Surface vs. Nexus

So basically, I'm looking for a tablet in the <$300 range.

I'm going to use it primarily for school (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc.) Along with the usual NT, online shopping, and such.

TigerDirect has the Surface with a keyboard for $250 on Black Friday, the Nexus 7 is going for about $200. 

Opinions? Is there any better tablets out there? No I don't want an iPad, I'm not a huge fan on Apple products.

^
If you're going to be using Microsoft Office programs, get the surface.

I have a Nexus 7 and it kinda sucks. I also used it for school and had to use apps to access word and excel files.

Surface >>> iPad, nexus, and Samsung tablets.

That thing is dopeness in a can

I really like holding the surface whenever I try it out but what about operating system updates? What is the diff between the surface and surface pro?

My personal experience- Surface sucks. Nexus is a great all around tablet, ipad and ipad mini with retina are GOATS (perfomance, apps, displays)!

There are apps in both google play and apple store that will allow you to use the programs you seek.

I wish i could be more descriptive when I say the surface sucks. I really wanted to like it, good processor, keyboard, expandable memory. But when I tried it I was underwhelmed by the AWFUL windows interface. Windows 8 and all its permutations are just not enjoyable, not user friendly, and in typical windows fashion use up more of the computer's resources than they should.

All in all, you should really "showroom" them, walk into a best buy or microcenter and try all three, see which one you like best. I actually didn't think I'd like the nexus until I tried it. Ended up buying one just because, even though I already had the ipad.

I really like holding the surface whenever I try it out but what about operating system updates? What is the diff between the surface and surface pro?
Surface is a regular tablet the pro is a desktop in tablet form. I really want the pro 2 but it's so expensive. Microsoft is doing it wrong they are going for profit like apple instead of users like amazon and google. The problem is apple can do that they are so far ahead even though they aren't as innovative anymore it will take something drastic for one of the competition to overtake them.

For what you said you need it for, you already answered your own question.

Back
Top Bottom