TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey cris...those 95s you have for sale...whats the ball park price for them?...i like them but have yet to see them in my size, year of release?

Yes BG, Fosters is Auatralian, nice drop that.
Mayhem, post piccies of the 95s if you tale the patent off please.

Today, you know it:

recycled

Went to FL and found some Kids 90s, black with patterned mesh and pink swoosh, gold stars on the tongue. Any fam withyoung daughters need to see these in person, damn hot. 345017 062

Also saw some new Max Airs, but they aren't on the net yet, will post a pic when i find one. All white with light todark blue fade accents, really big, FL exclusive they say, and i think most of you will go nuts over them. OG looking shoe. 389656 100

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Arisorous - it's the currency conversion that makes the EU releases more expensive for us U.S. folk...retail relatively stays the same, just in different currencies.

I used to think that but then I visited JD website and their air force 1 are priced at 60 pounds while their air max 90 are 90 pounds. Over here AF1 and AM90are the same price almost. Even a pair of premium AF1 which is typically $125 over here is only 70 pounds on their site.

Originally Posted by nrg1604

Arisorous - it's the currency conversion that makes the EU releases more expensive for us U.S. folk...retail relatively stays the same, just in different currencies.

I used to think that but then I visited JD website and their air force 1 are priced at 60 pounds while their air max 90 are 90 pounds. Over here AF1 and AM90 are the same price almost. Even a pair of premium AF1 which is typically $125 over here is only 70 pounds on their site.
duh!?!? hahah thnx guys.

cris... wat do u do rockin scrubs?

whattup fAM
sling those AM90s look lovely
pimp.gif

I used to think that but then I visited JD website and their air force 1 are priced at 60 pounds while their air max 90 are 90 pounds. Over here AF1 and AM90 are the same price almost. Even a pair of premium AF1 which is typically $125 over here is only 70 pounds on their site.
seems to me that air max is a whole lot more popular than af1 in the UK/Europe. that could be why AM's cost more than the forces in general.

I beg to differ Mayhem, you see a pair of AM90's is about 130-140 EU over here, retail. While (correct me if I'm wrong) in the US retail tends to bebetween 90 and 100 bucks.
Now, even if the currency would be stable (like, say, a few years ago) you would still be paying more for a pair of AM90's in EU than in the US.
I think it has to do with popularity; runners are to Europeans what Nike Bball / JB is to Americans; if I look at retail on Jordans in the US (also assumingUSD is at its "old strength") it is more expensive than here in EU.
Well, that's my theory at least.

Oh and Mayhem, watch out for the stitching when you take that Dremel to the AM95's
wink.gif
Good luck!

Originally Posted by arisorous

duh!?!? hahah thnx guys.

.............Central Supply/Distribution at a County Hospital, we have to wear scrubs because we deliver to all the units within the hospital, sometimes when Iwear my regular clothes, and I'm taking things out of the Laceration Cart, Nurses start to trip out thinkin' a patient is stealin things, then I turnaround, then they notice it's me.

Cris.

Originally Posted by brickSB

Mic!!! Hope all is well with wifey and deja....Lucy sends her love!
Originally Posted by micmorales

no offence to that infra 90s pic BUT anyone save OLI's infrared 90s comparison pics?
PAOW!

Whats a good way to take the paint off of the inner lining of the air unit of the recent 90's to make them look like the 90's Pre 2005? The only wayNike does it now is if they have the two piece like on the Ostrich Infrared 90's. Thats what makes the 90's for me, is have that white inner of the airunits, it looks tough.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

No problem dazzaaaaaaa....

Tonight, picked up a new nano and a new digi camera.

Whats a good price on these 1's ? Sole Stop on ebay wants 199 plus shipping. Too much of course. What would be a decent offer?

Originally Posted by illphillip

Mayhem, I got your PM. I'll work on my skills. But remember, you asked for this.......HA!
hwi9s7.jpg
Still looking for this Orange 95 in a Size 10. Anyone? Ive been searching forever. Only place I found them is on I S S, but they are beat.

ThaDoogal23 wrote:
Tak - i've been keeping my head down spent a fortune in july / august so had to take a month off and catch up with some bills and stuff but back now

And these are indeed a problem:

b3a35bfbe2ac57e815ce351b6e0a1ba25570e43.pjpg

56b35a95e72a511a16c9335a6935ce26b1080f2.pjpg

If I could figure out how to take the paint off the inner lining where the air unit so it is white, I would love to get this pair. Very Nice!

Originally Posted by El Bro

Whats a good way to take the paint off of the inner lining of the air unit of the recent 90's to make them look like the 90's Pre 2005? The only way Nike does it now is if they have the two piece like on the Ostrich Infrared 90's. Thats what makes the 90's for me, is have that white inner of the air units, it looks tough.
happy.gif

I think painting would be alot easier/safer than removing the paint. Atleast you can control the lines
I did that to my pair of ID's
Before

After

Saw these old ID's in my photobucket. Damn! I regret selling them

Sup Fam!

NRG & Lex - thanks for the clarification
embarassed.gif

Cris - dope LAF's....although that's my least favorite of the set, they are still
pimp.gif

Chris - niiiice job, that little adjustment really makes a lot of difference....makes the air unit seem much larger. imight have to do that to some of my 90's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by crisone

Originally Posted by arisorous

duh!?!? hahah thnx guys.

.............Central Supply/Distribution at a County Hospital, we have to wear scrubs because we deliver to all the units within the hospital, sometimes when I wear my regular clothes, and I'm taking things out of the Laceration Cart, Nurses start to trip out thinkin' a patient is stealin things, then I turn around, then they notice it's me.

Cris.
nice... i would probably think the same thing if i ever saw a person in street clothes on a cart..."+#@ are u doing?"
laugh.gif
but here in LA they usually wear lab coats instead.

Chris - niiiice job, that little adjustment really makes a lot of difference....makes the air unit seem much larger. i might have to do that to some of my 90's
laugh.gif
Yeah, that is what Ive been wanting to see. Someone finally did it. I guess it gives it the illusion of a bigger air unit.
smile.gif
It looks so muchbetter. So Chris, You painted the inner, white, or took all the brown paint off then repainted, leaving the inner unpainted? Im sorry, just confused.

I used a q-tip/nail polish remover to just strip a lil bit of the gloss (paint will stick better) on the inner and painted it white

good stuff fam.
both those iDs are sick battleground. how's the paint holding up on the midsole? the pair I kept on ice for a year cracked like crazy once I wore them,while the others I wore right away are just fine.
anyhow these today for me thanks to Sir James!

also have a sick pickup on the way from the '03 era..
devil.gif

Originally Posted by battleground03

I used a q-tip/nail polish remover to just strip a lil bit of the gloss (paint will stick better) on the inner and painted it white

What kind of paint did you use?

I just had to break these out today, tried to toss some regular flat laces in them but they didnt look rite. Keeping these just the way they are.

Wore these today.

I don't even like these shoes but the general populace does - I received three compliments
roll.gif
roll.gif

f702537600c5d5cd84963a46b9617a8956f061f.jpg

FAM!

tak: those are beautiful, excellent job bud!
smokin.gif

not a MAX but this has me excited for all the possibilities...the 7D was just out of my range, plus I need it for my trip next weekend
also scored some new glass for it
3993804343_d0e24e14c5_o.jpg

3994565268_d545a39e54_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom