TERMINATOR THREAD - T2 turns 30 July 3

The problem is that there was never really a need to continue the series after T2...It ended things well enough and all the subsequent sequels have just tried force plot lines in so the story can continue...As bad as it was Salvation at least tried something different where these last two movies were just pointless...

The problem is all these older franchises were written from short-sighted POVs instead of thru long term, world building lenses.

On top of that, you get writers and directors who attempt to rehash and repackage the same familiar storylines of past with a tweak here or there (Terminator, Halloween, Star Wars etc) and attempts to downplay our intelligence.

The problem is all these older franchises were written from short-sighted POVs instead of thru long term, world building lenses.

On top of that, you get writers and directors who attempt to rehash and repackage the same familiar storylines of past with a tweak here or there (Terminator, Halloween, Star Wars etc) and attempts to downplay our intelligence.

Exactly my biggest issue with this movie...What’s the point in getting rid of all the world building they’ve done (At least through T2) only to start building what amounts to the same world...

The Terminator wasn't meant to be a multi-picture franchise, to be honest.

That is the beauty of T2. Sarah being in a mental ward, Silberman being Sarah’s psychiatrist, the arm left behind from the crushed T800 from T1 and the beat part...the unborn child who is meant to be the leader of humanity and the catalyst for all of this is a rotten punk kid who is the epitome of the 90’s :smh: beautiful man, what a beautiful film

Watching T1 and T2 back to back :wow:

saw t1 for the first time and wow it was good... didnt know arnold was such a killer/savage since hes the opposite in t2... i need to rewatch t2 it was one of my favorite movies in the 90s... the new one aint bad... definitely not the best of all the films but it was was enjoyable because of the action alone

my only complaints

it was annoying they had that whole "you're a womb only" stuff. just say that she saved her and move on. why make it like, a thing in the movie, you can have a strong female character with a good origin and just ignore the old film even being about that. seems weird that the writes went there

The last sequel that kept my attention was "Rise of the Machines", and once was enough for that one. I cold fell asleep on the last sequel/prequel or whatever they call it. The OG and T2 are the only ones I can watch and enjoy from this point forward. Arnold will always be my dude, though.

The whole Line when Grace told Dani she wasn’t gonna birth “some man” that would be the savior, that is actually HER....

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhh that ****** was cringeworthy, I’m not against feminism or girl power, while others cringed in EndGame when all the girls got together, I actually rooted and understood why it was done and thought it was a dope moment, Marvel has built on its female audience and they delivered a special moment for them...

In this movie however, THEY FORCED IT...this movie at its corewas a testosterone filled action movie with a body builder as the antagonist, leather jackets and harleys and sawed off shotguns taking names, it already had its female star power who was just as memorable as any character and just as powerful as the lead in Hamilton....now you have her back and McKenzie who had a super dope intro, but now you bring this nobody into the mix, who overacted every scene and is now supposed to be the savior to foceably push some feminist agenda of our time in movie that I can’t think has a large female audience to begin with and you do this at the expense of sacrificing the corestory set by the OGs

throw James Cameron away.

wasn't expecting much and went in with low expectations
it was entertaining. got my fill of explosions and action :lol:
opening action was :pimp:

I just saw it today. I loved it. Not without its flaws but the story was good. Linda and Arnold made the movie.
Shame there will never be another Terminator movie again since this one is gonna lose a good amount of money. As 3-5 also lost money I believe.

I need to watch ANY of these after 2, can't recall if I have.

T2 is a classic film though. Definitely in my power rankings outside of Black/COmbat/Basketball movies.

Finally started Dark Fate and wow. They explained John Connor’s story pretty quick lmao

I need to watch ANY of these after 2, can't recall if I have.

T2 is a classic film though. Definitely in my power rankings outside of Black/COmbat/Basketball movies.
Might just be contrarian but I'd say just 3 and maybe Geniysis.

I get they didn't like how 3 turned out but the only film that I liked better was Genisys but it didn't age that well for me too

T2 is a top 3 movie of mine so everything after it really is a kick to the groin

my goodness this movie was so mediocre it would of been better if it was just trash. Some quick takes;

. they still haven’t created a concept better than the T1000 bad guy.

. John Connor getting killed within 5 mins was hilariously bad writing

. T800 living a normal life for decades is hilariously bad writing

. Movie had zero heart

. Sarah was reduced to terrible unfunny one liners and F bomb drops

. action was so CGI’d it was just emotionless

. the movie added nothing to the story

. the forced girl power theme was so obvious it was cringe and I’m all for the girl powerness if done correct

T3 was a trash movie but I’ll at least give it credit for the ending, though it does just spit on everything T2 established.

Last edited:
Predator and Terminator 2 are Top 3 movies for me and I can't believe I'm at a point where I didn't even bother with this last Terminator one. And that's coming from someone who went to see the last Predator movie a couple years ago :smh:

Predator and Terminator 2 are Top 3 movies for me and I can't believe I'm at a point where I didn't even bother with this last Terminator one. And that's coming from someone who went to see the last Predator movie a couple years ago :smh:
Dude yes! Those are in my top 3 as well. Alongside Rambo 2.

I watched this on my phone in about 4 sittings. It was a chore. The one before this I watched about half and then the ending. Skynet iOS update was hilarious and T1000 and 800 getting wrecked with ease made me turn it off

going to try and finish the movie today. Stopped at the point where they get to Arnold's cabin.

I liked the newest movie. Grace aka Mackenzie Davis aka Cameron Howe bae was a cool character. Fight scenes were cool.

They did John Connor's character so dirty. :rofl:

This movie did kinda show the story is an endless cycle. They get rid of one leader of humanity but then gotta get rid of another one because a different one rises up in an alternate future.

Finally watching now that it’s free

but they really need to work off of ‘the time machine‘ premiss.. killing anyone in the past will never work

like with t1 and t2, certain people can’t die because well then those robots ain’t coming to the past.. it’s a mission that’s always bound to fail

BUT it will allow people from the past to win the war in the future, which is what they should be building towards

and keep the terminators as white males and make that a backhanded complement on society, history and white males

Also they now got these things looking like mimics from edge of tomorrow

like I get they would have sent more than just the terminator after John and others.. but it should clearly be failed with regard to those people and people connected to the future

like this movie has aspects to build upon.. and the Batman movie has aspects to build upon.. but they’re using some failed sharknado type shhh bigger, better and more

instead of just building out and dev a legit story instead of thinking of cooler looking terminators

Back
Top Bottom