Taxi 12's - December '13

why? someone who collects shoes because they mean something to them? whether they wear them or not they arent reselling them or buying them to wear for a week and then selling them to get the next release cuz its the cool thing, what do YOU call someone who collects something?

This has been a light year for me. I've Only been interested in a few random Nike/JB drops.
The Taxi XII is on my list though.
I bought the OGs (1996-97) my freshman year in college and they're still going strong.
Wore the hell out of them from Day One, too. They could easily handle being daily drivers RIGHT NOW.
In my book, XIIs will always hold TANK status.
Body. Ready.

Idk what anybody says $170 is too much. If you've collected shoes for awhile all you can think of is $120-$125-$135, $160

The more corners cut, the higher the price.

The problem is not with the $170 for the most people, the issue is with the extra $10 every year, like other folks said soon we will be looking at 2 and 1 before the other two digits and that is not a very appealing trend. 

Honestly though ....

It is what it is .. nothing you nor I can control. The only hand we can play as consumers is to not buy it. But we all know that wont happen. Like its been said before, everyone has their limits and its approaching.

My only point is ... dont complain about JB raising the price, but you find your "grail" somewhere and buy it for anything above retail (just saying) .. I know you wont find anything at retail after its released but its the principle. Someone that will complain about the price inching up every year but will drop $400 on a DS pair of space jams. Or some spent $500+ for some Yeezys or something, get what I mean

Not so much the term "collector", but the term "true". I feel like it envokes a sense of elitism and entitlement. 

Well... When you think about it, people buy shoes for different reasons, and IMHO, someone that has a true appreciation for the shoes and nothing that comes with them (e-fame, breaking necks, etc) should be "above" someone else that's is just riding along with the fad and doesn't really give a rats rear about any of this.

I'm not saying only certain people should be buying or anything along those lines, but the not all "sneakerheads" are created equally

well to me it only meant an actual collector, not anyone better than anyone else just the fact that they actually collect, not to just show off for a week or be cool for one second.

I don't care if these were $160, 170 or $125 I'm not copping because I don't like em enough. Simple as that.

See, that is a man with a reason, I would like to see more like that. Its simple, you like - you cop. You don't...well, you don't cop.

Only release left this year im not sure about, im not big on 12's but this colourway is nice. Im tempted just to leave it in the sneaker gods hands and walk in at midday and if there left in my size il cop but saying that who knows, il prob still cop early morning.

Only release left this year im not sure about, im not big on 12's but this colourway is nice. Im tempted just to leave it in the sneaker gods hands and walk in at midday and if there left in my size il cop but saying that who knows, il prob still cop early morning.
Im all in but even if i were on the fence .. i would just play it safe and grab them early, if you dont want them there will always be someone who will take them off your hands or you can just return them

Im all in but even if i were on the fence .. i would just play it safe and grab them early, if you dont want them there will always be someone who will take them off your hands or you can just return them

Yeh i feel ya, il prob do just that. Theyl sit here for a good day or two but i skipped playoffs and hate myself for doing that, so i can feel this could be the same if i skip. OK im coppin haha

Copping because 12 were my first model and I beat them to shreds.. Miss them and taxis are a hot cw and the quality looks decent

I need a solid review on if it's better to wait for these or scoop a pair of CDPs. They are going for a decent price on the usual resell places.

Back
Top Bottom