TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by brickSB

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by brickSB

oli: awesome AM1s, love the mesh
mayhem: sweet bacons

for me tonight to watch the UNCW basketball game:

have a wonderful night fam!
glasses.gif

you a UNCW student?? these for me today:
I got my MBA there...I live in Wilmington for work, you know the area?

oh nice dude, I do know the area pretty well been going down there for like 10 years, have a couple friends that went to school there, and one that stayedto live, teach and surf. and i wore these again:

hi fam

as always very impressive stuff on the lat few pages

220$ for safari am1 is a really good price. even sounds like "too good to be true" ... try to get some good pics with tags and so on if you can'ttrust the sell 100%

had the chance to cop a second pair of these for a decent price so i thought why not. i think now i'll take my chance and try to wear one of them. 1998 ...so they will crack and crumble like nothing.

am95whiteantifreezeblacii7.jpg

cheers fam

Tibor - That is an excellent pick up!
220$ for safari am1 is a really good price. even sounds like "too good to be true" ... try to get some good pics with tags and so on if you can't trust the sell 100%

Word....

Chris - very nice.....how do u keep them looking so clean?
This is my 3rd time wearing them and everytime has been to someones house or stayed indoors (mall, restaurant, etc.)

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

Originally Posted by ucasta

^^^^That is the cheapest ive heard for safaris in a LONG time. don't sleep.
economy going to crap. wait till people that have been hoarding shoes to get desperate and swoop.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and tibor.....all i can say is DAMN!
pimp.gif
.....if you don't minesharing....what's a good price for those? i've yet to see the on ebay or any other sites for sale so i don't know what the recent prices are forthose.

Tibor - those antifreeze 95s are dope sir
pimp.gif

I saw a sz 11 pair sell this week on ebay for $270. I sure hope someone from the fam scooped them up
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by FrankWh1te

$220!!????!! for safaris!! good god i've been looking for over 2yrs for a sz13 and the only time i came across them dude wanted $400 for NDS(looked more like worn) so i passed, still kinda regret it cause he sold them like 2 days later but $220??? BUY THEM!!
dude, from someone who sold 3 pairs recently all size 12 and 13, they go for double that and then some. If you can grab them at $220 grab themall. I never understood what the big deal about them was but im glad i got a few pairs! Them and the atmos AM1 have definitely gone way up in price.

nice viotechs, got my huf am1s a couple weeks back, still gotta post some pics.

i also need paint for my ID 95s. anyone knwo what paint to get for the white midsoles?

^honestly, there is no answer to painting midsoles, so if you see people stating that they have, that it's done, blah blah blah...you can't completelychange the color, cuz the paint has nothing to honestly bond with...you may be able to use some kinda aerosole type of thing

splatter however, is fine if you wanna do that on the midsoles....cuz it's not as noticeable when it cracks/chips/etc, and you're only covering suchsmall areas at a time...so it's not really a lost....

Evening Fam,

Tibor - Too dope.

Warren - Very nice Urawas back there. They have a nice "pop" to them.

Chris - Nice Vios., look good w/ the chinos.

Today, nothin' exciting, no mesh, but the quality on the leather is pretty nice. I really like the eyelet, tongue, and swoosh tie-in. (Wow, I love usingcommas
laugh.gif
)

Have a great weekend all and be safe out there,
Jerrod

Originally Posted by FrankWh1te

$220!!????!! for safaris!! good god i've been looking for over 2yrs for a sz13 and the only time i came across them dude wanted $400 for NDS(looked more like worn) so i passed, still kinda regret it cause he sold them like 2 days later but $220??? BUY THEM!!

I bought them. Thanks for the help everyone. I bought them off ebay BIN from someone with over 1500 feedback and tagged pics. I will post pics when i get them.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

heads up for the fam....

your local nordstroms rack should have air max 95 hot lavas for 59.99....just a fyi, got me a set today =D...too bad they still suck but eh, 60$ and under 95s...can't say no
Someone in the Outlet thread said they picked a pair up for $29.99 from the Jacksonville outlet in New Jersey. You might want to try and see ifyou can get them over the phone. I'm not sure if the person used the friends and family going on to get it for that price though.

Originally Posted by silversurfer5400

hi fam

as always very impressive stuff on the lat few pages

220$ for safari am1 is a really good price. even sounds like "too good to be true" ... try to get some good pics with tags and so on if you can't trust the sell 100%

had the chance to cop a second pair of these for a decent price so i thought why not. i think now i'll take my chance and try to wear one of them. 1998 ... so they will crack and crumble like nothing.

am95whiteantifreezeblacii7.jpg

cheers fam

eek.gif

I dont normally say this but nike needs to retro these asap...reminds me of the indiglo XIV

and tibor.....all i can say is DAMN! .....if you don't mine sharing....what's a good price for those? i've yet to see the on ebay or any other sites for sale so i don't know what the recent prices are for those.

no problem at all. i don't have a problem to talk about what i spend on shoes.
i'm very confident with what i do and i try to make up my mind very clearly
before i buy something.
the first pair i bought i got for 329$ incl. shipping and the second was almost
what I would consider a steal. got them for 218$ shipped.
getting these was very high on my priority list and the two pairs i bought were
literally the only pairs i've ever seen up for sale (luckily both my size).
i'd say if you're a am95 fan, like i am, then at a certain point you're so happy
to find them that you're ready to pay the price.

akademikgenius: very clean safari am1 ... damn i need some warm and sunny days
weather is f'ed up over here. damn the winter
smile.gif

hey Jerrod ... hope you're doing good. leather looks nice on these am1. and
proper pic as always

airjordanjack: congrats for the pickup ... yes please post some pics when you
get them ... or do you have the link to the auction maybe?

briannnnn: damn mate these hyperblue am+ are straight fire. what a great shoe.
i really like these a lot. one day i'll have to double up on them and get a pair of
the '01 ... not yet sure whether i prefer the 1998 version with the transparent toe box
plastic part or the 2001 with the blue one. in the end it does not matter at all i
quess. and the midsole on the '01 will hold up much better. that's a fact

I dont normally say this but nike needs to retro these asap...reminds me of the indiglo XIV

a retro is not a bad idea in general. but talking am95 is talking bubble size. and
any am95 with todays bubbles is different. so maybe just leave the classics the way
they are

good night fam

Tibor, the ones I have are from '03...I dunno if there is an '01 version.

The differences in the '03 are in the clear plastic on the toe and also the midsole. The OGs had white surrounding the medial part of the air unit butthese retros have that midnight navy all over. I would've preferred the OG midsole than the retro's but the blue toecap looks nicer than that of theoriginal.

All I can say is that Air Max Pluses made in China >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Air Max Pluses made in Vietnam. Theones made in China have a better level of quality though the ones made in Vietnam actually fit more true to size.

Originally Posted by xxSC Trojanxx

Originally Posted by daaznfella

heads up for the fam....

your local nordstroms rack should have air max 95 hot lavas for 59.99....just a fyi, got me a set today =D...too bad they still suck but eh, 60$ and under 95s...can't say no
Someone in the Outlet thread said they picked a pair up for $29.99 from the Jacksonville outlet in New Jersey. You might want to try and see if you can get them over the phone. I'm not sure if the person used the friends and family going on to get it for that price though.
yea i saw that....i got mine for less than that still lol

and why all the love for the antifreezes?...i remember at least a good 3-4 years back, people were crying outrage, because they were considered a bastardizedneon 95....i personally don't like em...but then again....i'm just me lol

and yes, i know these released closed to 8 or so years ago....

Probably because they were from an era where any AM95 release was
eek.gif
And I guess it's part of the whole popularity with Air Maxes these days; when peoplecan't find their grails, they just go down the list and start going after shoes that others had previously passed up.

Nowadays I cringe when I see some of these AM95 releases...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom