TENNIS - Roland Garros: The 2009 French Open

Federer back at it.
pimp.gif

Lets keep this going!!!!
Ugh, I need to go to sleep soon, class at 11....it's already 6 where I am.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

FED HAS to close this out ... he bout to win the 4th 6-0 ... needs to bring that momentum to the 5th ... i'm sure the stadium is roaring

Splendid
smh.gif

Lets see... who's Fed playing in the next round???
smh.gif

Tommy has to go against Fed, the crowd AND himself...

YES! Haas broken! Come on Federer, you can do this!
Why do they have to play so early in the morning....ugh. Class in 4 hours and I haven't slept yet.
laugh.gif

Fed needs to quit with these bs 5-setters he seems to have a knack of playing now in GS's. Igor at the US, Berdych at the Australian, and now this. Thoughthe good is that when he's able to pull them out he seems to get on a roll for the rest of the tournaments (with the exception being when he plays Nadal).

ARGH... It was basically over when Fed was down 3-4 in the 3rd, with Haas having a breakpoint to go up 5-3 and serve for the match. Instead, Fed held hisserve, broke Haas and held to win the 3rd set. Oh well.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Agassi fan eh? I'd figure you for a Sampras fan since most are, or it seems to me that most are, quite the anti-Federer bunch.

Yep, been an Agassi fan since 1990. For me, still my #1 fav athlete.

But I've never been a Fed fan... early on when he started to become successful, I found him to be quite arrogant, especially during his interviews. Maybeit "lost in translation" or his youth getting the best of him. Anyway, I don't "hate" the guy... I just don't care to see him win. Don't get me wrong, I think he's the most naturally talented tennis player we've ever seen, but I'm just not a fan.

UH OH.....

Monfils looking crisp out there...Roddick is in trouble
smh.gif

Roddick desperately needs more pace on his groundstrokes....

^ hey I'm a huge Agassi fan too but when he was younger he was the same way very arrogant....remember when he would play Wimbledon cause he didn't wantto wear white? I think it's just youth gotta remember these guys gain a lot of fame at such a young age they just don't know how to handle it...but Ido have to say Fed used to have quite the temper I don't remember Agassi being like that.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Roddick getting his @@# kicked right now. Ha ha! Dude's sore loser-ness is about to come out any minute now.

He is a bit of a whiner isn't he?
laugh.gif

Infinite ~ Yeah, but Agassi's "anti-Wimbledon" was only from '88-'90 (18-20yrs). Ultimately he caved and played in 1991 with hisall-white Air Tech Challenge III's and the rest, you know, is history... The thing with Agassi, some of the controversy with him early on in his career wasmore of Nike's campaign for him (Rock N Roll tennis) which many of the traditionalists didn't like. However I was one of the many youngsters that thisappealed to, which ultimately increased the overall interest of the sport.

Credit to Fed though, he really did a 180 on his temper. His early temper was almost Safin-like.

Roddick vs. Monfils ~ Gael's playing solid and smart tennis... mixing his shots up and serving well. Roddick's only shot is to stop the match(basically claim that its too dark) and hope for a turn-around tomorrow. Lol, the ump is having none of it... I think its up to the tournament director todecide on when to call off a match due to darkness... it does look quite dark out there...

It doesn't look dark at the stadium at all. It's cloudy, but it's still light out. I bet if Roddick was winning he wouldn't be complainingabout how dark it is or whatever.

Monfils has what some NTers would refer to as "swag." Clowning Roddick. Love it!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Infinite ~ Yeah, but Agassi's "anti-Wimbledon" was only from '88-'90 (18-20yrs). Ultimately he caved and played in 1991 with his all-white Air Tech Challenge III's and the rest, you know, is history... The thing with Agassi, some of the controversy with him early on in his career was more of Nike's campaign for him (Rock N Roll tennis) which many of the traditionalists didn't like. However I was one of the many youngsters that this appealed to, which ultimately increased the overall interest of the sport.

Credit to Fed though, he really did a 180 on his temper. His early temper was almost Safin-like.

Roddick vs. Monfils ~ Gael's playing solid and smart tennis... mixing his shots up and serving well. Roddick's only shot is to stop the match (basically claim that its too dark) and hope for a turn-around tomorrow. Lol, the ump is having none of it... I think its up to the tournament director to decide on when to call off a match due to darkness... it does look quite dark out there...

I hear ya trust me all I wore playing were Agassi's........but I still think that with players coming in at 17/18 and being successful are gonna have anego......only one from that generation that didn't was prolly Chang winning at the French @ 17

Back
Top Bottom