STORM RYDER'S **T-Mac 5 In-Depth Review**

Discussion in 'Review Archive' started by storm ryder, Nov 27, 2005.

1. airjaw

airjaw

hmmm question...
    theoretically shox and a3 should last forever right?
    but obviously no one would want to wear a shoe forever.

But lets say someone did, for example, played in a3 or shox basketball shoes outdoors, and the soles wore off... what happens when the soles wear off and you start wearing into the shox / a3?

i've always wondered about this...

2. weknowdrama

weknowdrama

Once you wore off the sole and then lower impact distribution plate the cushioning and stability both downgrade dramatically and shox/a3 sructures wear out rapidly
    <<<<WANTED:XVIII (sz 11-11.5) >>>>

3. vincepoy

vincepoy

I had the Nike Air Turf Marauder that were bought in 1997 and I basically wore them from 1997 until end of 2004. The Air in the heel never failed and I guess the rubber on the soles finally disappeared but the really big issue was the inside back of the heel, the hard plastic was beginning to poke my feet.

The shoe that I had failed was the Reebok Pump SXT Cross Training shoes that I bought in 1991. Reebok's uses foam instead of rubber for the outside of the sole so while the bottoms were still fine, one day when I walked 1/2 a block, the entire bottom broke into little pieces as it's kinda like dried up styrofoam. I forgot what cushioning was used on the SXT but it's not Hexalite since that was used on the Tennis Pumps. It was green in color and was just like three horizontal round bars.

4. ussjme

ussjme

the tmac 5's are tempting,especially in the blk/red colour. but i also love the look of the garnett 3. all my balling shoes have been blk/red(azg,xx,ultraflights). any chance that us canadians will be able to get the limited edition garnett 3 blk/red?
    ______
    click-a-ty clank, click-a-ty clank, our money goes into Nike's piggy-bank.

5. vincepoy

vincepoy

You know with the T-MAC 4 and 5, I was hoping for a all black version since it works well at work too. I guess for that purpose, I got both the White/black T-MAC 5's and the All black Reebok Answer 9's.

6. dimsum1

dimsum1

good lookin storm...thanks for the in-depth review...the tmac seems like a good ball shoe overall, maybe i'll try it out when the next paycheck comes through

7. tkjc0904

tkjc0904

I have 2 pairs of the Tmac 2 and one pair of TMac 3 and I can swear that both shoes have the same sockliners. I took them out and they look and feel exactly the same.

8. datznasty

datznasty

I got a pair of the white ones and a black pair for 75$ total, I'm even gonna call the nearest AFB PX in Wichita Falls and see if they have some and if so, can they hold them for me.

9. sp1die

sp1die

So is everyone generally agreed that the black/red has better traction than the white/black? the reason that i ask is that im looking to buy a pair (black/red), as long as the tractions isnt as bad as the lebron IIs then i'll be happy.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

10. limitl3ss 7

limitl3ss 7

how are they for outdoor though?

11. airjaw

airjaw

seems like they'd get kinda hot playing outdoors, especially in the summer

12. squalie413

squalie413

13. limitl3ss 7

limitl3ss 7

yea, they do look like they'd get a bit stuffy after a while...we play mostly at night though, and it doesn't get hot around night time this time of year here i think..anyone know how they'd hold up? maybe twice a week on asphalt?

oops...

14. memphisboi55

memphisboi55

just got in mail today, walked around teh house in em and feel great! cant wait to get on court tomorrow in these!!
    TEAM TN
    * Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

15. memphisboi55

memphisboi55

finally hooped in em last nite! i love em 4.5/5

comfy, good ankle protection, had my foot locked down, good traction( have to wipe feet here n there) good ventilation
    TEAM TN
    * Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

16. jordansdaman

jordansdaman

there kinda stif for me, i wore a new pair for about 30 min... still stickin to my J's
    Afterall thats what this site is all about right, j's, nikes o and the people that post other brands
    "I CAN LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT MJ23, BUT IT WONT BE A LIFE I'D LOVE TO LIVE"

17. airjaw

airjaw

If you only wore them for 30 minutes then of course they'd still be stiff...

Playing in my vc3's for the first time felt like i was playing with bricks as shoes... it takes time for shoes to break in.

18. jordansdaman

jordansdaman