Study on Air Jordan consumers Vol. Help a brotha out NT

What's up NT fam, 
so I'm doing a school project over Air Jordans and I'm trying to get yalls opinions on a couple of things if you could.

Basically I'm curious as to what your perceptions and attitudes in terms of Jordan footwear and apparel.  Like do you think its a "top of the line" product, is it a shoe that gives you "status" or anything like that?

Also, I'm curious to some of yalls purchase habits.  Do you only buy retroes? Do you also buy jumpmans or Team Jordans?  Air Jordans only? Do you buy every one that comes out or do you pick and choose as they come?

Any insights would be appreciated!!

What's up NT fam, 
so I'm doing a school project over Air Jordans and I'm trying to get yalls opinions on a couple of things if you could.

Basically I'm curious as to what your perceptions and attitudes in terms of Jordan footwear and apparel.  Like do you think its a "top of the line" product, is it a shoe that gives you "status" or anything like that?

Also, I'm curious to some of yalls purchase habits.  Do you only buy retroes? Do you also buy jumpmans or Team Jordans?  Air Jordans only? Do you buy every one that comes out or do you pick and choose as they come?

Any insights would be appreciated!!

I'll give you a quick rundown of what I think...

Jordans are not top of the line. I think they still give you some level of "status" but not as much as they used to...though I'm speaking as a guy out of high school so things might be different for the younger kids. As far as I see it...Jordan Brand has lost a great part of its prestige.

I buy what I like...usually try to stay away from the newer retros due to quality and tweeks like different material/added logos/etc. I'll buy "spin-offs" like team Js and jumpmans every now and then but I'm really only interested in the older releases (pro quick, team j, team 1, pro strong, etc.). No hybrids. I definitely pick and choose...especially nowadays.

Edit: I also buy misc. nikes....basketball, running, sb...probably more than jordans these days. hope it helps.

I'll give you a quick rundown of what I think...

Jordans are not top of the line. I think they still give you some level of "status" but not as much as they used to...though I'm speaking as a guy out of high school so things might be different for the younger kids. As far as I see it...Jordan Brand has lost a great part of its prestige.

I buy what I like...usually try to stay away from the newer retros due to quality and tweeks like different material/added logos/etc. I'll buy "spin-offs" like team Js and jumpmans every now and then but I'm really only interested in the older releases (pro quick, team j, team 1, pro strong, etc.). No hybrids. I definitely pick and choose...especially nowadays.

Edit: I also buy misc. nikes....basketball, running, sb...probably more than jordans these days. hope it helps.

It use to be a "top of the line product." I only buy retros+OG's, no Team Jordans. Also buy Foams, SBs, Kobes, and Lebrons. I pick and choose the ones i like, but try to stay away from most new releases.  I usually buy older retros. Hope i was able to help.

It use to be a "top of the line product." I only buy retros+OG's, no Team Jordans. Also buy Foams, SBs, Kobes, and Lebrons. I pick and choose the ones i like, but try to stay away from most new releases.  I usually buy older retros. Hope i was able to help.

your perceptions and attitudes in terms of Jordan footwear and apparel.  Like do you think its a "top of the line" product, is it a shoe that gives you "status" or anything like that?

I've never been one to think anything gives me "status". I dont think the clothes make the man. That said, this is a nostalgic thing for me. I was 10 years old when the 5's first came out, and i had so many good memories in general with Michael Jordan, and his presence  and general role modelism.

I think that although the material used to create the shoes might not be what it used to be, the overall design cant be touched. Theres something to be said about that i think.

I'm curious to some of yalls purchase habits.  Do you only buy retroes? Do you also buy jumpmans or Team Jordans?  Air Jordans only? Do you buy every one that comes out or do you pick and choose as they come?

With anything, i buy what i like. If something is difficult to obtain, and i like it THAT much, i'm will to pay. However, i do not own any team jordans. for the simple fact they do no appeal to me. I think the design is uninspired, and often a rehash or franken-design of the signature Air Jordan line.

For my taste, as far as sneakers go, i own 99.5% Air Jordans. I have a few Air Max 1 and 90's, and 95's. but thats all.

I have some originals, but only ones that can be worn. I'm not one to just let my shoes sit in a box. if i cant wear them, they're no good to me.

your perceptions and attitudes in terms of Jordan footwear and apparel.  Like do you think its a "top of the line" product, is it a shoe that gives you "status" or anything like that?

I've never been one to think anything gives me "status". I dont think the clothes make the man. That said, this is a nostalgic thing for me. I was 10 years old when the 5's first came out, and i had so many good memories in general with Michael Jordan, and his presence  and general role modelism.

I think that although the material used to create the shoes might not be what it used to be, the overall design cant be touched. Theres something to be said about that i think.

I'm curious to some of yalls purchase habits.  Do you only buy retroes? Do you also buy jumpmans or Team Jordans?  Air Jordans only? Do you buy every one that comes out or do you pick and choose as they come?

With anything, i buy what i like. If something is difficult to obtain, and i like it THAT much, i'm will to pay. However, i do not own any team jordans. for the simple fact they do no appeal to me. I think the design is uninspired, and often a rehash or franken-design of the signature Air Jordan line.

For my taste, as far as sneakers go, i own 99.5% Air Jordans. I have a few Air Max 1 and 90's, and 95's. but thats all.

I have some originals, but only ones that can be worn. I'm not one to just let my shoes sit in a box. if i cant wear them, they're no good to me.

Retros before 2008 were quality. After that JB has fallen off.. And no one collects team Jordans
laugh.gif
I did a paper in college on JB too... its too easy when its just second nature
tongue.gif

Retros before 2008 were quality. After that JB has fallen off.. And no one collects team Jordans
laugh.gif
I did a paper in college on JB too... its too easy when its just second nature
tongue.gif

im not the majority but I only cop original ogs when it was a "top of the line product" it was inspired by the greatest and made with the greatest qualiy waay back now you can test wear a pair of payless shoes and theyd last as long if not longer than these new j's messed up but the truth from padding to materials there diffrent shoes now days

im not the majority but I only cop original ogs when it was a "top of the line product" it was inspired by the greatest and made with the greatest qualiy waay back now you can test wear a pair of payless shoes and theyd last as long if not longer than these new j's messed up but the truth from padding to materials there diffrent shoes now days

Back
Top Bottom