Taxi 12's - December '13

including the 2012 and 2009 retros?
2009 white/red was better in quality of the leather. I played indoor ball in them for at least 5-6 times. the white tumble leather is softer, the snake print mud guards are thicker, and more padding inside the tongue. the 12' obsidian's leather feels cheaper. the 13' taxi's leather is just cheap and the lack of padding in the tongue caused me to unable to lace them up to the second eyelet because the side of the tongue where the stitching is will dig into my ankle. my 2004 playoff is the closest to the original in terms of quality, but in terms of shape the height of the collar was already reduced and the shape of the mud guards was reduced as well.

in terms of performance of the shoe on court, the retros perform better in my personal opinion; they are lighter than OG and holds the shape better because the cheaper/harder leather. I had the black/red & and the white/red originals back in the day. durability goes to the OG of course.

Picked these up from the SNKRS pop up today. 

First pair of 12s since the original release for me. Glad to have my feet back in these. Production Date of 07/15/13 so they held these from the last release. 

Picked these up from the SNKRS pop up today. 

First pair of 12s since the original release for me. Glad to have my feet back in these. Production Date of 07/15/13 so they held these from the last release. 
SNKRS pop up? The new Nike app?

YALL gotta stop bumping old threads just to post pickups. We have a pickup thread in the sneaker showcase.

nerd.gif

Apologies. Won't happen again. Sorry BigJ.

All good. You aren't the only one. Just causes false alarms in this restock era and if we all posted our old pickups in their dated threads then we would have a bunch of old threads brewing.

Yeah if you consider $190 + shipping and tax e retail, you have to "love" SP with their price hikes. 

Damn those are one expensive socks :smile: Dont get me wrong, if you are OK with the price, buy them, but with original release price of $170, I dont see a reason for them to bump it up to the "remastered" $190. 

Elite socks are $20? Idk I don't even wear them :lol:

Yeah I agree sp sucks with the pricing but it's the last threshold before resellers

Definitely NOT happy with the price nor having to pay $10.00 for shipping but i missed these in 2013 & the zoom air in my CDPs popped at work one day....guess what I'm trying to say is that it was $200.00 well spent

I traded my Taxis for a pair of Chicagos last month. Copped on RD and hadn't worn them yet and it dawned on me that I could live without 'em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom