Tebow = Heisman Winner

Yo, I hate Tim Teabag as much as anyone....But, you cant deny that he has been one of the top 3 players this year....So, bump all the sophomore %!##....Dudedeserves it if he get's it...

Dixon's Touchdown Runs:

80 Yards
9 Yards
1 Yard
1 Yard
1 Yard
1 Yard
13 Yards
2 Yards
39 Yards (w/ torn ACL)

Dixon benefited from having backs like Jonathan Stewart, Jeremiah Johnson, and Andre Crenshaw behind him. He didn't need to run all of those short ones in.Anybody who watched Dixon at the helms of Oregon's offense knows that he was the best player in 2007. He consistently lead that offense to points and,again, made the Oregon Ducks a national title contender.

^I have to agree that if he finished the season he would have won the Heisman but as everyone knows a Heisman winner must play the whole season.

My initial vote would have been Dixon, but with his season cut short, it has to be Tebow next.

Yes, he's a sophomore, and I along with others couldn't see a sophomore winning college football's most prestigiousindividual player award; but, Tebow's numbers speak for themselves. If not Tim Tebow, I don't see a clear, cut 1b. Arguments can be made for McFadden,Daniel, White, and even Brennan.

1. McFadden
2. Tebow

That's how it should be right now.
Tebow has put up nice numbers this year and was a one-man show in the redzone.
McFadden has split carries with a future sunday player in Felix Jones and still amassed over 2000 all-purpose yards.
You can argue for both sides, but McFaddens been doing it for two years now. Tebow couldnt even put Chris Leak out of a starting job.

3. It's a toss-up. If Daniel puts up a good game in a win vs Oklahoma, it'll be him.
If Colt goes absolutely bananas in a huge win vs UW, it'll be him. Same scenario for White.

Tebow couldnt even put Chris Leak out of a starting job
You have no idea what your talking about.

QB: Tim Tebow, Florida (So.)

ncf_u_tebow_200.jpg

Jason Parkhurst/US Presswire

Tim Tebow showed this season that he's equally adept at running and passing.
West Virginia's Pat White finished a close second. His intelligence andability to read defenses are vastly underrated. But that's a different discussion for a different time. Dennis Dixon (Oregon) and Matt Ryan (Boston College) also were on the short list. At the end of the day, though, Tebowhas quite simply been the most dominant player at any position in college football this season.
He is a one-of-a-kind player. He brings fullback size, tailback running skills and linebacker toughness to the quarterback position. I will be the first toadmit I never imagined Tebow developing as a passer this quickly. Sure, Urban Meyer's system gives him a lot of easy reads and open receivers with whom towork. However, you don't finish the regular season ranked second nationally in passing efficiency unless you're making excellent decisions and accuratethrows. Tebow is doing both as a true sophomore. Looking for a couple examples? Try these:

Signature play(s):
• A 49-yard completion to wide receiver Percy Harvin with 3:51 remaining in thethird quarter versus Tennessee. Working off the zone-read fake, Tebow drilled a strike 44 yards in the air, hitting Harvin in stride. The Vols had them pinneddeep, and Tebow delivered the backbreaker from his own end zone.

• Tebow's 30-yard completion to wide receiver Andre Caldwell with 8:12remaining in the second quarter versus South Carolina. It wasn't one of his seven touchdowns (five rushing, two passing) in that game, but it was a greatexample of his advancement as a passer, nonetheless. He read Cover 2, showed patience in the pocket, got rid of the ball on time and fit it into a tight window(between the corner and safety) where only Caldwell could make the catch.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Yall dudes act like Tebow is doing making 15 yard runs into the end zone. Dude is getting them Jerome Bettis candy touchdown and yall wanna give him the Heisman.

Exactly.

Actin' like he has far more talent than other candidates, just because he racks up these goal line TDs...
eyes.gif

Since the majority of you have probably watched like ONE Mizzou game this year, I'll let you know that Daniel is a damn good scrambler, in his own right.He's had his share of 20+ yard runs, too, and he can take it in at the goal line, just as Tebow does. The difference is... Daniel has Temple at RB andMaclin, Rucker, Coffman, Alexander, etc at WR/TE... He isn't required to be the entire goal line offense. You can't penalize him for having moreweapons than Tebow. Mizzou is also considered a pass-first offense, so bringing up the fact that Tebow threw more TDs in however many attempts less doesn'tdo much, either. He has been amazingly efficient during the second half of the season. 40 for 49 against KU... Are you kiddin' me? The Jayhawks had the #2ranked scoring defense in the nation, going into last weekend's game, and Chase picked them apart. If you're gonna start saying that McFadden did yaddayadda against LSU, the #1 team, then you've got to mention what Daniel did against the #2 team in Kansas. Daniel has led his team to one of the greatestseasons in Mizzou history, while Florida isn't even having a season that is up to par with what we expect from the Gators. I just think that Chase is muchmore deserving, even as of now. If we go in and beat Oklahoma, that's the icing on the cake.

Leading your team to the national title > Setting some record that Tebow has managed to do. Look at Brennan, he sets records, too.
eyes.gif

40 for 49 against KU... Are you kiddin' me? The Jayhawks had the #2 ranked scoring defense in the nation, going into last weekend's game, and Chase picked them apart. If you're gonna start saying that McFadden did yadda yadda against LSU, the #1 team, then you've got to mention what Daniel did against the #2 team in Kansas. Daniel has led his team to one of the greatest seasons in Mizzou history, while Florida isn't even having a season that is up to par with what we expect from the Gators. I just think that Chase is much more deserving, even as of now. If we go in and beat Oklahoma, that's the icing on the cake.
smh.gif
You talking bout " are you kidding me " like they wasplaying against the patriots defense or something.. Maybe ku was #2 ranked and good scoring defense because they played a bunch of nobodies just like Mizzoudid. Just take a look @ the level of competition Tebow dominated vs. who "McDaniel"
laugh.gif
played.. I like dude but come on He did NOT have a better year than tebow not even close.. saying they beat the #2 team holds no weight consideringthat team was KANSAS who were just a good team away from an L which happened like everybody expected. And mentioning what Dmac did against LSU hold TONS moreweight than what Daniel did against "#2" Kansas... If dmac wins thats understandable, but not Daniel, no way

You can't penalize him for having more weapons than Tebow.
You CANNOT be serious.. His RB may be better, but no way does he have more weapons than tebow

Dont underestimate Brennan.

I do think Tebow will win it but...

Although he has thrown a lot of interceptions his stats have been very good other than that although his conference suck, but never the less he is VERYvaluable and his team is undefeated.

You are crazy if you dont think Darren McFadden is going to win it. He is with no doubt the best player in college football. The guy plays runningback,quarterback and sometimes wide receiver. He craps on Timmy TeaBag.

get that mop Brennan out of here. he threw 5 INTs in one game... Brady Leaf hasn't even done that. i never want to hear his name and "heisman"again.

Wow the hate for Tebow is strong, against common SEC opponents Tebow has outperformed McFadden so really there is no competition. I just have a sneaky feelingthat if Mizzou somehow beats Oklahoma, the voters will give it to him just because of the "Tebow will have another opportunity to win it next year"sentiment.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Wow the hate for Tebow is strong, against common SEC opponents Tebow has outperformed McFadden so really there is no competition. I just have a sneaky feeling that if Mizzou somehow beats Oklahoma, the voters will give it to him just because of the "Tebow will have another opportunity to win it next year" sentiment.

mcdaniel is just as deserving as tebow. and i'm almost positive he will win. people don't give mizzou credit because they haven't seen themplay except once, which was more than likely last week. i live in saint louis and have had the opportunity to see nearly all of mizzou's home games thisyear, there is a reason they're the number one team in the country, chase daniel being a huge part of that. there's no somehow to mizzou beatingoklahoma. they're playing on a neutral field, and will walk away with a victory by at least a touchdown. i'm a die-hard illini fan, mizzou is one ofour biggest sports rivals...i would never in a million years defend them if i didn't think they would win.

that being said, chase daniel...not daniels, for the ******s out there...will win the heisman.

Wow...I'm really surprised woth most of the responses in here....I guess people really do hate florida that much...I mean I don't like UF at all, butyou gotta be dilusional if you don't think Tebow deserves this and will win it.
That excuse that he's their running back, so that's why his rushing td #s are inflated would make sense, except for the fact that most of the leadingrunning backs in the nation aren't even running for more than 20 td's, not to mention his passing td's.
McFadden isn't even the best running back in the nation, so, no.
Best running back in the nation = Kevin 24K Smith...son is about to pass Marcus Allen for 2nd all-time rushing yards in a season. And he has the most td'sin the nation. I was really wishing Arkansas would've lost to LSU so we would've played them in the Liberty Bowl and showed the nation that 24K >McFadden

McFadden had an okay year, up until he had that 321 break-out game...I hope Dolphins don't take McFadden

Ya'll hate Tebow which is cool because he is by far the most overrated player in college football right now somebody that is always involved in the playand not winning when he should is not a heisman winner. DMAC dominates Teabag if he got the ball all the time, and DMAC is an all around player there for heshould be Hiesman. Oh yea avitale im sorry kid but the dolphins dont deserve DMAC i hope the pats scoop him up with the 49ers pick..........

Back
Top Bottom