The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clippers at 5? You're too modest lawdog.

I don't think so. Preseason was not impressive. They seem to have regressed defensively, defensive rebounding looks like it will continue to be a major problem and because the SF position has been utter trash, if Redick is off, they have to rely to heavily on Blake for offense. Take all that with the fact that the Warriors and Blazers look like they've improved and you get the Clips sliding a couple spots.

I don't think so. Preseason was not impressive. They seem to have regressed defensively, defensive rebounding looks like it will continue to be a major problem and because the SF position has been utter trash, if Redick is off, they have to rely to heavily on Blake for offense. Take all that with the fact that the Warriors and Blazers look like they've improved and you get the Clips sliding a couple spots.
If the Clippers claim #5, Paul, Blake and Jordan (and Doc) should be ashamed of themselves
mean.gif

There is zero reason they should not fall outside of the top 3

#5 doe? Seriously, that's pathetic

Clippers at 5? You're too modest lawdog.

preseason means nothing

i think clips will be fine regular season

If the Clippers claim #5, Paul, Blake and Jordan (and Doc) should be ashamed of themselves :smh:

There is zero reason they should not fall outside of the top 3

#5 doe? Seriously, that's pathetic

I'd be seriously, seriously disappointed, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. It's probably going to be just a game or 2 in either direction that decide the seedlings, so there's not going to be much margin for error.

I'd be seriously, seriously disappointed, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. It's probably going to be just a game or 2 in either direction that decide the seedlings, so there's not going to be much margin for error.
Anything's possible, but I'm just saying the Clippers virtually have no excuses not to finish in the top 3. Durant is hurt as well.

Going into the playoffs at #5 would be a disaster for the Clippers and would probably mean they were having some sort of turmoil or major injury.

Whewww the Warriors are going to be scary this yr

Agree. I now have them at 2 in the West behind San Antonio. My revised West playoff predictions after the preseason are:

1. Spurs
2. Warriors
3. OKC
4. Blazers
5. Clippers
6. Mavericks
7. Memphis
8. Rockets

(Didn't see enough of the East to rank them).

I actually think the Blazers will take OKC spot. KD aint rushing back Morrow also will hurt the team too much pressure for russy they gonna struggle early.

Continuing to prove he plays below the rim, just like at Kentucky. Nothing wrong with that but I like how he keeps proving he doesn't have anywhere near the athleticism that Blake has. He's doing a lot of what he did at Kentucky, definitely re-fined his game though to be doing this on the pro level.

You did say their skillsets were nothing alike tho but you can continue to duck and dodge that if you wish

preseason means nothing

i think clips will be fine regular season

I don't know that it's completely meaningless. Remember the Dwight Howard Lakers season? They were terrible in the preseason. Of course they weren't that bad all year, but it was at least an indicator that team wasn't going to be as good as was originally thought.

Really wish they hadn't signed Booz. Scott is gonna gift him mins instead of Randle just because he's a vet. I wanted Randle at 35+ minutes per game.

Thing about scott is he makes everything a competition. If randle wants minutes he's gonna have to be dominant on both sides

You did say their skillsets were nothing alike tho but you can continue to duck and dodge that if you wish
Oh so you're admitting you were completely wrong about Randle's athleticism compared to Blake Griffin. Was a silly comparison from the start.

As far as their skill sets, Blake Griffin is the only guy that has a few dribble set ups and drives to the bucket? Blake is the only big that can shoot a bit? Randle is a mix of different big men. A little bit of David Lee, a little bit of Horford, a little ZBO, Odom and Griffin.

I'm not ducking and dodging anything, I said from the start Randle and Griffin shared some similarities in terms of the dipping shoulder, head down bull doze to the bucket. The coast to coast ability. The bully ball.

^^^ And if the Lakers fall out of playoff contention fairly early, hopefully Scott has the sense to prioritize letting the young guys develop over trying to pull out a few additional wins.

*away from winning the ship
I'd like to see a guard with the ability to create their own offense. Idk how well barbosa will be able to do that. And another capable of big, for insurance, would be nice.
We will see if Livingston can fill the void to create, sucks that he got injured.

If they got one more piece (a big man) I think it's all you could realistically ask for. If they got two more pieces they would have no excuses not to get to the finals.

Agree. I now have them at 2 in the West behind San Antonio. My revised West playoff predictions after the preseason are:

1. Spurs
2. Warriors
3. OKC
4. Blazers
5. Clippers
6. Mavericks
7. Memphis
8. Rockets

(Didn't see enough of the East to rank them).

Yea ok

Oh so you're admitting you were completely wrong about Randle's athleticism compared to Blake Griffin. Was a silly comparison from the start.

As far as their skill sets, Blake Griffin is the only guy that has a few dribble set ups and drives to the bucket? Blake is the only big that can shoot a bit? Randle is a mix of different big men. A little bit of David Lee, a little bit of Horford, a little ZBO, Odom and Griffin.

I'm not ducking and dodging anything, I said from the start Randle and Griffin shared some similarities in terms of the dipping shoulder, head down bull doze to the bucket. The coast to coast ability. The bully ball.

I'm not wrong about their athleticism. His first bucket was a two hand flush on a seven footer, you just tried to downplay it because you had already said he would "never" do such a thing.

As far as the rest of your revised opinion on their skillset, let's check the replay:

View media item 1232501

Last edited:
^^^ Look man, no matter how hard you push it or how many video clips you post, most of us are never going to see Randle as Blake 2.0. Why not just let Randle be Randle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom