TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

Hey guys, is there any way to clean up just the mesh of my Infrared 90s? Just the mesh is getting really dirty and I don't wanna do the whole washing machine thing yet.

Those Yellow Safari AM1s would be bossing if they were just Grey or black instead of the tacky print.

also boiling water method mentioned a page back for homies structures...

Originally Posted by Prez T

avngrguild - did you swap out the laces for white ones on that pair of AM2009s or did they come with white ? the only pic i had seen of them previously was this one , where both the sockliner and laces are blue

The US AM 2009's have a white sock liner and laces. Not certain if there is a blue sock liner forthcoming...

We do not belong on page 2.

Mod, good to see those AM1s of yours again.
pimp.gif

Ta Brian, i only posted them cos i quoted due to being fed up of answering the "how do i clean" question, nooffense to the person asking....

All this 2009 talk i had to wear mine today. Went to Nike, staff told me they had 3 pairs of Infa Skylines, but theyneglected to save me a pair, i expressed my displeasure to them....

Didn't take a pic, but we may as well have all the CWs inthe last 2 pages i suppose...they did look good today,sunlight glinting off the air unit, ahhhh...

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

soaked them upside down for half an hour in warm, not hot, water with washing powder dissolved in it.

Then agitated them for 5 mins, rinsed them in WARM water.

Then soaked them in the same solution for 24 hours.

Turned out brand new.

Try it.
JDMFanatic wrote:
Hey guys, is there any way to clean up just the mesh of my Infrared 90s? Just the mesh is getting really dirty and I don't wanna do the whole washing machine thing yet.

Those Yellow Safari AM1s would be bossing if they were just Grey or black instead of the tacky print.
do you have more detailed instructions? i really dont want to mess up

should i take out laces, insoles?
what kind of washing powder?
what exactly do you mean by agitate? just like splash em around or what?

and the same solution was just the same washing powder and stuff? how much should i put in?

how'd you dry 'em?

etc. etc.

sorry for not scanning the thread before, and if im asking too many q's
thanks

take out the laces
take out the insoles
you can ise any powder that is not bleach, liquid even works
agitate, scrub, dunk/splash em around

just spent an hour takin apart an iphone3g and putting it back together......ugh...

excuse my ashy ankles. lol, who else has these?

Originally Posted by crisone

Cleveland222....I saw a brief look at your collection, very nice, but I don't recall a little info about yourself.....name, location, a little explanation about your love for AM's, etc.....if you did, my apologies, but would like to see it again, post pics again also, just with your pics and how much you add in here, you have my "Stamp Of Approval", but just want to come correct and get other Fam Members votes.

Thanks, peace.

Cris.
Cris & Fam:

First off, can't say enough about this thread as it always contains great pictures, posts, and info. I check it daily, at minimum, but I generally readmuch more than I post. I'm from Cleveland Ohio, and have been into shoes since I was young. The first pair I "had to have" were the JordanIV's when I was 10 years old, and somehow convinced my Dad to buy them for me. I ran track from around 4th grade through highschool, and you wouldn'tever catch me in anything but the newest Air Max's. I always loved having the newest, freshest sneakers in the hall, and on the track. I did landscaping,and delivered pizzas to feed my habit.

I remember seeing the AM1 in the store for the first time, and pushing on the air unit, but what really floored me was when I first saw the Air Burst, withthe HUGE air bubble that looked like it was going to pop any minute, and the clear plastic all the way around the back of the shoe. That shoe completelystunned me when I first saw it, and is still one of the most amazing to me. Mostly, the shoes that I had, or made an impression on me growing up are still myfavorites, and have a special place in my heart. The IV is, without a doubt, the most beautiful Jordan, and the Burst is probally my favorite shoe period.

This thread has really made me appreciate the 90, and the 1. I guess the simplicity, and timlessness of those designs have really grown on me since Istarted checking this thread. Anyway, enough rambling....here are pictures of most my AM's.

Now these....... an AM FAM Member is directly responsible for. I had been drooling over pictures of them on-line for awhile, but when I saw them on Cory'stable at the Cleveland's Got Sole Event last year I absolutely had to have them. Beautiful shoe.

And, not a runner, but an Air Max none the less....what I happened to wear today. Love these....can't forget the "Fab Five" rockin em back inthe day.

And, while I'm in here pleading my case: THESE ARE NOT MINE!!!
PLEASE HIT ME UP IF YOU KNOW OF THESE BELOW IN AN SIZE 11-12.
You would get an eternally gratefull friend for life, in return.

Here's a little bonus for any Vintage / Agassi fan; my tennis gear for when the wife and I play.

while rockin these...

or these....

And here's the video again, that was posted a few pages back of my table at the Cincinnatti Sneaker Showcase this past weekend.
As you can see, I have love for all sneakers.

Everyone in here....Keep doin what you do, and makin this the best thread on NT. Thank you!

-Andrew-

cleveland - nice bursts ! and im with you about the orange ones , would absolutelykill for a pair . btw theres a pair of bursts in the white/royal blue colorway in sz 11 on ebay if you or anyone in TeamAMFam are intereted

^

great burst collection, but people are going to yell at you for the AF Maxes and the tech challenges.

but yo..

people actually say "air unit" now? somewhere, an alleged nike employee who posts self important name dropping posts all the time is smiling.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

^

great burst collection, but people are going to yell at you for the AF Maxes and the tech challenges.
Thanks, but like I said, I have love for all sneakers. Thought people might appreciate the Agassi stuff, and what I happened tobe wearing today. If not, I'm a big boy; I can handle some "yelling."
wink.gif
It was a kind of a "get to know me" thread anyway. Not what I'd typically post in here.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

^

but yo..

people actually say "air unit" now? somewhere, an alleged nike employee who posts self important name dropping posts all the time is smiling.
lol i remember that post.....we should just say "bubble"...it'll be a amfam thing....hahhahahhahhhah

What up Fam.....

Prez...dope vid. I need those AM1s baaad. Hopefully Im in the process of a deal where I can end up with a pair.

avngrguild...I have the Volt 2K9s, but those Sapphires are calling me.

Cleveland222...nice Burst collection. I agree, Im a sucker for wrap around air units. You got my vote.

cleveland def gets my vote ,hes got some in there that i want/need
good stuff fam

beater skylines for a rainy day up here in NOVA

Cleveland - Great collection, I love to see people who are passionate/crazy about a certain shoe model.... good stuff!

Originally Posted by daaznfella

laugh.gif
If your referring to the ashy ankle's, are boyee outin the NY does...
roll.gif

and If your talking bout' the Nike's.....not me
ohwell.gif

*Air Max History Tee- 250421035171

Originally Posted by daaznfella

take out the laces
take out the insoles
you can ise any powder that is not bleach, liquid even works
agitate, scrub, dunk/splash em around

just spent an hour takin apart an iphone3g and putting it back together......ugh...

What Daaz said.

And Daaz, i want them, did you know that material first got used by the makers of Star Trek, good gear.

Cleveland, your burst collection is nice, that white/navy/red pair is the TRUTH, I would do terrible things for a pair of those. Bursts are my favorite shoealso. I will definitely keep an eye out for safety oranges in your size as I search. good stuff.

Andrew (Cleveland),

Cool info you got there, Shady's, DQM's, Drury's..........very nice, you have my "Stamp Of Approval"

Fam???

Peace.

Cris.

Damn, Jibby - those pics make me wanna snag those Flywire 90s.

Cleveland, you have my vote!

Avgrguild, thanks for officially pushing me into beast mode for those Blue AM09s....lol. Sick pics!

Here are pics of the new Air Max Tailwind 2010 - pics from KATC & NTer jeffgdula in another thread...

34zi0xw.jpg

2lk2m82.jpg

23u55av.jpg

23u55av.jpg

1hyqu8.jpg

rmpu0j.jpg

Seems like Nike is slowly giving a damn to the Tailwind line again.

Considering how I see 2749128391642795 people rocking the Air Max Turbulences, I think these will appeal to the general consumer; both have thatinteresting-looking air unit/bubble/chamber in the heel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom