TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

man anyway know where i can get red canvas or red jewel af1...im lookign for a pair 9.5-10 thanks

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Originally Posted by 7 Paul 7

Thanks and yep those 93 lows have nylon tongues, I wish Nike still made AF1's like that how could it all have gone so wrong.

@$%# trends and+!+%!%% Nike management.

I finally painted the midsole of one Hoop Orange AF1 (waiting for it to dry). boy does it look so good
pimp.gif
pics?

More of the collection...

Black/Varsity Red "Da Nasty" - Cincinnati exclusive at Deveroes stores only
(although strangely, some were available in Europe...?)
kd225t.jpg

4ij9eo.jpg

^

for whatever reason, da nastys were a euro/can release.

i know they went on clearance in canada. not sure about europe.

They were realeased in tribute to Cincinnati.
Hence, "Da Nasty".
I think they made too many and had to disperse some quantities elsewhere.
They sold here in Cincy pretty fast.

eh.. then why has canada gotten philly and bmore AF1s that didn't drop in those cities? or the yellowish tan/brown NYC lows that were a euro exclusive? orthe canada mids that dropped in new york?

not to mention the fact that the philippines AF1 dropped in ny, sf, la, hk, singapore, sydney, amsterdam, london, paris, toronto.. basically everywherebut the philippines?

nike really doesn't make sense sometimes.

But these did drop in Cincinnati because I went and picked them
up in person. They came out in Cincinnati months before they hit
the Can-Euro markets. Overproduced if I had to guess.
Look at the "D" in the Deveroes logo and then look
at the "D" on the side of the shoe. They are meant to be a Cincy-
Deveroes exclusive. Like you said though, why does Nike release
City Exclusive in other areas? Who knows...

well, an indirect answer to that question is that we always want what we can't have.

that's why euro/cans such as the ice cube AF1s (baby blue midsole for men, pink for women) went on clearance in canada, and probably more of them were soldin new york (i know of at least 3 guys who each went up and brought back like 50 pairs at a time, and made more than one trip) for twice canadian retail..

or how co.jps are highly sought after worldwide but sit on shelves and go on sale in japan.. only to eventually end up being copped by kevinor oliver.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shoalin23jordan

Originally Posted by 7 Paul 7

Thanks and yep those 93 lows have nylon tongues, I wish Nike still made AF1's like that how could it all have gone so wrong.

@$%# trends and+!+%!%% Nike management.

I finally painted the midsole of one Hoop Orange AF1 (waiting for it to dry). boy does it look so good
pimp.gif
pics?

here you go (messed up masking job
mad.gif
, any advice to strip excess whitepaint anyone?
nerd.gif
)

It's weird to see those AF0's without a perforated toebox...
I Love AF1, won't the paint on the midsoles start to crack after a while? If not, what would keep it from doing so, the paint itself, or something you addover the paint? Interested to see how they turn out/ hold up after several wears.

Lots of nice stuff posted, congrats to all on the pickups.

hollowpoints, I used paint that bonds well with rubber. I am also interested on how it holds up after a couple of wears.

THOSE BABY BLUE HIGHS ARE UNBELIVELBALE

WE HAD THOSE DA NASTY FORCES AT OUR FOOTLOCKER IN CHICAGO WHEN THEY DROPPED

sky blue highs are out of this $%+#@$! world.

and I think I've asked this before, but spacej23, what camera do you use? your pics are nice.

hollowpoints, I used paint that bonds well with rubber. I am also interested on how it holds up after a couple of wears.

That restoration is going well

what brand paint for the midsole?

Great canvases Tibor.

I wouldn't mind a pair of those blue highs either but IMO the thing that lets the 80's AF1's down is that they are missing the back piece of raisedleather and instead use stitching to define the lines which looks kind of half assed to be honest which is a shame.

Originally Posted by The Conejo

That restoration is going well

what brand paint for the midsole?

I used

6746697.jpg

but you should be fine with any paint that bonds well with rubber.

Back
Top Bottom