Thanks for helping NikeTalk allocate $6,820 to Kiva.org - now YOU can decide who we loan it to!

Very awesome guys. I'll be sure to look through the list tomorrow and nominate somebody.

THIS IS SO AWESOME!! CAPS LOCK AWESOME.

I'll be going through the list tomorrow, and hopefully we can pick someone great!

Originally Posted by West2East

This is going to be awesome! I've been sitting here browsing for almost an hour and wanting to donate to every one. I'm definitely going to pass this site along. I want to nominate Las Amorosas Group from Bolivia.

Las Amorosas Group

Co-sign.

i think this is a great thing you guys are doing
friend.gif

so is there gonna be a poll? Most of the recommendations have met their loan goals from what I see. Was this from Niketalk?

Originally Posted by SKRIBZZRC

0% repaid lulz

Yeah, for some strange reason they haven't managed to repay a loan they haven't received yet - much less used to invest in their business. Gofigure.

If you check their page, you'll see the repayment terms. The loan should be repaid over the next four months, after which time we can arrange for a newloan.

In the meantime, check out the nomination thread for our secondloan.

AIG!!!!!!

Edit: Just read the first page and nice going NT. I bought an album off iTunes that supported a very similar group called FINCA that does the same thing. Inthe iTunes store search for 'FINCA' or Natalie Portman (she picked the songs).

Just created my own account. About to start loaning out my own money that I'm taking out the stock market. Question: Will I receive interest back on theloan I make?

Just created my own account. About to start loaning out my own money that I'm taking out the stock market. Question: Will I receive interest back on the loan I make?
No, you don't receive interest - but when the loan is repaid (and the overwhelming majority are) the funds will return to your account and, atthat point, you'll have the option of withdrawing the amount or re-lending it.

I hope you'll consider re-lending it; it's a great way to get a LOT out of even a small amount.

Also: consider joining our Kiva lending team. It's a way for us to see how much our members, asa group, have contributed thus far.

The overwhelming lending activity on Kiva of late has made it very difficult for us to hold nomination and voting sessions, but we may try some direct votingsoon once Kiva lists a substantial amount of new loans. In the meantime, I definitely hope everyone makes the time to browse their site.

Back
Top Bottom