TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Bday pick up you got there ....hope you bought a second pair just incase that stripping doesn't work out. lol

thanks Cris, Ron, & Won....
laugh.gif
@ Mr. "Heads Up"

Ron - turned 27 today, btw...u gotta start getting in on these sunday/monday NFL wagers too
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

i'm not gonna go through with the dremel process to strip the patent and then try to get a suede-like finish, don't know how well that would turn outwith the stitched areas....just gonna use some acetone and strip the shiny layer off to leave it with just a smooth leather finish.....Thanks for the tipsV
smokin.gif

from ebay....ehhh....not a fan....
ohwell.gif

justin, are those the DQM 90 currents? they looked much better in pics... is the brown that dark? materials good? comfy? how much!?

laugh.gif

denverairforce wrote:
tak, is there a site or program that makes those gradient signatures? need to hook up a nice rockies sig for the post-season.

http://www.tektek.org/color/

hmmm...those DQM Hybrids dont look too bad...I see the 3M tag on em, where's the 3M at?

Justin post some pics after you strip the patent..if it comes out right I might want to pick up a pair
nerd.gif

^ damn....wth happened to them bacon esque currents? SMH they went from okay- alright-%$* is that buffed leather
nerd.gif

happy belated bday to Mayhemgatz!

and im going to be hated on but those 95/97/360 hybrids are atrocious to me
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif

Uh....the DQM's looked better on Highsnobiety, etc., I have to actually see the in person to decide.

Cris.

Shaun - no doubt....i'm gonna hit a hardware store soon and see if i can get it done asap.
Airon - thanks fam

another pic....kinda makes them look slightly better, i like the red tongue but i wish they would have kept it suede instead of changing to leather and keptthat back piece brown with red writing....

max90crt_f-570x427.jpg

original sample...

dqm-nike-sportswear-air-max-current-huarache-1.jpg

Originally Posted by s dubl

denverairforce wrote:
tak, is there a site or program that makes those gradient signatures? need to hook up a nice rockies sig for the post-season.
http://www.tektek.org/color/

hmmm...those DQM Hybrids dont look too bad...I see the 3M tag on em, where's the 3M at?

Justin post some pics after you strip the patent..if it comes out right I might want to pick up a pair
nerd.gif

SDUBL- Maybe the Brown area got the 3M treatment? Definitely have to see these up close.

Justin - nice pickup. I really like those minus the patent and air minimum midsole. I'm interested to see how they turn out.

how many versions of those DQMs are there!?!?! I'd like to see them in person but brown and pink are not my favorite colors. I'd like to see that shoein a simple maize colorway though...

Mayhemgatz - Happy Birthday!

Currents look interesting, not what I though... like s dubl i had no clue there was 3M on the shoe, what parts?... i kind of want a pair now
laugh.gif

hey AM fam... i was wondering if yall can kick me some knowledge. Why are air max's so expensive in europe?

BWT happy bday mayhem.

Thanks guys, appreciating all the love.
glasses.gif

Greg - dope lights....and it's coming soon
nerd.gif

Sling - dope pickups dude
pimp.gif

Arisorous - it's the currency conversion that makes the EU releases more expensive for us U.S. folk...retailrelatively stays the same, just in different currencies.

...just came back from the hardware store, copped that DS acetone. Gonna do a small area as a test before i leave work...then finish it up later if i'm nottoo inebriated
embarassed.gif

Happy BDAY Justin! BTW for the patent are you going to strip? I seen another person use spray matte varnish on his patent leather AM90 on ISS before that tookaway the sheen

thanks KVN, i'm going with the acetone method. just tried it on the inside heel area....worked well...kinda took off some midsole paintslightly since i was rushing and being careless but that's what i get lmao

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Thanks for the tips V
smokin.gif
anytime, too bad it'll sitll be like, plasticy, that dremel idea would be dope, but you're right about the stitching....you could justavoid the area, or chuck it up as a L if you do go over the stitching, and processed to reglue the shoe back...i'm just sayin...

i think i would only mess with those 90 hybrids in the red only for cheap....just bought some carmine jordans off of craigslist today so that burned ahole...but 160$....and i actually like em....so yea that was ok........

I tried on the Parra's today and was not feeling them on my feet. It's a nice shoe, but an easy pass. Damn shoe came with 2 extra packs of laces. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom