TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gooeywooey

thanks for the comments guys. i actually bought those back in 2001 in Cardiff - they were a JD Sports exclusive. (fyi, JD have been knockin' out exclusives since '89 if my memory serves me right... pretty impressive!)
What would it take for you to part ways with those beauties?

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

thanks for the comments guys. i actually bought those back in 2001 in Cardiff - they were a JD Sports exclusive. (fyi, JD have been knockin' out exclusives since '89 if my memory serves me right... pretty impressive!)

I wouldn't so couldn't think of a price. What size are you anyway? These are 9.5. They're not impossible to find (but nearly!). Justin found an11.5 and I think I've seen a 9 or 8.5 on ISS.

Dan - cool! I can't wait to see them in the flesh. That's a very good price too.

Yeah it seems everyone I know that leaves the SW ends up coming back, or at least seriously miss it. NY's gonna be amazing though. Definitely a worthysubstitute. How long you planning on staying out there?

those navy/orange 98's are so serious, i love the navy/maize colorway the best but i'm really really glad i stumbled on that pair....especially for theprice i paid.
grin.gif

i would sell my soul to see a catalog or something that shows all of the exclusives JD's had over their years being in business.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

I slept on some of the all grey 98s with blue swoosh. One of those pairs that got away, price wasn't too bad either, I'd pay it in a flash now.

Gooey - Only got a 1 year contract initially but the suggestion seems to be that it'll go on longer if I want it to. I'd like to do 3 years I think,but obviously that seems pretty abstract right now.

Bored playing on i.d., but i like these.

Black or grey lining would have made them better though i think.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

I wouldn't so couldn't think of a price. What size are you anyway? These are 9.5. They're not impossible to find (but nearly!). Justin found an 11.5 and I think I've seen a 9 or 8.5 on ISS.
I could probably squeeze a 10 but not a 9.5. I could use that 11.5. never thought of ISS, their search feature is horrible. Maybe I should tryagain. Don't see many 98s in any color these days.

^^ whats the name of those? style code?
pimp.gif
, darnit there was a pair up on ebay awhile ago but now i can't find it
smh.gif

Gooey -- sick '98s.

UFB - Nice lights
pimp.gif
, a very underrated AM in my opinion. I was actuallyjust admiring them in an old Eastbay yesterday ('96/'97 was a GOOD time, haha).

Originally Posted by neukicks

^^ whats the name of those? style code?
pimp.gif
, darnit there was a pair up on ebay awhile ago but now i can't find it
smh.gif

I have a size 10 up for sale (with the original box) if you're interested (or anyone for that matter)
3717189087_0b192a96eb.jpg

HEY AM FAM ! ! ! Ive been a lurker and sometimes a contributer to this thread for over 4 years, and I finallydecided to make an application to join the team. My name is Tyler but my friends call me T.O. (initials), I live in Northern California, wine country to be more specific. Ivebeen an NT member since '05 back when I was just 15, now I'm 19, going to school at the local JC. I first got into Air Maxes a couple years ago when I was running track on my high school team,before that I only rocked Jordans haha. Anywho, Im a size 9.5 and like alotta people, my favorite AM is the AM 95. I dont have the biggest collection ofAM's but i think that I have some good stuff mixed in, oh and im Japanese BTW, if that matters

these are just some pics that i found in my saved pics folder

my official gym shoes
smile.gif

370654579.jpg

366553938.jpg

367661902.jpg

370654582.jpg

370261775.jpg

370184731.jpg

354264780.jpg

370654585.jpg

do spiridons count? dont think so but oh well
370404222.jpg

***bonus pic***
my dog snoozin in the background HAHA
370184125.jpg

Originally Posted by neukicks

^too small
frown.gif
, now that i look at UFB's, those may have been the ones on that site....

on what site? i picked these up about a year ago at a mom and pop shop out here in l.a.

thanks btw guys
pimp.gif

good stuff ^up there... urawas are looking dope i need a cleaner pair... next up urawa team am fam tees?
pimp.gif
lol

UFB - Those Max Light 3 look stunning. A top pair. There's a couple of pairs (going cheap) on Napsize if anyone is searching. Too small for me.

pUreRetr05 - Insole is the same on '09 and HOA.

Agreed, those AM Light IIIs are beautiful. I'd love a pair.

Justin - Didn't you wreck a pair in the washing machine?!?!

Originally Posted by UKBased

pUreRetr05 - Insole is the same on '09 and HOA.

Are you sure? I could've sworn the HOA insoles were specially done. They're the same but red in my HOA '87s. Anything before and after would justbe the straightforward logo style.

An old comparison pic of mine:
2264710003_f35537b5ef.jpg

Dan - sounds good. I'm sure that 1st year will fly by!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

Do you guys know if the insole on the 09 Neon 95s the same insole as the HOA Neon 95s?

Yes. It's the same insole.

Anyone know if the QS AM1s are going cheap anywhere in the UK? <y ,others offered to send me some over to Oz. Ta inadvance.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Do you guys know if the insole on the 09 Neon 95s the same insole as the HOA Neon 95s?

Anyone know if the QS AM1s are going cheap anywhere in the UK? <y ,others offered to send me some over to Oz. Ta in advance.

My bad
embarassed.gif
. I find that pretty odd though, Why only just re-use thatdesign now?

Retail on the QS 1s is £85 here, so even with shipping included you'd be better off importing from the US.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Anyone know if the QS AM1s are going cheap anywhere in the UK? <y ,others offered to send me some over to Oz. Ta in advance.

My bad
embarassed.gif
. I find that pretty odd though, Why only just re-use that design now?

Retail on the QS 1s is £85 here, so even with shipping included you'd be better off importing from the US.
Dunno, but they did. 1s release here next week so i'll cop here ta.

bigred- good stuff
glasses.gif
I have a pair of them safari's, thematerials used are awesome imo.....especially that buttery smooth suede used on the tongue
tongue.gif
and if Nike would've stuck with the og toe box, shape &form....I'd probably wear my pair a whole lot more.

What brand paint did you use to custom them 90's, and hows that area holding up?

tak- yea man i think the safari's are an underappreciated shoe. i just don't know what to use to clean them. would jason markk work onthese also? anyone?
i used liquitex acrylic paint, and mixed a little acetone with it. it's holding up pretty well. i haven't had to make any touch ups yet :crossesfingers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom