STORM RYDER'S **T-Mac 5 In-Depth Review**

hmmm question...
theoretically shox and a3 should last forever right?
but obviously no one would want to wear a shoe forever.

But lets say someone did, for example, played in a3 or shox basketball shoes outdoors, and the soles wore off... what happens when the soles wear off and you start wearing into the shox / a3?

i've always wondered about this...

Once you wore off the sole and then lower impact distribution plate the cushioning and stability both downgrade dramatically and shox/a3 sructures wear out rapidly
<<<<WANTED:XVIII (sz 11-11.5) >>>>

I had the Nike Air Turf Marauder that were bought in 1997 and I basically wore them from 1997 until end of 2004. The Air in the heel never failed and I guess the rubber on the soles finally disappeared but the really big issue was the inside back of the heel, the hard plastic was beginning to poke my feet.

The shoe that I had failed was the Reebok Pump SXT Cross Training shoes that I bought in 1991. Reebok's uses foam instead of rubber for the outside of the sole so while the bottoms were still fine, one day when I walked 1/2 a block, the entire bottom broke into little pieces as it's kinda like dried up styrofoam. I forgot what cushioning was used on the SXT but it's not Hexalite since that was used on the Tennis Pumps. It was green in color and was just like three horizontal round bars.

the tmac 5's are tempting,especially in the blk/red colour. but i also love the look of the garnett 3. all my balling shoes have been blk/red(azg,xx,ultraflights). any chance that us canadians will be able to get the limited edition garnett 3 blk/red?
______
click-a-ty clank, click-a-ty clank, our money goes into Nike's piggy-bank.

You know with the T-MAC 4 and 5, I was hoping for a all black version since it works well at work too. I guess for that purpose, I got both the White/black T-MAC 5's and the All black Reebok Answer 9's.

good lookin storm...thanks for the in-depth review...the tmac seems like a good ball shoe overall, maybe i'll try it out when the next paycheck comes through

Quote:
Hey 3Canada, are you sure they didnt use the ortholite in the T-Mac 2? I have 2 pairs and they're both the same blue color as the ortholite and they seem a bit spongier and more open-celled than a EVA sockliner.

I have 2 pairs of the Tmac 2 and one pair of TMac 3 and I can swear that both shoes have the same sockliners. I took them out and they look and feel exactly the same.

I got a pair of the white ones and a black pair for 75$ total, I'm even gonna call the nearest AFB PX in Wichita Falls and see if they have some and if so, can they hold them for me.

So is everyone generally agreed that the black/red has better traction than the white/black? the reason that i ask is that im looking to buy a pair (black/red), as long as the tractions isnt as bad as the lebron IIs then i'll be happy.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Quote:
So is everyone generally agreed that the black/red has better traction than the white/black? the reason that i ask is that im looking to buy a pair (black/red), as long as the tractions isnt as bad as the lebron IIs then i'll be happy.

There alot better i play on a fairly dirty court and i dont have to wipe my sole on my Tmac5s(blk/red) and for the lebron2(wht/nvy) i had to wipe it alot

yea, they do look like they'd get a bit stuffy after a while...we play mostly at night though, and it doesn't get hot around night time this time of year here i think..anyone know how they'd hold up? maybe twice a week on asphalt?

oops...

just got in mail today, walked around teh house in em and feel great! cant wait to get on court tomorrow in these!!
TEAM TN
* Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

finally hooped in em last nite! i love em 4.5/5

comfy, good ankle protection, had my foot locked down, good traction( have to wipe feet here n there) good ventilation
TEAM TN
* Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

there kinda stif for me, i wore a new pair for about 30 min... still stickin to my J's
Afterall thats what this site is all about right, j's, nikes o and the people that post other brands
"I CAN LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT MJ23, BUT IT WONT BE A LIFE I'D LOVE TO LIVE"

If you only wore them for 30 minutes then of course they'd still be stiff...

Playing in my vc3's for the first time felt like i was playing with bricks as shoes... it takes time for shoes to break in.

Quote:
it takes time for shoes to break in.

Thanks einstine.... I have worn shoes before..
It is my experiance that jordans are alot better and softer matierials(less break in time)

Let me put it another way, i didnt even want to wear them any longer(they diodnt fit or bend the same way im accustomed too)

Maybe im biast, but its gotta be Js for me

"I CAN LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT MJ23, BUT IT WONT BE A LIFE I'D LOVE TO LIVE"

Back
Top Bottom