System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

per uniwatch:

Georgetown will break out their new SOD unis during the Big East tourney

here is a pic:

sad day. Not a fan of the SOD look.
At least players aren't wearing the skin tight long sleeve under shirts with the jersies as well. That is very rediculous IMO.

I wonder what hibbert has to say about SOD, considering he wears a loose dri-fit shirt under his jersey.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I wonder what hibbert has to say about SOD, considering he wears a loose dri-fit shirt under his jersey.
Probably gonna take lessons from Jordan Hill from Arizona
ohwell.gif

Don't know if anyone noticed or if I'm missing something..but i only noticed it on duke and Ohio state because those are the only two teams i watchregularly but on the upper where the Nike or LeBron logo in Ohio state's case isn't there. The LBJ logo on the Ohio state's is completely notthere and the duke jersey where the Nike swoosh would be there is an American flag. Just curious if theres some kind of rule with no logo on the upper?

corporate logos are not and have not been allowed on jerseys for as far back as i can remember.

2314092238_193aacda6b_b.jpg

Does anyone know where I can still get a pair of the new SOD G'Town grey shorts in a size Medium? Eastbay had them on backorder/preorder and Ioriginally thought I could get them during the next F&F but looks like they're a lot more popular than I had estimated. I just LOVE my first editionG'Town grey shorts, and would like to get these grey G'Town shorts also (doesn't hurt G'Town was showcasing them today). Thanks a lot inadvance!!

Ok cool. I'm really excited about these when I get them from swoosh along with my Zoom Flight 95's. I'm excited to see the pinstriping that'son the shorts....at least from the pics on swoosh it looks like they're pinstriping above the Hoyas print.

Honestly, I like the SOD look and the regular uniform look. I hated the SOD at first last year because there were these extra long/baggy shorts with thesetight uppers. I would think the tight uppers would be bothersome but it's probably not that big of a deal. And it seems like Nike has modified the uppersthis year and made them tight where it needs to be (underarm and neck area) and it's still loose in length/width so it's not bothersome on extension ofjumpshots etc. I used to tug at my uniform a lot to adjust it so it didn't feel weird or uneven and players used to do that too and I don't see that onSOD players.

As the starter of this thread, I never though it would see 2 pages, let alone 6. I'm amazed at how much discussion the SOD uni's are getting and all Icared about were the shorts in the beginning. Now I'm even more excited as tourney time approaches to see what Nike does. I still like the other G'Townuni's, not the one's against L'Ville today.

I bought me some UNC SOD gear from Franklin Street saturday afternoon and man I am impressed! The shorts are by far my favorite shorts that I have ever owned.I'll be getting the USC this week one the backorder shipment arrives.

Originally Posted by scpsu21

What is Uniwatch?

Forget the guys name but he writes for ESPN page 2 before every season and talks about new uniform changes. He does a really good job. He will most likely come out with a SOD uniwatch update next week when the tournaments start heating up.

http://uniwatchblog.com/
UniWatch is short for my other favorite website: UniWatchblog.com. It is a website dedicated to the "Obsessive Study of AthleticsAesthetics".

The writer in question is none other than my buddy, Paul Lukas, who used to write his column in the NBC paper The Village Voice. Now his column is up weeklyon ESPN.com page 2.

If you think we are OCD in regards to topics like the SOD gear, you have NO IDEA. Designers like Todd Radom, who designed the unis of the Angels, Nationalsand other assorted teams are regular contributors as is Joe Skiba, the equipment manager of the New York Giants.

Not to mention, Todd Krevanchi, one of the people responsible for NIKETALK itself!

Awesome Website, I recommend it to all my people at NT!

Pretty cool site. It's under the favorites.
The truly great stuff can be found within the comments! The one drawback is that they as a whole haven't really acquired the taste of sneakeraesthetics as of yet. A few of us are working on them though!

As for Texas, they're all SOD.

One omission that I would really like to see would definitely be Michigan, especially since the twilight of their Nike days will soom be upon them.

Nike should realize what they have in their stable and release a HUGE amount of Fab Five themed gear before the three stripes takes over.

Whats the story behind the Adidas transition by Michigan? I HATED when Kansas went Adidas. KU had some of the freshest Jordan's ever!

Whats the story behind the Adidas transition by Michigan? I HATED when Kansas went Adidas. KU had some of the freshest Jordan's ever!
It seems as if you and I were separated at birth. I loved the Jayhawks until that day! I'm one of the only people on Earth who LOVED theirVillanova game Red alts that Langford wore the matching 13's with!

I just ordered the Texas away shorts. Are these SOD or not?

Texas is an SOD school. The $60 shorts are SOD. The $45 ones, while longer than last years, are not.

Originally Posted by MPowers16

It seems as if you and I were separated at birth. I loved the Jayhawks until that day! I'm one of the only people on Earth who LOVED their Villanova game Red alts that Langford wore the matching 13's with!

i copped so much KU Nike gear when I went to visit the fam in Lawrence a couple years back...The Red jerseys were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I got a pair of the shorts but they are small as !!%+ they would be amazing in SOD but unfortunately KU lost the Villanova game so I try not toremember it too much
laugh.gif
I'm hoping they go back to Nike soon, I knowSelf was not happy with the decision to switch...
But anyways, how do the jerseys fit? should I get a size bigger? I'm thinking about getting a Budingerfor the summer
pimp.gif
And for shorts if i wear an XL/36 should I get L?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by MPowers16

It seems as if you and I were separated at birth. I loved the Jayhawks until that day! I'm one of the only people on Earth who LOVED their Villanova game Red alts that Langford wore the matching 13's with!

i copped so much KU Nike gear when I went to visit the fam in Lawrence a couple years back...The Red jerseys were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I got a pair of the shorts but they are small as !!%+ they would be amazing in SOD but unfortunately KU lost the Villanova game so I try not to remember it too much
laugh.gif
I'm hoping they go back to Nike soon, I know Self was not happy with the decision to switch...
But anyways, how do the jerseys fit? should I get a size bigger? I'm thinking about getting a Budinger for the summer
pimp.gif
And for shorts if i wear an XL/36 should I get L?
Not only did they commit an act of blasphemy by conducting an all-sports switch from their beautiful Nike gear to the Three-stripes, they dropped thegreat Western style font that they used to use for a font called Trajan that is an abomination. Check this siteout!

Back
Top Bottom