Stop buying Air Jordan's for good and giving them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think overpriced sneakers are a waste of money. But honestly, it didn't make a significant impact on my finances even when I was poor so to speak.

Hey whats up everybody,

I just wanna share this with y'all.

I have been a member of NT for 11 years and I wanna just share this like I have before, and it's about not buying Jordan's anymore.
Now I am a 35 year old man and I love Jordan's, but I learn that I'm on a tight budget and that I can't always afford to buy Jordan kicks unless I've gotten a job. But I learn that as we buy Jordan's and Nike's we are actually making Michael Jordan and Phil Knight richer than they are now. And that's not good. So I had my father tell me instead of making those guys rich I should make myself rich buy budgeting my money. And since I'm gonna be doing that it would be best if I never buy Jordan's again. Ever. And I plan to give my Jordan's away is there any alternatives to where I should give my kicks away after wearing them. I mean I'm not going to sell them. I just wanna give them away. Hey is there any idea of how I can give up my NT membership.
I would say go to a homeless shelter and donate or maybe just keep them for yourself

I get a lot of flack from work for this. They seem to think I wake up, go to work, leave and buy a Jordan then go home. Do it all again the next day.:lol: When I first got out on my own late 99-03, I wasnt buying ****. It was shoe carnival madness here. There sometimes is this misconception that all we all do is buy Js. I get lots of "got a hundred Js but no car" jokes. There funny but the label sometimes gets irritating. I didnt start buying again till I got my real life in order.

I get a lot of flack from work for this. They seem to think I wake up, go to work, leave and buy a Jordan then go home. Do it all again the next day.:lol: When I first got out on my own late 99-03, I wasnt buying ****. It was shoe carnival madness here. There sometimes is this misconception that all we all do is buy Js. I get lots of "got a hundred Js but no car" jokes. There funny but the label sometimes gets irritating. I didnt start buying again till I got my real life in order.
Why don't you get a car though? It's good to at least have one to wheel around in, doesn't have to be fancy.

Believe me I questioned this also. ^ To many repeated posts in other threads.

This is all either joking nonsense, a troll job, or frankly just dumb. If you’re so broke that buying a few pairs of Jordans, Nikes, whatever per year is a burden and impacting your life for real, the issue isn’t the shoes, it’s your overall situation. That’s no laughing matter and something far more important.
You buy 10 pairs of $200 shoes in a year, that’s a whole $2,000. Spread across 12 months. Not exactly huge life-altering money. Just saying. I understand every dollar counts, and some people are scraping to get by every month. But then no, you shouldn’t be buying Js in the first place regardless of your age.

i swear man
no shots
i mean all this respectfully
ur 35 and JUST now realizing this
not only that
post it here as some epiphany
bruh just give them away
to charity and the less fortunate
or sell them for ur kids college tuition
or house or car down payment and call it a day
its not rocket science
u aint hoarding a pile of gold
theyre JUST shoes
get over it
again
i mean this respectfully

Its all good y'all. Dude might be goin thru some stuff. Let him work it out. Never too late to straighten up. Jus stay focused on what u gotta do my guy & listen to ur pops & you'll be alright. If your tight on cash i'd probably sell the shoes but that just me. Money is money & every little bit helps when your in a bind. Try craigslist or ebay. Think of the drive & intensity you had for copping Jordans & try to divert that towards straightening out & getting you situation fixed. Let that be your new obsession. And while your saving money you can find other things you enjoy & hobbies that can ocuppy your time that don't cost so much. Good luck to you bro.

Youre better off selling em then donate the money for charity if you really wanna donate to the poor.
0B703EA4-6F13-4017-A508-825AE5BB07D8.gif

Last edited:
Give them to kids who’d tremendously appreciate them instead of old homeless guys.

If you need a job as well and need to get rid of shoes I advise you sell the shoes and spend the money on some sort of training for yourself for a income earning skill.
If not then donate said shoes and go on with life.

Let me ask another question are you ok? giving away all your shoes for free when your're trying to save up and do some investing the best thing to do would be to sell them and make some cash and kill two birds with one stone. if that makes any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom