Team USA Mini-Camp Roster

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Juice Roy, Durant, and Granger on the '10/'12 teams
pimp.gif

Very likely will replace Redd, Kidd, Prince

laugh.gif
Oden though...

and most people here are hyping up one-on-one players, which doesn't really work in international play. I thought most of you guys would know better by theway the USA team looked in Beijing, but some people just don't get it I guess.

I wish D Rose can make it but the PG position is stacked as it is = CP, D Will, Wade (?)...

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

laugh.gif
Oden though...

and most people here are hyping up one-on-one players, which doesn't really work in international play. I thought most of you guys would know better by the way the USA team looked in Beijing, but some people just don't get it I guess.
In their toughest game...it was the "one on one" guys who won the game for the team

ME8s just getting off an injury, so no surprise hes not there.

KD & Roy

no Pooh? Pooh, CP, and DWill wouldve been
pimp.gif

IMO, you have to replace 5 from the active 2008 roster before 2012. I was under the impression that we get in the '12 Olympics automatically because we wonthe gold in '08. The '10 Worlds are not that important and can be used as a tune-up. If I am wrong and we need the '10 Worlds to get in, then thesechanges should be made this summer.

C Boozer / David Lee put his hard hat on & work
K Bryant / Kevin Durant Scoring
J Kidd / Derrick Rose Don't need a statesman
T Prince / Andre Iguodola Defense
M Redd / Danny Granger 3pt shooting keeps getting better

The only problem I have is leaving off Roy for Granger, so they are interchangeable.

Again, if I am Colangelo, I do this.

I only see KD and B-Roy making the squad. Granger, Rose, and K-Love have an outside shot at it.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

No Monta Ellis? No Beasley?

Bayless over Mario Chalmers?
In a setting where he can play his game...Bayless is 10X more talented than Chalmers.

And these invites are largely influenced by specific talents and coaching recommendations. They aren't necessarily out to find the BEST 25 young guys in the league.
more talented yes...but he cant run a team or pass.

chalmers is a winner

why don't we take the worlds seriously?

to every other nation, that tournament is more valuable than the olympics. it's like the world cup to them.

BUMP

starts next week...

[h2]Minicamp roster filling out for Vegas[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

Unsettled contract situations will keep David Lee,Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Glen "Big Baby" Davis from taking part in TeamUSA's minicamp in Las Vegas next week.

The tentative roster now stands at 23 after invitations were extended to Anthony Randolph of Golden State and EricGordon of the Los Angeles Clippers.

The team will assemble Wednesday with coach Mike Kryzyewski, who has agreed to coach Team USA at the 2010 World Championship in Turkey and the 2012 Olympicsin London, and will practice Thursday and Friday under the direction of Toronto Raptors coach Jay Triano before holding a public scrimmage Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center.

As of Friday, the other camp attendees are TrevorAriza (Houston), .J. Augustin (Charlotte)Jerryd Bayless (Portland), Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver and Paul Millsap (Utah), Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), Rudy Gay and O.J. Mayo (Memphis), Danny Granger (Indiana), Blake Griffin (L.A. Clippers), Devin Harris and Brook Lopez (New Jersey), Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young (Philadelphia), Kevin Love (Minnesota), Greg Oden (Portland), Derrick Rose (Chicago) and Josh Smith (Atlanta).

Team USA director Jerry Colangelo told ESPN.com earlier this year that he has received verbal commitments in February from all eight core members of theBeijing Olympic team -- LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Deron Williams -- to play for the U.S. next summer inTurkey.

If those commitments hold, the 23 players in Las Vegas will be competing for the final four spots in the 12-man roster -- and the current economic climatewill effectively squeeze away any chance of going to Turkey for the four withdrawing players. Lee and Davis are restricted free agents and remain unsigned,while Roy and Aldridge are eligible for lucrative contract extensions from the Trail Blazers later this summer. Additionally, Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo of Boston have declined invitations due to thetiming of Perkins' upcoming wedding.

FIBA's World Championship, the equivalent of soccer's World Cup, has not been won by the United States since 1994 when the so-called Dream Team IIwas anchored by Shaquille O'Neal, Reggie Miller and Dominique Wilkins.

The U.S. finished third in Athens in 1998 (when the NBA lockout kept pro players from competing), sixth in Indianapolis in 2002 and third in Saitama, Japan,in 2006.

Chris Sheridan is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Griffin and Gordon reppin' the Clips.
pimp.gif

But damn, 23 players competing for only 4 spots?

Rondo skipping out for a wedding that isn't his?
laugh.gif

Korver needs to be on this team. Him, Durant, one of Rose, Mayo and Harris and one of Lopez, Love and Griffin.

Edit: Hell, I don't know.

Paul/Deron
Kobe/Wade
LeBron/Carmelo
Bosh
Howard

Durant is there for sure. Maybe you take two of the big men, and one combo guard.

Man, this is a solid opportunity for AR to learn from some other good young players...and more importantly, away from GSW for a bit of time.

Back
Top Bottom