Terrorist attack in Kenyan Mall (68 dead/175 wounded/30 being held hostage) - still ongoing

This is just sick :smh:

(CNN) -- Gunmen attacked an upscale shopping mall in the Kenyan capital on Saturday, leading to a fierce gunbattle with police and leaving dozens of casualties.

One of the suspected gunman is in the hospital and is being detained by authorities, said national police on its Twitter account.

Authorities say as many as 36 hostages are still being held by the gunmen in the mall, according to journalist Martin Cuddihy of the Australian Broadcasting Corp., who was at the scene and interviewed by CNN.

Link

Buzzfeed said there were 22 deaths. Saw some real heartbreaking photos....kids getting wheeled out in grocery carts, bodies on the ground, etc.

So much madness in the world. :smh:

Crazy! I was falling asleep when the news broke and they were saying 11 killed. I woke up and now it's up to 30+ :smh:

I am tired of people. |I

Crazy! I was falling asleep when the news broke and they were saying 11 killed. I woke up and now it's up to 30+ :smh:

I am tired of people. |I

30+ now? :smh: Jeez....

*edit*

CNN Updated:

Kenya official: At least 30 killed and 100 wounded in attack at mall in Nairobi; at least one suspect killed.

Last edited:
Al Shabaab has taken responsibility. Via their twitter acct:

View media item 586101

I was just about to post that...reading their twitter feed is eerie.

Hours after the attack began, the Shabab, the ferocious Somali militant group that has been linked to past attacks in Kenya, suggested in a series of Twitter posts that its fighters were responsible for the massacre.

“The attack at Westgate Mall is just a very tiny fraction of what Muslims in Somalia experience at the hands of Kenyan invaders,” one post said.

Others continued: “By land, air and sea, Kenyan forces invaded our Muslim country, killing hundreds of Muslims in the process and displacing thousands more. The Kenyan government, however, turned a deaf ear to our repeated warnings and continued to massacre innocent Muslims in Somalia.” It said it had warned the Kenyan government that failure to remove its forces from Somalia “would have severe consequences.”

NYT Article & Link to Al Shabaab Twitter Feed inside

^These types of groups don't care who you are though. They kill other Muslims as well, so it's pretty hypocritical. innocent Muslims get killed in these attacks too but they just chalk it up to collateral damage

Last edited:
Nothing safe about it. They go after Muslims the bulk of the time. There were a number of muslim victims at the Kenyan mall & they attacked a market in Mogadishu today as well.

The Religion of Peace strikes once again. 
eyes.gif

Last edited:

The Religion of Peace strikes once again. 
eyes.gif
And this is EXACTLY why there are tensions. Look at your POV.
mean.gif

Educate yourself before throwing an entire religion under the bus.
Not throwing a whole religion under the bus, but I wonder why the followers of other religions don't have as much problem being CIVILIZED and not killing INNOCENT people.

^ I know deranged individuals come from all backgrounds, but those who kill others expressly in the name of religion seem to be mostly from the Islamic faith nowadays. In the past, it was the Christians during the Christian crusades, but it seems that some people still haven't come up to par, from a religious standpoint, as to what is civilized humane behavior. Might take several more centuries til we have no more large scale bloodshed in the name of religion, but that's being hopeful.

Last edited:
It goes on and on...Tim McVeigh, and most recently, the Alexis guy who shot up the DC Navy Yard.

There are SICK people out there. Period. It's easy to blame things on a certain group, but that's not fair.

CNN Update:

Nairobi, Kenya (CNN) -- Twenty four hours. Fifty nine dead. About 30 hostages still inside.

Those are the grim numbers a day after attackers stormed an upscale Nairobi mall, spraying bullets and holding shoppers captive.

By noon Sunday, as grim-faced Kenyan soldiers warily searched the five-story building -- and as al-Shabaab maintained its defiant stance -- the siege was no closer to a resolution.

Kenyan government and Western diplomatic sources said al Shabaab militants were holding about 30 hostages inside the shopping center.

Officials believe 10 to 15 gunmen are involved, State House spokesman Manoah Esipisu said Sunday.

"We know that they were across the building," Esipisu told CNN's Zain Verjee. "We know that they are now isolated somewhere within the building."

Link

The Religion of Peace strikes once again. :rolleyes

:stoneface:

let's just forget that the crusades didn't exist. :lol:
"civilized" and "peaceful" :lol:

I'm Christian, but c'mon man, the things people have done under the guise of Christianity :x

EDIT: and if we're focusing on this century, what about the catholic molestation scandal? and those mormon cults where dude have 10 wives under the age of 14

Last edited:
The Religion of Peace strikes once again. :rolleyes

And this is EXACTLY why there are tensions. Look at your POV. :smh:

Educate yourself before throwing an entire religion under the bus.

:smh: yeah ignorant stuff like this just adds to this vicious cycle smh. Like Fellow Christians haven't done some TERRIBLE things before. RIP to those innocent lives lost, hope the psychos who did it are killed or captured soon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom