of IWW, and so is Untitled . . . I listened to Stillmatic ALL the way through and the album is AMAZING . . . Idon't think I could be paid enuff to listen to a #+!@ sandwhich like IWW, unless maybe Buffy and Deelishis promised to dance to that #+!@, but I'dstill have to hear it tho
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

IWW is TRASH period, anyone that thinks this album should be mentioned in the same sentence with Illmatic is a *+%*+@% fool with AWFUL taste in music (unless the sentence is 'Illmatic is amazing, how did the same guy make a certified #+!@ sandwhich like IWW) . . . Nas should've don't AZ a HUGE favor and just gave him that album, so atleast he'd have 2 HALFWAY decent albums . . .

Back to the subject, Stillmatic is miles AHEAD of IWW, and so is Untitled . . . I listened to Stillmatic ALL the way through and the album is AMAZING . . . I don't think I could be paid enuff to listen to a #+!@ sandwhich like IWW, unless maybe Buffy and Deelishis promised to dance to that #+!@, but I'd still have to hear it tho
smh.gif
smh.gif

No.

smh.gif

IWW is dope. The Message, I Gave You Power (probably his best conceptual track, I'd take this over Rewind), the Dre joint, Shootouts, Live N Rap, If IRuled The World (a top 5 Nas single)

If it wasn't for "Ether" no one would really be on Stillmatic like that. I may have listened to the whole thing a handful of times tops. One Micis dope. Beats on Stillmatic are definitely not better than the beats on IWW.

I came in here expecting a Nay and Malta beef to the max. But na, I'm not really a stillmatic dude, the second half of the album was kind of wack to me butit had its bangers. IWW is pretty close to Illmatic imo, so that puts it leagues ahead of Stillmatic.

30 years later and hip hop fans don't know the difference between a GOOD ALBUM, and album with a FEW good songs . . .
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Next time you get ready to say hip hop is dead, make sure you look in the mirror to atleast understand why . . .

Illmatic>IWW=Stillmatic>I am>The Lost Tapes>Untitled>HHID>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everythingelse.

IMO of course.

cant say i agree

i can do w/o Smokin and Braveheart Party. i'm not feelin one mic like every one else is
every song on IWW is a banger to me

Great thread that can be full of good points.

From front to back both albums are great. i think most of us can agree on that.

Back
Top Bottom