Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

IMO it was just amazing to see this Patriots offense, statistically the greatest offense in NFL HISTORY, get shut down and see Brady knocked on his back and killed ALL GAME LONG.

The Pats played great defense as well, so I don't think the offenses were just horrible, it was simply a great defensive battle until the 4th when Eli made some clutch plays.

...and considering the circumstances, the 18-0 record going for perfection, the Giants 12 point under-dogs and simply dominating this game.....the country wanting the Pats to lose, etc, it was a classic game in that aspect alone.

A lot of people except for like 4 people in this thread are saying this was one of the greatest games in recent memory, but your entitled to your own opinion.

How is it one of the greatest games in recent memory when it isn't even one of the top two SBs of the decade?

If you all had stepped away from the media for the two weeks prior, you'd have the same view I do on the game. The Pats were once dominant this season. That was a long time ago. They did their 16-0 thing. They barely got by the Jags and Chargers who had their top three players injured. They were vulnerable, and the Giants took advantage.

I don't see where you get off saying the Giants dominated the game either. They didn't. They won by three points at the very end of the game. Their offense looked like $!@% for more than three quarters. They did play good defense though.

Congrats. You won the Super Bowl. But to say this is one of the greatest games in recent memory is a huge stretch to me.

imo it was the ending which made this super bowl great. you had to stay tuned into the game because the score was so close one play could make or break thegame. Also many people consider super bowl xxiii 49ers bengals to be one of the greatest super bowls ever, this game was very similar to that game, lowscoring with an amazing last minute drive to win the game.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Point is, the giants won because of there defense. Thats it. Wasnt because of Eli, wasnt because of Coach B, wasnt cause ofBrady not getting the ball to moss. Its pretty hard to score when you got hurried almost every down. The O-Line choked and thats it.

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Point is, the giants won because of there defense. Thats it. Wasnt because of Eli, wasnt because of Coach B, wasnt cause of Brady not getting the ball to moss. Its pretty hard to score when you got hurried almost every down. The O-Line choked and thats it.

eyes.gif
We know the Giants D played great, but Eli lead them to a gamewinning TD
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

those guys are getting treated like rockstars at the garden tonight.

imagine being a member of the giants in ny right now? they can have almost anything they want.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

I swear. pats win...its all good. now that they've been beat...you guys wanna cry knowledge. lets play your game. the o-line was not the sole blame. bradys indecisions,staying in the pocket, moss' continual long routes are all to blame. the left tackle is bradys protector and he held his own. the pats should have seen their weaknesses and had maroney stay behind to pick up blocks. lets spread some more knowledge to you sore %%* loser pat fans. how in the hell does a defense give so much space and expect to hold an offense. the patriots continually gave giants recievers space to do damage. the knowledgeable would know you got outplayed. plain and simple. mitchell, straham, tuck, and the giants defense OUTPLAYED you. and for the moss nut hugger...look at the replay, moss made no movement to juke the corner, homie just slipped. im not a giants fan either. im a football fan and the patriots losing is poetic justice. cheating %%* organization.

laugh.gif
wow...if you actually paid attention, the true pats fansaren't trying to impart knowledge on anyone. most of us said congrats, good job to the giant d-line, props to eli. but thank you for summing up EVERYTHINGpeople have already been saying. that whole "space" issue you brought up, its called soft coverage, and when you're bringing the house at the endof the game with a lead on the line, you play soft right up until the redzone (just like the giants did on the pats TD drive to take the lead late in the 4th)because you cannot let anyone behind you. as far as the plax td, he put a hell of a move on hobbs, cannot blame ellis for biting on that one. theres yourfootball "knowledge"...

our defense did not lose that game. the giant defensive line WON that game.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

nfl_u_seau_400.jpg

eek.gif
great photo. I feel bad for Seau but thats an amazing picture.
This picture just shows that you can't put on a certain jersey to win a Championship, except for a select few. I find it funny that the Patscouldn't pull it off and all of those sad faces on the sideline who if the Giants would have flopped, those arrogant cheaters would have been dancing onthe accomplishment of their "perfect season." I hate Richard Seymore, Teddy Bruschi, and Lawrence "Phoney" "Balonge" Maroney, Iwould have barfed if I seen them smiling of victory. Oh and Wes Welker, he sucks and this will be the only year he will look as good as the stupid analystsproclaim. Ok enough venting, I am a Raiders fan and this win is very personal for me and the rest of the Raider Nation. I would have loved to see Seau and Mossget their rings but Moss' skills and Seau's good image was tarnished by that scam of an organization. This was the most competitive SB I have everseen. It wasn't one sided like my Raiders losing to the Bucs. It went down to the bitter end and Tom Brady and the rest of the team got caught with theirpants down. The Giants played their hearts out and the better team won. I still don't consider this team a dynasty. Dynasties are classy and are not knownas bullies. Just my two cents.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

MexicanSoul wrote:

I swear. pats win...its all good. now that they've been beat...you guys wanna cry knowledge. lets play your game. the o-line was not the sole blame.
bradys indecisions,staying in the pocket, moss' continual long routes are all to blame. the left tackle is bradys protector and he held his own. the pats
should have seen their weaknesses and had maroney stay behind to pick up blocks. lets spread some more knowledge to you sore %%* loser
pat fans.
how in the hell does a defense give so much space and expect to hold an offense. the patriots continually gave giants recievers
space to do damage. the knowledgeable would know you got outplayed. plain and simple. mitchell, straham, tuck, and the giants defense OUTPLAYED you. and for
the moss nut hugger...look at the replay, moss made no movement to juke the corner, homie just slipped. im not a giants fan either. im a football fan and the
patriots losing is poetic justice. cheating %%* organization.

laugh.gif
wow...if you actually paid attention, the true pats fans
aren't trying to impart knowledge on anyone. most of us said congrats, good job to the giant o-line, props to eli. but thank you for summing up EVERYTHING
people have already been saying. that whole "space" issue you brought up, its called soft coverage, and when you're bringing the house at the end
of the game with a lead on the line, you play soft right up until the redzone (just like the giants did on the pats TD drive to take the lead late in the 4th)
because you cannot let anyone behind you. as far as the plax td, he put a hell of a move on hobbs, cannot blame ellis for biting on that one. theres your
football "knowledge"...

Pretty much. As much as i despise the Patriots, you've been pretty classy throughout the season so much props to you. I would say there's always nextyear, but i don't wanna see the pats in the super bowl next year.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

I swear. pats win...its all good. now that they've been beat...you guys wanna cry knowledge. lets play your game. the o-line was not the sole blame. bradys indecisions,staying in the pocket, moss' continual long routes are all to blame. the left tackle is bradys protector and he held his own. the pats should have seen their weaknesses and had maroney stay behind to pick up blocks. lets spread some more knowledge to you sore %%* loser pat fans. how in the hell does a defense give so much space and expect to hold an offense. the patriots continually gave giants recievers space to do damage. the knowledgeable would know you got outplayed. plain and simple. mitchell, straham, tuck, and the giants defense OUTPLAYED you. and for the moss nut hugger...look at the replay, moss made no movement to juke the corner, homie just slipped. im not a giants fan either. im a football fan and the patriots losing is poetic justice. cheating %%* organization.

laugh.gif
wow...if you actually paid attention, the true pats fans aren't trying to impart knowledge on anyone. most of us said congrats, good job to the giant d-line, props to eli. but thank you for summing up EVERYTHING people have already been saying. that whole "space" issue you brought up, its called soft coverage, and when you're bringing the house at the end of the game with a lead on the line, you play soft right up until the redzone (just like the giants did on the pats TD drive to take the lead late in the 4th) because you cannot let anyone behind you. as far as the plax td, he put a hell of a move on hobbs, cannot blame ellis for biting on that one. theres your football "knowledge"...

I'm not sure one Pats fan in this thread didn't say congrats to the Giants. I know I did.
This Mexican Soul cat doesn't know anything. I schooled him on like page 8 or something. Could've sworn he was banned from posting in hereanymore.
laugh.gif

-J-

I can understand why you dont like Seymour, but please, explain to me, why do you "HATE" Bruschi?

And no Pats fan in this thread has been sore aside from a few wagon jumpers. The Giants were the better the team.

On the real, the "true" Pats fans on this board are probably the classiest fans I have come across on nt.

Great end to the game (not the best SB but one of the best 4th quarters), and the 2nd best run I have ever seen besides the Steelers in 05. Congrats to theGiants

Youre crazy if you live in NYC and dont go to that parade. If I was from NY and a Giants fan, Id be camping out there now haha.

Man what a special moment, best game i have ever seen, the win i wanted more than any other. and they earned this win.

before the season i thought the giants had the talent to be 13-3 fans didn't the media didnt, but i thought they would be a top 3 team in the NFC for surebecause i expected eli to improve from his 3rd season to be a boarder line pro bowler at worse, of course it didn't work out that way and as the seasonwent on and they lost to the cowboys it really killed my confidence in them but that pats game man i thought we had a great shot after that to go all the way.

Eli Manning i wanted this guy a year before he entered the draft to be on the Giants, when they traded for him i was very happy. i defended him during the hardtimes and to see him win like this makes me so happy for him the criticism was way to much for a young QB but that's how it is in NY. but what reallybothered me was the giants fans that knocked Eli so much it was most giants fans not some. on this board and in the tri state area. i mean there were fans thatwanted eli gone and to try someone else anyone else, people wanted him benched for lorenzen

for the Eli haters which are MANY
he out played jeff garcia who was 2-0 vs. the gaints in playoff games
he out played the 2 time pro bowl QB tony romo(had an MVP type year)
he out played brett favre pro bowl QB(had an MVP type year)
he out played the MVP the guy who threw a record 50 TDs that guy who was 3-0 in the super bowl(dont dare say he didn't out play him. 2 TDs in the 4th onlyone other QB can say that did that in the super bowl 2 TDs in the 4th. Eli and Joe.
and giants lead the NFL in drops and had about 3-4 in this game which lead to eli's only TO of the playoffs

Eli Manning beat 2 number 1 seeds and 1 number 2 seed, how many QBs can say that?
and a game winning TD in the super bowl(i predicted he would throw a game winning TD)

the defense played great they are a huge reason for the giants winning of course its not all Eli, peyton would have more rings if he had this defense, but thegiants won because their QB stepped up this QB was not the same eli he got it going vs. the pats in week 16 that gave him confidence which was my main issuewith him.

Eli is a top QB in this league as of right now i think, but he still needs to improve. he needs to cut down his TOs in the reg season 1.7 a game is way to muchhe needs to get that to 1 a game or less and he will be a pro bowl QB but right now i'm happy with SUPER BOWL M V P.

oh and shockey needs to go, Eli i dont think likes shockey, trade him for a draft pick. and i dont think Eli likes to pass to the TE

Back
Top Bottom