T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

smh this terrible. im mad we got hyped for nothing, these prices are the same if you have a loyalty plan, and sprint's prices are exactly the same.

A Sprint Touch Pro 2 costs $350 after a $100 MIR so, $450 out the door and I'm bound to two years of service at $99-per-month for whichI'd have to pay a penalty to get out of.

I can buy a T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 on eBay for $400, pay $80-per-month, and be free to switch carriers or hop on the next big thing (HD2/Leo or Droid or Dragonor iPhone X etc.).

Let me also remind people that these plans are meant to compete w/ the plans that are available to everyone, not legacy plans and perks.

Let me also remind people that these plans are meant to compete w/ the plans that are available to everyone, not legacy plans and perks.
Sprints basic plans smash this. Why not get a basic unlimited data plan and basically get unlimited minutes? This only benefits people who dontwant a contract.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

[qoute] why the hell is it more expensive when im locked in a contract? screw that then im breaking out of mine and doing month by month

Isn't that because you get a subsidized phone?

All of this seems very straight forward to me.

Unlimited everything on an individual is $80, but unlimited everything for 2 lines on a family is 180. %%%! doesn't make sense.
[/quote]

Uh, $80 is if you're NOT under contract. It's $140 for 2 lines on a family plan if you're NOT under contract. $180 if you are.

The plans in blue are for people willing to sign a contract for a subsidized phone. The plans in pink are for people who don't want a subsidized phone.

It's up to you to do a little math to see if it's worth your while to sign a contract. Of course, that's the way it's always been.

no it still doesnt make sense. over a 24 month period, you pay an extra 20.00 a month x 24 =480 to be in contract. that means the phone would have to be 500dollars no contract to be worth taking the 2 yr contract deal. where as with the no contract, they still allow u to break up payments free

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

for real, all these reports had me excited for some ridiculous deal. turns out to be nothing special.

word

I have the 1000min 39.99 plan with unlimited text and the Google data plan for 35.00 with unlimited data with taxes my bill ends up around $87 so with that $80unlimited everything I probably will pay the EXACT same just have unlimited talk... in which I don't even talk that much.

Boo this hype
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

VaGixxer a lil question if you can...
okay so I am out of contract this month with att and i have an unlocked phone already .....can i just switch sims to t mobile or do i have to buy a t mobile phone and then switch plans?

Yes, you be better going with the no contract even more plus.
Isn't that because you get a subsidized phone?

All of this seems very straight forward to me.

Unlimited everything on an individual is $80, but unlimited everything for 2 lines on a family is 180. %%%! doesn't make sense.

Uh, $80 is if you're NOT under contract. It's $140 for 2 lines on a family plan if you're NOT under contract. $180 if you are.

The plans in blue are for people willing to sign a contract for a subsidized phone. The plans in pink are for people who don't want a subsidized phone.

It's up to you to do a little math to see if it's worth your while to sign a contract. Of course, that's the way it's always been.

Holden has pretty much summed this up.

Leave it to the average consumer to make things more difficult than it really is.
laugh.gif

this is all black and white folks.

This is a business first and foremost that HAS TO remain profitable.

If your provided a phone for $200 that cost $499.99 that cost has to be made up somewhere and that price is made up in the contracts and your monthly rate plancharge. If not a company would consistently loose money due to customers leaving.

On the flip side if you get a phone at COST then your plans and service will be cheaper because we as a company to not have to take on that cost for you.

When you get a subsidized phone we as a company don't make a dollar of you as a customer unitl after you've after service for more than 24 months.Depending on your plan.

I think a lot of you guys that seem disappointed or frustrated are looking into it way to deep. The language to all of this is very elementary if you just readwhats been posted. You can understand why certain cost are what they are.

It's some very affordable plans in here may not for some of you but for 90% of consumers. This will give customers a all around better value than othercarriers. Not everyone has a sero plan
laugh.gif

20 dollars extra per month on a contract is more than making up for the subsidy that tmobile would be giving on a contract. its almost 500 bucks extra on a 2year contract. it makes no sense to be on a contract then. its like a way to tax people who cant afford to buy the phone outright
laugh.gif

When you get a subsidized phone we as a company don't make a dollar of you as a customer unitl after you've after service for more than 24 months. Depending on your plan.

This is similar to what I was going to post. Carriers DO NOT want to subsidize your phones, but they can't get away from it completely because so manypeople would rather pay more monthly in exchange for paying less up front.

Again, any companies from joe joe's crab shack to the tmobiles of the world understand to stay in business you have to make a profit.

It's not just about making up for the cost of a subsidy, it has to be profit in there as well.

This is similar to what I was going to post. Carriers DO NOT want to subsidize your phones, but they can't get away from it completely because so many people would rather pay more monthly in exchange for paying less up front.
Exactly, as a business it is much better for us to not give you a subsidized phone when it comes down to dollars and cents. Like Holden saidthough a very large majority of people would prefer higher monthly payments instead of higher phone cost. You can't get it both ways.

understandable, but people were making a big deal about this like it was going to be a revolutionary deal and its really nothing great.

It's nothing great for you or your particular situation.

For example: If I have a Iphone and I pay $135 a month for 1350 min unlimited text and data and I can get that for $80 bucks plus tax??? That's quite therevolution my friend.
laugh.gif

I was paying $175 before I got my iphone for unlimited everything with verizon for a treo.

Like I said for 90% of consumers this will shake up the wireless industry very much. Just because you won't see the benefit in your particular situationdoesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat.

Like with the Ps3 and 360. A lot of people go with the Ps3 simply for the free online gameplay because it's of benefit to them. I'm just trying to getsome of you to see how business have to operate everyday and you'll never be able to produce a product that appeals to everyone. It's about who canproduce a product or service that can appeal to the larger majority.

understandable, but people were making a big deal about this like it was going to be a revolutionary deal and its really nothing great.

I like where this is going, t-mobile is trying to break the status quo and make non contractual plans with outright phones the norm (which Sprint has offeredfor a long time but with sprint phones...which helps no one, and T mobile even has had for more than a year but at the same price as their normal plans).

I just think that everyone that is complaining needs to realize that they need to take a step back, realize they don't understand the industry. Then get tonotice that they're giving you great CHOICES.

The negative to this is that T mobile doesn't like their exclusive dealers to sell non tmobile phones currently... they better change this soon!

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

so if i grab the 500 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited web plan for $60 & upgrade to 9700 without adding a 2yr contract how much will the phone be?

The phone would be whatever retail price is. You can spread if over 20 months.

Thanks for the pricing info.

For everyone asking. Like I said you can do the Even more plan and get a contract or the Even more plus plans without a contract and pay retail prices for phones.

looks like I was wrong about the family plans my fault on that.

Can anyone PM me with how to unlock my Iphone??

I'm interested to see what AT&T does as far as plan pricing.

Thanks for all the props by the way.
smokin.gif
So your the amount you would pay before you leave the store would be about $100 plus tax, give or take, if you wanna grab a BB 9700 and theindividual 1000 plan without a contract. That's the 1st payment for the phone, the 1st month of service, and tax. Is that correct?

Also, for those complaining, please take a look at AT&T plans and count your blessings and stop complaining because this is honestly a pretty good deal
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

so if i grab the 500 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited web plan for $60 & upgrade to 9700 without adding a 2yr contract how much will the phone be?

For everyone asking. Like I said you can do the Even more plan and get a contract or the Even more plus plans without a contract and pay retail prices for phones.

smokin.gif
So your the amount you would pay before you leave the store would be about $100 plus tax, give or take, if you wanna grab a BB 9700 and the individual 1000 plan without a contract. That's the 1st payment for the phone, the 1st month of service, and tax. Is that correct?

Also, for those complaining, please take a look at AT&T plans and count your blessings and stop complaining because this is honestly a pretty good deal
tired.gif
Yup, your first months bill would 1st phone payment plus taxes and your charge for service. You can also always pay the phone off early ifyou'd like. If you purchase in the store then you just pay your first phone payment plus taxes to get the phone.

I just think that everyone that is complaining needs to realize that they need to take a step back, realize they don't understand the industry. Then get to notice that they're giving you great CHOICES.
Pretty much what I was saying thanks for breaking it down.
laugh.gif

smokin.gif
So your the amount you would pay before you leave the store would be about $100 plus tax, give or take, if you wanna grab a BB 9700 and the individual 1000 plan without a contract. That's the 1st payment for the phone, the 1st month of service, and tax. Is that correct?

tired.gif
Yup, your first months bill would 1st phone payment plus taxes and your charge for service. You can also always pay the phone off early if you'd like. If you purchase in the store then you just pay your first phone payment plus taxes to get the phone.

I just think that everyone that is complaining needs to realize that they need to take a step back, realize they don't understand the industry. Then get to notice that they're giving you great CHOICES.
laugh.gif

Also, I think I read the payment plans for phones are based on credit class is that correct? Thanks for the info.

smokin.gif

tired.gif
Yup, your first months bill would 1st phone payment plus taxes and your charge for service. You can also always pay the phone off early if you'd like. If you purchase in the store then you just pay your first phone payment plus taxes to get the phone.

laugh.gif

Also, I think I read the payment plans for phones are based on credit class is that correct? Thanks for the info.
Yea, meaning if your $120 class then you can only break up that amount on the cost of the phone. We're working right now to increase creditclasses for most customers before sunday.

By offering subsidized and non-subsidized plans, this will benefit people who end up buying unlocked phones from third party retailers or affiliates anyway,not to mention online.

Gixx, do you know if students will still be able to use their discounts with these new plans? And if so, how much?

Damn, some of yall sound like big babies. 500min w/ nights/weekends/m2m for $29.99 and NO CONTRACT! Theres NO other company thats offering that price.

T-Mobile - Unlimited everything - $79.99/mo. $1,919.76 over 2yrs, NO CONTRACT.

Sprint - Simply everything - $99.99/mo $2,399.76 over 2yrs. 2yr contract, $200, cancellation fee.

Verizon - Unlimited everything - $139.99/mo. $3,359.76 over 2yrs. 2yr contract, $175, cancellation fee.

AT&T - -Unlimited everything - $149.99/mo $3,599.76 over 2yrs. 2yr contract, $200, cancellation fee.

Lets get serious y'all. How can you really complain?

Family plan prices suck, I don't see any benefits from it. Everyone is better off getting individual plans.

i understand both ways.
i think everyone understands this from a business prospective, its just they were let down in terms of pricing with the way everyone hyping this.
and they should really change up the family plans. im better off sticking with what im paying right now...

Back
Top Bottom