Subaru 2008 WRX STI prices announced...

• All-New Platform with Competition-Inspired 5-Door Body
• 305-HP Intercooled / Turbocharged Boxer Engine
• New Multi-Mode DCCD All-Wheel Drive System and VDC
• New Double-Wishbone Rear Suspension and 18-Inch Wheels

The Subaru Impreza STI just made its North American debut, and for those of us here in the States, life is good. Just like the JDM version, the STI benefits from a wider track and a longer wheelbase, but power is provided by Subaru's 2.5-liter boxer four making 305 hp and 290 lb.-ft. of torque. The sprint to sixty will be dispatched in 4.9 seconds, and Subie execs are touting the engine's new torque characteristics as more tractable and effortlessly exciting. Aluminum suspension components partner with inverted struts to keep all four wheels planted and providing motivation, while a redesigned DCCD allows drivers to select six different differential settings.

Pricing has been set at $34,995 and Subaru began taking orders today.
About $3k-$4k more than I expected but this car is an easy pass for me. Just doesn't look like a $35k car, even though I'm sure it willperform like it's more than it's worth, but we'll see.

sti---11_450-op.jpg

damn loosk kinda weird. Im sure it puts out like a beast but i wouldnt cop.
the years previous models look better than this one imo..
nice find though.

What I heard is that the Recaro seats and push-button start will not be in the USDM version, not totally sure though.

BBS wheels and nav pushes the price up to around $38-39K.

^^ USDM always gets screwed. now you know why people order straight from Japan or the country its from and have it shipped here.
Plus thats why people go back to JDM.

I was expecting more hp/torque than that for the US version.
frown.gif
HAs the evo x specs and pricing been announced?

as a subaru fan i'm not impressed at all. hate the new design...i have a feeling the 04-07 prices will go up.

35 racks is OD, i'll take a mazdaspeed 3 and call it a day. yes i know it's FWD.

it something that grows on you. i like it.

the interior makes up for a good amount though lol

and yes subaru took a L with this.

lol. how subaru decided on this crap design i don't know, i mean hatchbacks are great for rally but as a marketable, mass-produced car? i can't wait tosee one of these on the road in my evo, point at the driver and laugh.

evo > pre-06 sti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> honda civic >>>>>> this

- It's not that bad; actually, it has really grown on me.
ohwell.gif

- It's a niche car and it serves its niche well.

- 34-35K is pushing it, but, then again, it isn't.............................................

Subaru-Impreza_WRX_STi_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_06.jpg

Subaru-Impreza_WRX_STi_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_07.jpg

Subaru-Impreza_WRX_STi_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_02.jpg

Subaru-Impreza_WRX_STi_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg

^^^what are those pics of?

This STi = crap (looks wise)

Evo isnt that much better tho. Performance-wise its prolly gonna be a beast. But looks wise...it doesnt look like a 35k car either

Performance > Looks...

the new STI is going flat out perform, but its soooo sooo ugly...06-07 STIs looked so much better, and still kept that rally look

Angel

eek.gif
eek.gif
Wow that new Evo is fire!!!!!!!

i would do so much stuff to that car. i dont like that spoiler tho.

Back
Top Bottom