TENNIS - Roland Garros: The 2009 French Open

Monfils looks so strong (NH). Super athletic dude and his shots are really, really good.

Good riddance to Roddick. His aura of entitlement is such a turn off.

Monfils seriously looks like he has a Serena weave. And btw, I think Andy Roddick might be my most hated athlete.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

KOOL AID RODDICK

MY SON GAEL!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Let's get this title!!!

gael vs. fed will b epic ... if fed isn't on point from the start ... he will be taken out ...

Venus and Roddick are out. I have no reason to watch anymore...Although I am intrigued with Monfils vs. Federer.

^ Yep... the first and only African-American man ever to win the men's singles at Wimbledon, the US Open, & Australian Open. And lets notforget his contribution to various racial and social issues.

Murray will have his hands-full playing against Gonzalez... while, hopefully, Soderling's stunning performance against Nadal won't be aone-time-deal...

Day 10: Tuesday, 2 June
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Court Philippe Chatrier

14:00 Start
[/td] [td][/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] 1 Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dinara Safina (RUS)[1]
[/td] [td]v.[/td] [td] Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[9]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]followed by[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] 2 Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Andy Murray (GBR)[3]
[/td] [td]v.[/td] [td] Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)[12]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] 3 Mixed Doubles - Qtr. Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Nathalie Dechy (FRA)/
Andy Ram (ISR)
[/td] [td]v.[/td] [td] Nadia Petrova (RUS)[4]/
Max Mirnyi (BLR)[4]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Court Suzanne Lenglen

14:00 Start
[/td] [td][/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] 1 Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Robin Soderling (SWE)[23]
[/td] [td]v.[/td] [td] Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)[10]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]followed by[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] 2 Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)[20]
[/td] [td]v.[/td] [td] Maria Sharapova (RUS)
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] 3 Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)[9]/
Shuai Peng (CHN)[9]
[/td] [td]v.[/td] [td] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)/
Urszula Radwanska (POL)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

I was impressed with Sharipova's last win. She fought back
Maybe she's fully recovered and back to her former self

I really Hop Gael wins this title
He needs a boost after how he had to pull out the Australian
That !$+% basically sums up his entire career so far as a pro, injuries.
smh.gif

He stays healthy and we're looking at the guy to challenge Nadal for the next 5 years

Ps don't forget about Althea Gibson ...

Originally Posted by thewodun

sharapova fell off so much she isn't even ranked any more? anyone wanna fill me in?

She was injured. The shoulder injury occured in '07, but she only decided to have surgery last August and has since been out of action. She just startedto play competitively again last month. All things considered, she's having a pretty good tournament.

soderling is playing so well.. this game against davydenko is crazy, he is coming out with forehand winners not even near to the baseline

Wow, Soderling taking care of business... destroying Davydenko 1-3-1... took less time than the Safina/Azarenka match...

so much 4 the let down after nadal ... murray is in a tough match so far ...

i wish fed didn't have to play monfils yet ...

word ... cats dropping like flies ... one thing u can say about roger ... dude is mad consistent ... hopefully he can pull this out ... but everyone is hungryesp. w/ rafa being out ...

maria got killed
laugh.gif

Can't say I'm that surprised that he beat Murray Gonzo's always been a decent clay court guy and Murray not so much.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Can't say I'm that surprised that he beat Murray Gonzo's always been a decent clay court guy and Murray not so much.
It doesn't matter what surface he's on, Gonzo just takes some huge cuts at the ball. He had 45 winners to Andy's 19. Dude seems tohave a go for broke mentality on his shots, but that's just part of his game plan. I remember a couple of his matches on his march to the Aussie Final acouple years ago. Dude was just hitting winners left and right with opponents just shaking their heads.

I like Gonzo....he goes for broke everytime he swings and he has one of the BIGGEST forehands in the game. I would say top 5....

Back
Top Bottom